“Sleep in and fly out!!! Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
MD
“Sleep in and fly out!!! Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I needed to stay just for one night I knew I was goin to pay a hefty price which was around 150 but It was worth it to the max!!! The room was very spacious with modern decoration. The bathroom was very nice and sleek very well decorated. The bed was huge and the tv too! Internet was free for a limited time but gettin the airport Internet wasn't hard. The room was quiet with just. A little noise from the train but bearable. The room service was excellent n business center even better just print ur boarding pass and steps away from ur gate!! Very comfortable n stress free environment! Stay here if ur only visiting town for a day or 2 cause it will get lonely if the hotel is used as leisure rather than business or airport layover.

• Stayed January 2013

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have written about this hotel before because I go there every year about this time for a fly in meeting that occurs in Tampa for 3 days in either January or February. Once again I was pleasantly greeted by the hotel staff and was happy with my room. I don't think there is a bad room but then I have not slept in everyone but it sure seems like it. This is a great place to stay in Tampa even if it is right at the airport. It is very quiet. I was not bothered at all by the air traffic. Good bars and restaurants to enjoy and also a pool and exercise facilities. I have no complaints. It is pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: The west side rooms at very sunny but you do have curtains.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Price was too expensive but we factored in location. Stayed twice in one week. Once after very long flight from Narita and the reception was exceptional by loading us up with bottled water and taking us to our room. Nice. Rooms were amazingly quiet considering the airport was a hallway away. You do not have to take their shuttle service. Its quicker to use the walkway.

Oh..the breakfast buffet was incredible says my spouse and he knows food. Enjoy.

• Stayed January 2013
Coral Gables, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have nothing but good comments to make re: the Tampa Airport Marriott, when it comes to their rooms, staff, food, etc. Our assn. holds a House of Delegates there every Jan. and we pack the place. That's a big income for them and we've been going for nearly 20 yrs. 2 weeks ago I checked out and, in my haste to get to my meeting, left my laptop AC adapter. Soon as I unpacked that same day, I realized it and called the hotel. 2 hrs. later, they called me to let me know the housekeeper had found it and it would be mailed to me Monday. I told them it was not urgent and thanked them. The lady then informed me it would be shipped through the in house UPS store and I'd get a call from them for my address and payment info! After several days of not hearing from them, I called, by now it was Thursday. I called the UPS store and they didn't have it, the hotel had never taken it to them. Friday morning I finally confirmed it was still in lost & found and they took it to UPS. I told UPS to send it the cheapest rate as it was not urgent. I got the package that Monday (that's 2nd day, not ground) and the bill was $14. Part of that total was a $3 lost & found fee from Marriott! For that I could've practically bought a new one here. While it's my fault I left the item, this is a petty, no courtesies attitude from a huge hotel chain that our assn. has given big business to for many years. It's not the $ so much as the principle. The message I take away is "we'll take your $ and if you slip up, we'll also charge you for that". Had I not tried to be considerate to the housekeepers and left early, I may have had more time to carefully check the room. Next year, they're gonna see a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door until the last possible minute. I find this to be small ball, the kind of thing you'd expect from a cheap motel that serves cold cereal, bananas and rubber pancakes on styrofoam plates for breakfast. It's poor customer service, really beneath Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel staff and our facilities. We definitely appreciate the opportunity to host you and your association and look forward to continuing the event. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the way your lost and found item was handled. Your feedback will certainly be shared with the appropriate department and would certainly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve on the services we offer.
salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The perfect place to stay if flying early in the morning. Booked my room using their mobile ap;
easy check in; comfortable room; no airport noise; prompt room service and on time wake up service. Airport entrance is literally steps from the front desk; only decision is which gate your flight departs from or where to pick up your boarding pass. Not cheap but certainly less expensive than missing a flight due to traffic, over sleeping, lost cabs, or relatives that have difficulties wakind up early.

Room Tip: standard king room was fine
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel was so convenient to dropping off our rental car, walking through the terminal, and checking into our room for a morning flight out. In the morning, check out was a breeze via the TV in the room, taking the elevator down, and walking to our airline.

The room themselves are very comfortable and up to Marriott standards - pillowtop mattresses and overlooking the runway (kinda fun seeing planes land, but still very quiet in the room). Our bathroom was rather small, though the shower itself was an adequate size.

We were able to use the club lounge, since our room was on the sixth floor. With our schedule it worked out great - crab cakes and vegetables with dip, cookies, coffee, tea or pop, dessert later in the evening was red velvet cake. In the morning (it started at 6:00 a.m.) was breakfast items - eggs, oatmeal, breads to toast, etc. with coffee, tea, and juice.

The hotel does have an outdoor pool, though we didn't get a chance to use it. And it was New Year's Eve, so although CK's is not usually open on Mondays, it was rocking that evening.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I reserved a room at the Tampa Airport Marriott for one-night pre-cruise after a 6:30PM arrival. We picked up our luggage on the first level and took the elevator back to the third level of the terminal. Due to some construction in the airport, we had a little trouble locating the “hallway”, and it’s a long hallway, which leads to the Marriott lobby but once we arrived at the lobby we were promptly greeted and our luggage placed on a bell cart. The receptionist was busy with another guest and after a few minutes the bellman said he could check us in so we wouldn’t have to wait. We were taken to our room via elevator, which only works with a keycard. This made me feel more secure. The bellman showed us to our room and answered all our questions. He was most helpful.
Our room was on the second floor and overlooked the patio of Café Elise which is open for breakfast and lunch. The windows in the rooms do not open. The room was large with a closet, two very comfortable beds, a flat screen t-v above a small chest with drawers and a coffee maker, desk and chair and side chair. There is Wi-Fi available for a fee. Everything was neat and clean. The bathroom, while not large, was clean with plenty of fresh towels and Bath & Body Works toiletries.
We ate a light supper of sandwiches in the Skyye Bar and Lounge. The portions were fair for price paid.
There is a small area next to the check-in with snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Free coffee is available bright and early in the morning in the lobby.
We ordered breakfast from Room Service. It arrived on a rolling drop leaf cart which opened into a small table. This made eating the meal so much nicer than trying to eat while juggling a tray. The food was served hot and tasty and there was plenty of it.
There is a fine dining restaurant at the top of the hotel with magnificent views.
There are two outdoor smoking areas on the lobby level.
When we were ready to leave for the pier, we called Valet Service and ordered a cab. The bellman took our luggage down to the Valet area where a Town Car was parked at the curb. The driver took our luggage and opened the doors. I erred in thinking this was our cab. Taxis charge a flat $25 fee from the airport to the port. This was not a Taxi. He used the meter for the ride. It cost a little over $30 + tip. So if you call for a taxi, before you get in, be sure it’s a taxi.
I think the thing which impressed me most about this hotel was the staff. Everyone gave you a smile and friendly greeting and all questions were promptly answered. Everyone was very helpful and made our stay, though it was short, very, very pleasant. This is a fine hotel and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Tampa Airport? Share your experiences!