“Very comfortable, pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Spring Training
Ranked #68 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Myers, United States
“Very comfortable, pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The front desk staff were helpful, pleasant and accommodating. Unfortunately, I don't remember most of their names. But they held my luggage for me until my room was ready. They put me on the 9th floor, because I requested a high floor, if available. The breakfast staff was very pleasant as well. The room was very clean and comfortable. I even overlooked the pool, per my request. Rich, with room service, was very nice. And the chair/ottoman combo was my favorite place to sit, when not in bed, because it was directly across from the tv and it was very comfortable - I almost fell asleep. The room was a king standard but spacious in size. I recommend this hotel highly for any type of trip you may need. The lobby was especially gorgeous. And the breakfast area was cheerful and pleasant in its decor. :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Lauralee M.,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete such a wonderful review regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We were ecstatic to see that you were pleased with the service that we provided to you at every level and that you enjoyed the comfort of your room. We are looking forward to seeing you again the next time that you are able to make your way up to Tampa!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel overall is nice, however there are a few things people should be aware of.. First the shower in both rooms we had over an extended stay had malfunctioning shower controls resulting in cold to Luke warm showers and at times scolding water to no hot water at all.. Secondly the "continental breakfast" usually free at most hotels was $14 for cold cereal bagels and fruit, you find the IHOP less than a mile away very clean and waitstaff friendly

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Inliner4life,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were so sorry to see that you were not completely satisfied with your experience and apologize for the issues that you had with the water in the shower. I will be sure to speak with my engineering team to ensure that they address your concern. We are also sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast offering and hope that this will not deter you from giving our property another chance in the future. Should you decide to come back and try us again, please feel free to contact me at the hotel if I may be of any assistance. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from Tampa.

Damascus, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great location close to Raymond James Stadium, Steinbrenner Field, restaurants, and shopping. Very nice and attentive staff, very nice showers and comfy beds. My son enjoyed the heated pool. Other than the limited menu at the restaurant/bar and for room service I was very pleased with my stay - although that really shouldn't be a deciding factor because the location is really close to some great restaurants (Kona Grill is right around the corner and was fantastic!),

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Brinalyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our staff, rooms and amenities and I will be sure to share your review with the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you come to town.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great location, great beds and great service. The Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore is conveniently located about 4 miles from the Tampa airport. Hotel parking is free. The hotel is also very close to excellent restaurants and shopping. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and attentive. My room was fresh, contemporary and very clean. The bed, pillows and crisp white linens were outstanding! Very comfortable. Whether conducting business in the area or if you find yourself stuck in Tampa due to flight cancellations, put this Hilton on your list.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear trtzw,

Thank you for writing such a great review regarding your recent stay with us. We were so glad to see that you thoroughly enjoyed the location, comfy beds and excellent service! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 11 days. The staff was very friendly and kind. I left my keys in the room when i left for work and at 3am in the morning when i returned, I was greeted with the same friendly staff. This was my first time at the Hilton and I will be staying again..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jennifer D.,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review regarding our staff here at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore! We pride ourselves in delivering excellent service to all of our guests and I am happy to see that we succeeded in doing that for you during your somewhat lengthy stay! We look forward to seeing you again the next time that your travels bring you to Tampa.

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hotel is in a great location to the interstate and the airport. They have free parking, which is a plus because all the hotels around there area don't have free parking. If you have a rental car there are a lot of cheap gas stations five or six blocks away, do not go to the station two blocks away that starts with an "M" it's a rip off. The hotel rooms are nice, the bar is expensive and the executive lounge is OK. The lounge has free beer and wine, with finger food, but is very basic with bright lights and not much ambiance... I will stay here again when I go back to Tampa..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Captron83,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore! We were glad to see that you were satisfied with our close proximity to the interstate and airport and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge. We are currently working to make a few improvements to the Executive Lounge and we hope that the next time you come to Tampa, you will have a chance to try it out! We look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Let's face it if you were looking for something special in Florida this wouldn't be your first choice. However, it is in a great location for the airport, the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. With the airport so close even the bar was fairly lively

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. I am sorry to see that we do not provide that 'something special' that you mentioned, but I am glad that you still enjoyed our staff and clean/comfortable rooms! Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tampa!

Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!