Located conveniently in the Tampa Airport. Typical clean modern comfortable Marriott room. Staff well-trained, polite and eager to please - as expected. Good place for a tired long-haul traveler after a trip or to spend the evening before an early morning flight.
Had some trouble finding the Marriott. Entered from the car rentals and no sign for hotel. Went upstairs on a hunch and again, no sign. Walked around a bit and found a sign, but only the one. Still lost. Then saw the Marriott at the end of a long wide hallway. Smooth check-in and given a room that met room requests. Very nice people at reception.
Sadly, there isn’t much choice for food in this airport. A TGIF and some Italian place. Then the usual junk food burger places. That’s it. So I thought the Marriott would save me. Only bar-food in the bar and a limited “Cuban bistro“. No restaurant. They used to have one on the roof, but not anymore. It was still marked in the elevator and one of the service workers gave me the sad news. Considering the few food options in the airport and the fact that this is a Marriott, thought the food possibilities at the hotel were very disappointing. Hyatt has a similar hotel at the Orlando airport that upstages this Marriott in almost every area. Marriott should stay a few nights there to see how they handle it.
Wi-fi available, but as usual, not free. I don’t see how budget hotels can provide wi-fi free with a much lower room rate, and Marriott has to charge for it. Also, there were two small bottles of water on the room table. Thought it was a “welcome to Marriott” free drink, but when reading he label, they wanted $5 a bottle. Wonder how many people thought they were free, drank them and then had to pay. Would have been a nice touch for the host to offer a drink of water.
No room safe or fridge. Nicely presented coffee/tea station. Adequate size TV.
Would I stay here again? Definitely - but I wouldn‘t look forward to it like I do for the Orlando Airport Hyatt. But, still a good choice to land after a long trip. Nice large room and very comfortable. Food options at both the hotel and airport leave much to be desired, but if Marriott reads this, maybe it will improve.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Tampa Airport Hotel
- Marriott Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
- Marriott Tampa
- Tampa Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located inside the Tampa Airport (TPA), this newly renovated hotel offers an ideal location for business and leisure travelers. With triple-paned glass and the Marriott Revive bedding package, you will appreciate the complete overhaul to the guest rooms and bathrooms at this Tampa airport hotel. We are proudly rated amongst Marriott's top 10 hotels for guest satisfaction, making us a best bet among Tampa International Airport hotels! Enjoy amazing skyline views at our Tampa Airport hotel's rotating rooftop restaurant, The View at CK's, or experience the sophisticated Skyye Lounge in the Lobby. For casual dining we offer the Skyye Coffee Bar, serving Starbucks or enjoy American cuisine from Café Elise. Enjoy the outdoor pool, on-site fitness center, and 18,000 square feet of event space for meetings, special events and weddings. Marriott's Tampa Airport hotel is near golf courses, Raymond James Stadium, International Plaza, Downtown Tampa and beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Amex, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Marriott Tampa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.