“One night stand” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix,AZ
“One night stand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Our travel agent recommended this hotel because we were just flying in and staying the one night before our cruise. It almost couldn't be more convenient....just wheel your luggage from the airport baggage area to the elevator, up one floor and then down the hall to the hotel lobby. The only problem was we arrived after 8 p.m. and most of the dinner places both in the hotel and the terminal were closed or looking like they didn't want any more business that evening. We ate from the limited menu in the lobby bar which wasn't bad except the bar staff was not watching for more business and neglected to wait on some folks who finally got up and left.
The hotel room was newly renovated, high quality, modern looking and comfortable.
The bellhop and the front desk people were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Walk from baggage up escalator and into hotel...if flying in later in the day this is GREAT!..very clean rooms,staff is attentive. The only bad part is the price,but figure in not needing a rental car the first day.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Black Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We have stayed here various times when we have had morning flights out of Tampa. The staff is terrific. Our room wasn't quite right when we checked-in, so a different room was made ready for us while we drank complimentary wine at the bar. The rooms are newly renovated and extremely comfortable. The bellhop was right ontime and took all our luggage and us straight to the airline check-in. This is the only way to travel.

Room Tip: Carrabas in the airport is wonderful for dinner and just a short walk from the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Had an early morning flight out this trip and choose to move from the nearby Renaissance where I had been staying to the Marriott at the Tampa Airport terminal. Overall, a great move! The hallways and my room seem to have been very recently renovated, and it was a nice upgrade from the old Marriott decor. The bathroom had a walk in shower with a rain shower head, which made for a relaxing experience after a very long day at work. And I really enjoy the Marriott upscale bed.

The staff was as attentive as I've experienced anywhere at a base Marriott. Check in and check out were both efficient and friendly. When 6 am rolled around too quickly, it was so handy to just walk across to the tram to the gate.

My only complaint was noise from the outside. Being an airport terminal property, I expected some plane noise. By the time I got there at midnight flights were infrequent, and I got up before the morning rush. So there were not many planes but frankly I didn't notice the few that did take off while I was in the room. But I heard music from somewhere outside nearly all night, and that did surprise and annoy me a bit. I hope they were having fun!

All in all, I'd consider staying here again. The nearby Renaissance is nicer and has much better restaurants within a very short walk. But for an early flight out, I'll be back to the terminal Marriott for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Laguna Niguel, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Our flight was delayed and I called the hotel to say we would be arriving after 1 a.m. and requesting a quiet room. When we arrived (about 1:30 a.m.) again I said we would like a quiet room. (we were using Marriott Reward Points). When we got to the room, it was quite small and only had a shower (I was longing for a bathtub after a very long and exhausting flight). The hotel looked a bit tired. We were awoken at 9 a.m. by construction noise. NO one had told us that the hotel was being renovated and construction began at 9 a.m. We had construction above us and across the hall. When we checked out the person on duty did offer extra Marriott points. However, that is not the point. We just needed a good nights sleep after a very tiresome journey and should have been told the hotel was under construction. We had a very bad breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were pleased to be on our way.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

This Marriott deserves 10 Stars for convenience, friendliness, a Starbucks that opens at 6AM in the lobby, not-outrageously priced room service...However the rooms are being renovated and if you have sinus issues or new-building-material allergies (e.g. new carpeting) then ask for an "old" room.

I walked into my gorgeous new room and within minutes my nose slammed shut, my eyes were watering and my throat was tickling!

Customer service is wonderful as always--I called the front desk and they immediately moved me to an "old" room which was perfect.

Be aware that if you get the unremodeled room you will have a power flush toilet--I mention this because it sounds like you're sleeping in a submarine (like torpedoes leaving the tube) if your neighbors flush during the night!

I can't believe they are renovating so soon--I hope they invest in better beds. I love the Marriotts but Sheratons have them beat in the comfy bed department.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed at the hotel the night before a trip to get some much needed rest before an early morning flight. We arrived late at the hotel, no one to help with luggage, even after requesting, nor were we offered help with luggage on the return. The rooms were ok, desk personnel were professional but lacking the hospitality and service that we expect from a Marriott and an airport property. Hopefully management will correct these problems. Might stay at an offsite property for less money and receive better service next time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Tampa Airport? Share your experiences!