“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, fantastic restaurants within 1 mile. Rooms are always clean and service is excellent. Rooms are fairly large. yet the property has a smaller feeling to it which is nice. The bathrooms are definitely on the smaller side, but manageable. All staff members wear a pin that says WIT, which stands for whatever it takes. They have not dissapointed yet.

• Stayed January 2013
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Mike J:

Thank you for your gracious comments about your stay with us, the hotel and our team. W.I.T. is part of our culture and we're thrilled to read that you noticed and that we are delivering on our commitment to you and every guest!

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Tampa and the Hilton!

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife & I had a late arrival into Tampa airport so I booked here in advance. Arriving around midnight, the desk clerk was prompt and friendly. Our room was perfect and when we went to bed, we both slept well. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I always prefer a room away from the elevators. We were on the 10th floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here the night before my cruise and the hotel was nice and is very convenient to the Cruise Port. If you need assistnace with your luggage - this may not be hte hotel for you. when the taxi arrived at the hotel, there was no bellman on duty to assist with luggage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear solotraveler2309:

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in January. I'm truly sorry that no one was available to assist you with your luggage when you arrived. Our bellmen also drive the shutlle vans to the airport which may have happened when you arrived. However, our Front Desk team should have offered to assist you. Your comments have been reviewed with our team so that we can insure we take the proper measures to insure that we have associates available at all times to assist our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We spent a night at this hotel prior to leaving for our cruise. We checked in on Saturday afternoon and the desk clerk was quick and friendly. Our 3rd floor room was modern, clean and nicely appointed. A daily newspaper is available at the front desk for no charge. I arraigned to leave my car parked in their lot for 7 days with no additional charge. I made a copy of my registration and drivers license and presented them to the desk clerk and that was it. Put your name in at the desk to get on one of the free cruise port shuttles and they start boarding at 10am. It is a quick and easy ride. We spent Saturday night at the Hotels sports lounge and had some very good food but very pricey drinks. One girl runs the bar and all the tables and she is great but it is way too much for one person. Everyone was great even though the wait was long. A Makers Mark and water $9.50 beers $5.50. A better choice was the Lee Roy Selmons just down the street at the Marriott. A good breakfast was in the reastaurant at the Hilton. 7 days later when we returned from our cruise my caddy was sitting in the parking lot pretty as could be. I would use this hotel again without any doubt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Deaer ataglance:

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us in early this year. We're happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel, the service provided by our team and the convenience of our park-n-fly/cruise package. Since your visit we have increased our staffing level in the bar/lounge to reduce any wait time for our guests as well as provide a better level of service. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Tampa.

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton near the Tampa International Airport on a park and fly. convenient location to the airport however, the shuttle service was not available at 4:30am for my early flight so I ended up having to take a taxi. Worse however was no shuttle to get my car after I flew back to Tampa. The hotel never let me know how To get the back to their hotel. They never showed. I had to pay a taxi $15 to go just a few miles. When I complained to the front desk about this, they said sorry.. No one offered to compensate me for the taxi. This cost me more then if I had just parked. Would not stay there again

Room Tip: Did not use spa or breakfast clicked in error
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose this hotel primary because it was inexpensive and provided free transportation from the airport. We had also read some reviews here that transportation to the port was included as well.
Pick up from the airport was relatively painless. Make sure you have the hotel phone number readily available as they won't even send a driver until you have your bags. Check in was very painless and we were satisfied with the room. It certainly isn't 5 star but it is appropriate for the price.
There are a number of good restaurants nearby and the hotel offers a free courtesy shuttle to the local shopping plazas. We ended up hitting Target for some sodas to take on board the cruise ship.
At check in we signed up for a time to be taken to the port. A shuttle leaves every 20 minutes. By the time we arrived at the hotel the next available shuttle wasn't until 1pm. While it was later than we had planned, it actually worked out very well as we had time to get a nice breakfast.
The courtesy drivers were very polite and actually quite entertaining.

Bottom line, if you need a inexpensive place to stay before your cruise the Tampa Westshore Hilton is a great options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tim E:

Thank you for your review of your pre-cruise stay with us. We're glad that you enjoyed our location, the shuttle service to surrounding stores and to the port as well as your pre-cruise brreakfast. We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed two nights and I was extremely pleased with the hotel. This was the second time I stayed at this Hilton and my third visit to it, having attended a conference here, as well. It was very quiet, clean, and as friendly as a hotel can be. The heated outdoor pool was a big surprise and welcome, considering that I was there in January, which can be a little chilly. The Jacuzzi was broken, which was disappointing, but the heated pool made up for it, somewhat. I do agree that a continental breakfast would go a long way toward making it a better value. The only "free" food I found were apples in the fitness center (I'm not counting jelly beans at the front desk as food). I got a fairly good rate from Expedia. Even so, it would have been too expensive for me if I had not been on business. But it's a Hilton, not a cheap brand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!