“Average, but certainly worth at least a "four" by TA standards.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Football Special
Ranked #55 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Average, but certainly worth at least a "four" by TA standards.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel is fine for what it is---an airport-convenient location in the Hilton family. The initial greeting by the front desk was warm and courteous. And the bed was very comfortable. The hotel felt dingy, whether that was due to age, wear, or a lack of thorough Polish was not clear during my brief visit.

I appreciated that in the room, personal air control was available. Access to the executive lounge, though, was disappointing as the air conditioner was inoperative that day, and it was stifling hot. No real apologies (or even signage) were offered.
The breakfast in the lounge the next morning revealed eggs that sat too long without attention, coffee makers that were broken, and less than perfectly pleasing other options. On the other hand, the on-site restaurant's lunch was fine---nothing spectacular, but nothing negative.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
I'd like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience. I have addressed your comments with our Executive Lounge was that is not the service typical of our Hilton standards. I do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area to make your stay the best hotel experience possible.
AJ Jabbour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
brockton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

very nice hotel,room accomadations adequate, comfy beds with nice pillows, beautiful pool and spa...staff very friendly and pleasant and go out of their way to accomadate any need you have...free parking and location ideal and accessible to highway ,shopping and restaurants. will definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us. We here at Hilton are very passionate about hospitality, and I am glad you were able to experience this! We hope to see you again soon.
All the best
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

NOTE: Definitely a business hotel. I would recommend for official stays, business stays, and couples. Not so much for large families.

Free Wifi. Free parking. Friendly associates. Room was great. No issues during my stay. Small payment issue about 24 hours after I left, but have had no issues since. I ordered room service 3 times due to my official training taking a lot of time out of my day. All meals were from the dinner menu or late night menu. It was all delicious, especially considering the actual hotel restaurant was not open. I noticed no shortcomings when it came to food or service. Every order was done and delivered to my door in under 10 minutes, and every night was busy. Lots of restaurants around and two large malls within 10 minutes.

I had a few electric and plumbing issues while I was there, which will happen at any hotel. Just so happened to occur during my stay. What was important to me was someone actually came to my door and fixed the issue within 5 minutes every time I called. Most importantly, I had dirty water and what looked to be coal coming through my sink. My sink ended up needing to be replaced. As soon as the plumber noticed, he fixed the sink right away. I was very grateful, and very impressed.

I am going to stay here when I come with my husband for vacation.

Room Tip: Order room service on a lazy day.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
It is so wonderful to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to experience all of our amenities, our great location and our authentic Hilton hospitality. We would love to welcome you and your husband back the next time you are in the area. Safe travels and see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The staff is wonderful. I have never felt so welcomed and so comfortable at a hotel. It was as if i was at home. Everyone was friendly and professional. The cleanliness of the room was immaculate and the air conditioner was at the right temperature for the weather.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and all of your kind words. We here are Hilton are all passionate about hospitality, and I am so glad you were able to experience this. We hope to see you again soon!
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel is situated in a good location for the airport.
Rooms are clean,bed is comfortable, and the reception staff are friendly.
so what's wrong?
Well, I stayed there 4 nights, used the tea bag (singular) and sugar, it was not replenished during my stay, so 1 tea bag and sugar for 4 days.
When the room was cleaned it means the bed was made and towels replaced, but nothing more, not even putting a chair back to place.
The entire atmosphere of the hotel is dated. for a local hotel it may be enough, but you expect a little more from a Hilton.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I'd like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay. I have discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper as to make sure these issues do not occur again. I hope that you will come back again so you can experience our true Hilton hospitality.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here recently. The hotel is in a great location, very near the airport, Raymond James stadium, and a lot of great restaurants. Hotel lobby is very nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the furniture was in good overall condition. The bathroom would be my only complaint, shower curtain rod was ready to fall out of the wall,and some mold in the corners of the shower. The fitness center was very clean with fresh towels and fruit available along with free music headsets. All of the equipment was in good working order. Overall nice hotel, I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our many amenities and fantastic location. I have shared your comments on the shower with my Executive Housekeeper so that we may look into the issue. We would truly love to welcome you back as our guest the next time you are in the area. Thank you again.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a concert based on it's close location close to Steinbrenner Field. Although the hotel is older, the stay was enjoyable. The staff was friendly. The room was clean & comfortable. There are many restaurants within walking distance as well as the International Mall.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Just stopping in to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our close proximity to many great attractions and restaurants. Hope to see you back again in the future!

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!