We had a 0745 flight home to Vancouver (via DFW) from the Tampa Airport at the end of our spring break, so we decided to bite the bullet and stay at an airport hotel. As we are are Marriott Rewards and AAA members this property right in the Tampa airport was the obvious choice. Altho a bit pricey at $197 per night, when you factor in it could save you a day on car rental fees, and for sure the stress and hassle of an early am drive & car return at the airport, it was money well spent.
The location is perfect as an easy walk to the airline departure counters, but the biggest plus to me of this location was the staff. The lady in their 6th floor lounge, Margit, was one of the nicest & most professional people I have ever met. When she heard we were leaving so early the next morning she wrapped up a bunch of tasty cookies for my son, and also offered up a few boxes of cereal & drinks so he could have something in the morning in case we were too rushed before our 1st flight of the day. It was clear Margit was very passionate about her job (16 yrs with Marriott she said), and it is because of people like her that we will pay more to continue staying at Marriotts.
Room was fiine with a flat screen & 2 comfy queen beds & it is nice to look out & see the runway with planes taking off & landing. It didn't seem like plane noise was an issue & the only noise issue was the loudness of the room phones as at 0500 I heard the phone go off in a nearby room which made for a slightly earlier wake up than I would have wanted.
The hotel lobby has wi-fi, and the 6th floor lounge also has one work-station with a printer, but if you want wi-fi or wired in internet access in your room it is a $14.95 charge. To me that is a bit cheeky for a room that is almost $200/night, but for most corporate clients that likely isn't an issue, but I think the hotel should re-think that policy.
Check out was not an issue as we had turned in our Marriott gift cards the night we checked in so that credit was there, and the balance went onto our AMEX cards. Easy walk into the airport & bonus is some nice shops in the general area. Overall we would stay there again for the convenience & staff.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Tampa Airport Hotel
- Marriott Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
- Marriott Tampa
- Tampa Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located inside the Tampa Airport (TPA), this newly renovated hotel offers an ideal location for business and leisure travelers. With triple-paned glass and the Marriott Revive bedding package, you will appreciate the complete overhaul to the guest rooms and bathrooms at this Tampa airport hotel. We are proudly rated amongst Marriott's top 10 hotels for guest satisfaction, making us a best bet among Tampa International Airport hotels! Enjoy amazing skyline views at our Tampa Airport hotel's rotating rooftop restaurant, The View at CK's, or experience the sophisticated Skyye Lounge in the Lobby. For casual dining we offer the Skyye Coffee Bar, serving Starbucks or enjoy American cuisine from Café Elise. Enjoy the outdoor pool, on-site fitness center, and 18,000 square feet of event space for meetings, special events and weddings. Marriott's Tampa Airport hotel is near golf courses, Raymond James Stadium, International Plaza, Downtown Tampa and beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marriott Tampa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.