“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Philadelphia, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 11 days. The staff was very friendly and kind. I left my keys in the room when i left for work and at 3am in the morning when i returned, I was greeted with the same friendly staff. This was my first time at the Hilton and I will be staying again..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Jennifer D.,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review regarding our staff here at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore! We pride ourselves in delivering excellent service to all of our guests and I am happy to see that we succeeded in doing that for you during your somewhat lengthy stay! We look forward to seeing you again the next time that your travels bring you to Tampa.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hotel is in a great location to the interstate and the airport. They have free parking, which is a plus because all the hotels around there area don't have free parking. If you have a rental car there are a lot of cheap gas stations five or six blocks away, do not go to the station two blocks away that starts with an "M" it's a rip off. The hotel rooms are nice, the bar is expensive and the executive lounge is OK. The lounge has free beer and wine, with finger food, but is very basic with bright lights and not much ambiance... I will stay here again when I go back to Tampa..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Captron83,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore! We were glad to see that you were satisfied with our close proximity to the interstate and airport and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge. We are currently working to make a few improvements to the Executive Lounge and we hope that the next time you come to Tampa, you will have a chance to try it out! We look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Let's face it if you were looking for something special in Florida this wouldn't be your first choice. However, it is in a great location for the airport, the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. With the airport so close even the bar was fairly lively

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. I am sorry to see that we do not provide that 'something special' that you mentioned, but I am glad that you still enjoyed our staff and clean/comfortable rooms! Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tampa!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I like so much the staff oh Hilton Tampa Westshore. Every time helping me everything I need. There are some good points: good breakfast, tennis court and a good executive lounge. But there is some points to be improved: showers with pressure problems, old TV in the rooms. The shuttle service is good and can help you to go to the airport or go to Raymond James Stadium to watch the Bucs Game!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Leitao,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write another review for our property! We sincerely appreciate the good review of our breakfast, shuttle service, tennis court and Executive Lounge, and will be sure to pass along your remarks to our team. We are so sorry to hear that you have experienced some issues with the water pressure and will be sure to look further into the matter with our engineering team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler. As a general rule I want a clean, bug free, safe room, with power and hot water. I prefer to not have anyone in my room so rarely have housekeeping in. I was happy to be going to a Hilton property and had good expectations going in. Checked in Tuesday, did not shower until late that evening. It was more like a cool decontamination as it was brisk and severly lacking. Calls to the front desk resulted in offers to change rooms, not prefered as i was already ensconced in the room, offers to send engineerin to my room. I was already in pj's and prefer not to have strangers in my room. For two days it was supoosed to be fixed while with maintenance coming in while I was working. Checked out Friday morning after three days of no hot water. Finally got a call from the grneral manager on Thursday. Played phone tag, never spoke to him. Had called Hilton general customer service after I could not get the front desk to answer repeated calls from my room. Got re directed and disconnected with Hilton custome service. Overall I will be happy to never stay at this property againa and not feeling any love for Hilton overall right now. Lots of hotel chains out there. Will be stating elsewere in the future where possible.

• Stayed January 2014
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear blackfc1,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent experience at our property. On behalf of all of our team, I apologize again for your poor experience with the water in the shower and am sorry that we were unable to resolve the issue. I understand how frustrating this must have been for you, but I hope that beyond the water, you were happy with your room. If you ever decide to give us another chance to WOW you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may ensure that you have a flawless stay. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from the hotel.

Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton over the Christmas holiday and was treated with excellent and superior service. I would definitely recommend this hotel for future stays in the Tampa Bay area. The services ans staff were tremendouse!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Leslie A C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments regarding the level of service that you received from our staff during your recent visit to Tampa. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team! We look forward to having your as our guest again in the future.

Woodstock, GA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the Outback bowl which was held at the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium. It is very convenient to the stadium and hotel will provide shuttle to game (within half mile). We had a pleasant experience during our stay. Executive lounge is nice so if you are gold/diamond its a nice perk. The waitstaff in coconuts restaurant leave a little to be desired, but wouldn't keep me from coming back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Judith R.,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us while you were in town for the Outback Bowl. We were happy to see that you were able to utilize our shuttle to the Stadium drop off point and that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge. We're so sorry that you were not WOWed by our staff in Coconuts, but thank you for your feedback as we will be sure to address your concern with our team. We look forward to seeing you again!

Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!