“Great Location Near Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Football Special
Ranked #55 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Floral Park, New York
“Great Location Near Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night, before an early morning flight out of TPA (a 10 minute shuttle ride away). Our checkin was quick, but there were no luggage carts and I was one adult pulling 5 suitcases and 2 children. I could've really used a luggage cart. We were given room 901, which had a beautiful view of the sunset, and was rather spacious. The two beds in the room were on the small side (felt like Fulls, compared with the Queens we'd been staying in at another hotel the previous 3 nights), which made it slightly uncomfortable sharing the beds. (My husband joined us after returning the rental car down the road.) We ordered soup from room service, which was delivered promptly and with a smile, and was delicious. My biggest complaint was about the loud partyers down the hall. I called the front desk after being woken for the third time and asked them to put a stop to the party spilling out into the hallway. I have to assume they addressed it because I didn't hear it again after my call (at 3am). I would stay here again for another "night before an early flight" situation, but would rather stay by the water when in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have no street noise. Rooms facing northwest (e.g. 901) have great sunse...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize that you did not receive a luggage cart upon check in and if you were inconvenienced by the loud noises of our other guests, and I have passed your comments along to the Front Desk Staff so that this may be addressed. I will also be sure to pass along your kind words to our Room Service Staff. I hope you had a safe departure from Tampa, and we truly look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

AJ Jabbour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

There are reasons Hilton Westshore has a 69% TripAdvisor rating. Multiple incidents upon arrival caused me to reflect upon the old saw about first impressions. Being the Official Schelpper for a truckload of printed conference materials weighing about 300 pounds in 20 plastic tubs, I asked reception to have someone unload and take them to the conference area. Not until departing the conference Saturday afternoon did I learn that reception staff had contacted Carlos at Food & Beverage, perhaps thinking I had refreshments for the writers conference. He arrived with a dainty beverage cart. I sent him and the teacart away, loading on three bellhop carts all the containers. Because I learned reception staff caused the problem, I deleted the poison pen words I wrote that evening. Still, first impressions…

I’ll concentrate my review on Room 1015, on Hilton’s tenth floor for HHonored Guests. More surprises awaited. The bathroom light didn’t function. I pondered soaking my aching back by candlelight, but feared a cold shower by setting off fire sprinklers. I bathed by light from the room and entrance in a bathroom meant for Munchkins, not someone well over six feet. As a writer, I pleasantly phrase it as an “economy of space.” (To demonstrate size, I could capture everything in one photo only by mirror reflection.) The 26x14-foot room, however, is spacious, clean and well-appointed but the antiquated a/c is noisy. Consider this popcorn-ceilinged 12-story hotel only by phoning ahead to specify your particular needs.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms to avoid tropical afternoon sun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am terribly sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay. I have shared your comments about your guest room with our Chief Engineer so that they may be addressed. I do apologize about the miscommunication regarding the carts you needed to bring your materials to the conference room. We spoke about the incident that day and it was my understanding that we were able to resolve the issue. I am very sorry to find out you departed our hotel still upset. I will also address your comments with our Front Desk team. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to the possibility of having you as a guest again in the future.

Ft Lauderdale, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Hotel was about what I expected, and the rate was very good. I was not there very much, but the one thing that impressed me was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Especially the Executive Club help.

Room Tip: I stayed in Executive Club level. Was nice to have breakfast and dessert in a "club" on sa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our Executive Lounge. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our Front Desk team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Suwanee, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for a convention. Can't rate it above a 3 star. I'll start with the cons: Rooms seemed tired. Light above vanity flickered (needed a new ballast). Toilet ran constantly. The towel shelf next to the tub/shower was placed such that when you bent over to turn on the water, you would stand up right into the shelf. Ouch... Lastly being on the second floor of a 14 floor building, I wish the stairs were more accessible. They led only to the outside of the building without easy access back inside.

Pros: Breakfast buffet was above average. The staff was friendly and worked to be accommodating. There were several very good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am very sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay and the inconveniences you experienced. I will address each of your comments with our management team and Chief Engineer. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from Tampa and we look forward to the possibility of seeing you again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Bismarck, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly and very helpful. The lady that works at the bar was amazing!! Everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. Would definately recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed our last night in FL at this hotel by the airport. I thought we had great accommodations for the week until I arrived at the Hilton. Just walking into the room, I realized I could have been extremely happy with all the spacious quarters. Just climbing into the fluffy bedcovers and the comfortable mattress, I knew I was going to sleep well and I didn't even miss the little cottage on the beach. Staying at the Hilton was a great ending to our vaca!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking to time to review your stay with the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were so happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us, and found our accommodations and guest rooms to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Tampa Bay area.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Convenient to the Tampa airport with excellent service. The hotel was quiet, had free parking (what a novelty!), and the buffet breakfast was high quality. Omelets were also available upon request. Staff had great suggestions for dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit, our staff and our property amenities and location. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
AJ Jabbour

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!