“who designed this room?” 3 of 5 stars

Celebrate the Savings
Ranked #10 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“who designed this room?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall, I liked the placement of the hotel within the airport and easy access to car rental too. The hotel staff was pleasant and informative. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were decorated nicely. I have one issue, there was not an outlet in the room NEAR a mirror. In order to share the bathroom with my travel companions I leave the bathroom once I am done with my shower. I have other grooming needs that require a mirror but the mirror in the room did not have an outlet nearby. This was the most annoying thing to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops - Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Your recent review of the hotel and the positive comments regarding the location and staff are very much appreciated. As we are always looking for ways to improve we have noted your experience and the need to add the ability to utilize the wall mirror and electrical outlets. We hope to have you return in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the concierge level the night before an early morning flight and that was very convenient. We returned our rental car early and saved the price of an extra few hours which was great.

The hotel is very nice and clean. It is decorated very tastefully. The bathroom is nice, but extremely small! The toiletries are also very nice with everything you might need, including cotton balls, cotton swabs and make remover towelletes. There are coffee makers in the cabinet under the T.V.

We had a view of the runways, but there really wasn't much action out there. It was nice to look out the window and see some planes arrive.

All of the staff was friendly. Every staff memeber said "hello" even if they were just passing you in the hall.

The staff at the concierge lounge was very friendly and helpful, but the choices were minimal to say the least. There were veggies and dip, cheese and crackers and one choice of hot appetizers. There were several types of non-alcoholic beverages. Unlike some concierge lounges, you had to pay for alcoholic beverages. We did not pay extra for those, but I did see that the hostess did pur fairly generously. In the evening, they had one type of dessert and a couple of kinds of cookies. Breakfast was OK, but again very basic. Nothing overly spectacular, but convenient before an early morning flight.

We felt it was a little bit pricey for what it actually was, but I guess we're paying for convenience. Next time, I would forgo the extra price for the concierge service and just eat in the airport. I did notice there were a number of well-known restaurants and a Starbucks. Eating at a restaurant would have taken up some of the time. The hotel itself is fairly boring in the evening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience at the hotel. We certainly feel that our location is a convenient choice for an early morning traveler and our staff make every effort to make you feel welcomed. Your feedback on the food options in the lounge has been shared with our culinary staff as they are constantly evaluating our offerings. We look forward to hosting you once again in the near future.
New Castle, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised with the excellence of this hotel and the staff. We chose to stay here since we had a 7 am flight and figured we could return the rental car the night before and then get to sleep in a little later. It was more than I wanted to spend for the few hours we were there but the convenience made it worthwhile. We all said we wished we had more time to stay as the hotel was so nice. We did take advantage of the ping pong table out by the pool! Staff was very helpful. Bellman even took our luggage down to the Southwest counter for us. Even at 5:15 am, staff very pleasant and accommodating. Would be nice to have somewhere to get coffee prior to 6 am for those early morning flights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are proud that we were able to provide you with such a pleasant surprise and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. While our location is one of our strongest attributes we are glad to hear that you found our "Traveler's Oasis" pool area that includes the ping pong, corn hole and hammocks. Certainly a nice surprise not found in your typical airport hotel. We look forward to your return visit for soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay here a lot when I come to see family and I have an early flight the next day! The hotel is warming and very comfortable. I get up super early to go check my luggage in and go back to sleep for a little bit until my flight is about to board. The hotel bar is great especially for those of us traveling during the holidays. They have decent rates if you book early enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review highlighting the convenience of our hotel’s location. We focus on providing a great atmosphere for you while making for an easy trip out of Tampa. We look forward to your next visit after spending time with friends and family.
Fenton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I never write reviews. I arrived at the Tampa Marriott, three kids in tow, Saturday night 4/6/13. This was the height of spring break. I noticed the staff from start to finish was so friendly, kind, and helpful. We arrived to our room, and my heart sunk as there was a king bed only. I called the front desk, and anxiously explained the situation. Within 5 minutes, we were placed In a suite that had a double bed, with two rollaways in it to accommodate myself and my three kids. The young lady at the front desk, Yeneth (?), was simply top notch in terms of her deft handling of the situation, calming a n anxious customer, and being so kind in the process. I travel often, and truly I have never been so impressed. I know due to spring break the hotel likely was packed with families, yet they found a way to help me. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough! Thank you!! And also, the young man at the valet was also extremely kind and helpful!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Your recent review of your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott was a great example of why we feel we are such a great choice for anyone looking for a staff that truly cares. Thank you for taking the time to do your first review on our team. Yaneth is an asset to our team and she looks forward to welcoming you back to Tampa soon. Thank you for your stay.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the best I have stayed in awhile. The staff went above an beyond to accommodate our group a we were there for a conference. I had no complaints about anything. The only downer is that it's directly at the airport an the eating options get old after awhile, but the mall is fairly close.

• Stayed April 2013
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops - Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a great review on our hotel. The hotel staff certainly appreciates the kind words as they are always focusing on making the group experience an enjoyable one. Please come and stay with us soon again as we look forward to your return.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a 0745 flight home to Vancouver (via DFW) from the Tampa Airport at the end of our spring break, so we decided to bite the bullet and stay at an airport hotel. As we are are Marriott Rewards and AAA members this property right in the Tampa airport was the obvious choice. Altho a bit pricey at $197 per night, when you factor in it could save you a day on car rental fees, and for sure the stress and hassle of an early am drive & car return at the airport, it was money well spent.

The location is perfect as an easy walk to the airline departure counters, but the biggest plus to me of this location was the staff. The lady in their 6th floor lounge, Margit, was one of the nicest & most professional people I have ever met. When she heard we were leaving so early the next morning she wrapped up a bunch of tasty cookies for my son, and also offered up a few boxes of cereal & drinks so he could have something in the morning in case we were too rushed before our 1st flight of the day. It was clear Margit was very passionate about her job (16 yrs with Marriott she said), and it is because of people like her that we will pay more to continue staying at Marriotts.

Room was fiine with a flat screen & 2 comfy queen beds & it is nice to look out & see the runway with planes taking off & landing. It didn't seem like plane noise was an issue & the only noise issue was the loudness of the room phones as at 0500 I heard the phone go off in a nearby room which made for a slightly earlier wake up than I would have wanted.

The hotel lobby has wi-fi, and the 6th floor lounge also has one work-station with a printer, but if you want wi-fi or wired in internet access in your room it is a $14.95 charge. To me that is a bit cheeky for a room that is almost $200/night, but for most corporate clients that likely isn't an issue, but I think the hotel should re-think that policy.

Check out was not an issue as we had turned in our Marriott gift cards the night we checked in so that credit was there, and the balance went onto our AMEX cards. Easy walk into the airport & bonus is some nice shops in the general area. Overall we would stay there again for the convenience & staff.

Room Tip: Only 5 floors and all have some view of the runways. If the runway view is key for you (or your kids...