“TOTALHOSPITALITY!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Buffalo
“TOTALHOSPITALITY!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the essence of hospitality. From the front desk (Kristine)?? To Renae the bartender, housekeeping, and all other staff members!! I am in the hospitality business and when on the road you look for flaws. Honestly non hear.

When I was in the elevator I asked an employee what his job was he was wearing a button that said (WIT) the employee responded "whatever it takes". to make your stay more enjoyable. PERFECT . CONGRATS To THE MANAGEMENT TEAM.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Drew S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a rave review regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Kristi, Renae and the rest of our team. Thank you also for the compliment regarding our Management Team! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Walls are paper thin, you can hear every movement in the hallways and adjoining rooms. Air conditioning unit was extremely noisy waking us up continually throughout the night. Turning the unit off made the room extremely warm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Kent R.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we were sorry to see that you experienced some issues with the noise level in your room. I will be sure to address your concerns with out Engineering team so that they can at least go and work on the A/C unit in your room. Thank you again for letting us know about your concerns. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from the hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had an excellent experience at the Hilton on our recent stay. The stay was extremely helpful, polite, and friendly. I will stay at this facility when in the area again and will highly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to do write such a wonderful review of our staff and property! I will be sure to share your kind words with our team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Oviedo, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel was clean, quiet, inviting, and well situated to local attractions. The beds were excellent as always for Hilton. The concierge and reception were polite and helpful. Service personnel were kind and overall, I felt we definitely received our money's worth.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard Y.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding both the hospitality of our staff and the quality of our property. We were glad to see that you fully enjoyed your time with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Gosport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights after doing a lot of research of the area. We were going to see the Buccaneers play so it fitted the bill for being close to the airport and the Raymond James Stadium. I emailed the hotel prior to travel to find out the arrangements for the shuttle. Received clear instructions within 24 hours so I knew I had to call the hotel. A nice man at an enquires desk lent me a phone so I was able to call without any problems. Shuttle travel time is literally ten minutes max. The reception staff throughout the stay were excellent. We asked for an upper floor away from the elevators which wasn't a problem. The room was nice and spacious however the sink was blocked with something nasty floating around by the plug hole! A quick phone call to reception and it was sorted within ten minutes.The lobby computers were very handy and the use of a printer to print out boarding passes for the flight home was a bonus as was the free wifi. Next season we will be making a return visit and will certainly be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear wafu1975,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to see that you fully enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle to and from the airport as well as our Business Center. I sincerely apologize for whatever it was that was in your sink, but I was glad to see that we were able to quickly resolve the issue for you. I will be sure to review this with my housekeeping staff though, in an effort to prevent this issue from recurring. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to town for a Bucs game!

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton traveler and it hurts to give an "average" rating on a Hilton property.

Pros
- Staff did a great job
- Food in the lounge was above average
- Room was clean (and on same floor as Executive Lounge)

Cons
- Elevators are very small
- Lounge was small (very cramped) wouldn’t fit more than 10 comfortably
- My shower actually turned off by itself, then turned back on after 2 minutes - enough time for me to stand there and think to myself - What is going on? (Absolutely true) I asked front desk what was going on and was told they were having problems.
- Biggest issue is I had to pay for my breakfast. As a Diamond member this is the only hotel i have ever had to pay for breakfast - To their defense I did get 20% off.

Again, the hotel was average possibly a bit above average. I just find it strange they would charge their loyal diamond members for breakfast. Its $10 dollars - come on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scott W.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the compliments that you paid to our staff. I was sorry to see that you experienced a few issues while you were with us, and I hope that you will give us another chance to WOW you in the future. I was also sorry to see that you were unable to enjoy our Complimentary breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, located on our 11th Floor. As you mentioned, for those guests that prefer to have their breakfast in our restaurant as opposed to the Executive Lounge, we do offer a discount for our loyal members. We look forward to seeing you again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A single night stopover prior to onward travel led me to choose this hotel - it was reasoinably priced and close to the airport. Beds were comfortable and I did not hear any airplanes nor noise from other rooms.

A couple of points to note: the hotel runs a shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes, IF you are staying at the hotel. BUT, you have to call for it if you want to go from the airport - they do not provide a shuttle without you calling. This is awkward for visitors just flying in, and unexpected as you see nearly all the other hotel shuttles go by, you expect the Hilton to have one too. My phone did not work for a while after landing, which meant I couldn't have called anyway - so a cab fare was needed. Also, the restaurant (Coconuts) was not open in the evening - the bar was though, and they cook the food from Coconuts kitchens, another puzzling decision.

I would stay again though - its a good choice for a stopover.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear NZSab,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were glad to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and appreciate the feedback you provided. As you mentioned, our shuttle is "on demand" when you arrive at the airport. Should anyone be unable to call us due to a cell phone being unavailable, there are courtesy phones and a service desk available in the baggage claim area so that guests may reach us. As you also mentioned, our restaurant, Coconuts, is not open in the evenings, however the Bay Breeze Lounge is open and offers a full menu from 2pm until midnight. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area!

Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!