“Park &Fly?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Park &Fly?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton near the Tampa International Airport on a park and fly. convenient location to the airport however, the shuttle service was not available at 4:30am for my early flight so I ended up having to take a taxi. Worse however was no shuttle to get my car after I flew back to Tampa. The hotel never let me know how To get the back to their hotel. They never showed. I had to pay a taxi $15 to go just a few miles. When I complained to the front desk about this, they said sorry.. No one offered to compensate me for the taxi. This cost me more then if I had just parked. Would not stay there again

Room Tip: Did not use spa or breakfast clicked in error
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
South Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose this hotel primary because it was inexpensive and provided free transportation from the airport. We had also read some reviews here that transportation to the port was included as well.
Pick up from the airport was relatively painless. Make sure you have the hotel phone number readily available as they won't even send a driver until you have your bags. Check in was very painless and we were satisfied with the room. It certainly isn't 5 star but it is appropriate for the price.
There are a number of good restaurants nearby and the hotel offers a free courtesy shuttle to the local shopping plazas. We ended up hitting Target for some sodas to take on board the cruise ship.
At check in we signed up for a time to be taken to the port. A shuttle leaves every 20 minutes. By the time we arrived at the hotel the next available shuttle wasn't until 1pm. While it was later than we had planned, it actually worked out very well as we had time to get a nice breakfast.
The courtesy drivers were very polite and actually quite entertaining.

Bottom line, if you need a inexpensive place to stay before your cruise the Tampa Westshore Hilton is a great options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Tim E:

Thank you for your review of your pre-cruise stay with us. We're glad that you enjoyed our location, the shuttle service to surrounding stores and to the port as well as your pre-cruise brreakfast. We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed two nights and I was extremely pleased with the hotel. This was the second time I stayed at this Hilton and my third visit to it, having attended a conference here, as well. It was very quiet, clean, and as friendly as a hotel can be. The heated outdoor pool was a big surprise and welcome, considering that I was there in January, which can be a little chilly. The Jacuzzi was broken, which was disappointing, but the heated pool made up for it, somewhat. I do agree that a continental breakfast would go a long way toward making it a better value. The only "free" food I found were apples in the fitness center (I'm not counting jelly beans at the front desk as food). I got a fairly good rate from Expedia. Even so, it would have been too expensive for me if I had not been on business. But it's a Hilton, not a cheap brand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the 2013 Outback Bowl. The hotel was nice and the staff friendly. My only problem was that I had requested all feathers and down be removed from my room prior to arrival. I have severe allergies and this is important. I even called down prior to leaving to remind them. When we arrived I asked again and they said there was nothing in my file about that and that they would remove everything immediately. When I arrived in my room they had removed the pillows but after waking with a severe headache, I found the comforter, which was encased in sheets was a down comforter. Otherwise, the hotel was fine.

Their lounge was great. Renee was so friendly and made everyone feel welcomed.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Ms. Sullivan:

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us for the Outback Bowl. Thank you for your gracious comoments regarding are staff and Renae. I have shared your comments with them and they are pleased that they were able to make you feel welcomed. We also appreciate your feedback on how we mishandled your request for no feather products in your guestroom. We have reviewed this with both our Housekeeping and Front Desk team as this is a very important health request that shouldn't have been missed. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this oversight on our part.

We hope that when your travels bring you to Tampa again, that we will have the pleasure of you staying with us. If I can assist you with your reservation needs, please don't hesitate to let me know.

the Carolinas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here on night for our flight at TPA the next morning. True it's clean, but "tired" is the best description for this hotel. The building is old and musty. Its clear the rooms themselves have been renovated probably in the last few years but everything else, halls, elevators, lobby are old and musty. Go to a new doubletree or something

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ACarolinaGirl26:

Thank you for staying at our hotel while you were in Tampa. I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectations in the quality of our physical hotel. We do appreciate your feedback as reviews provide insight and and assist us as we are constantly evaluating how we can improve the hotel experience for our guests.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

A hotel charging these prices that doesn't offer a breakfast or a continental breakfast strikes me as completely out of touch and not inclined to compete. I walked a good distance from the hotel and could find only one restaurant (not one that interested me) so you are pretty much limited to the hotel restaurant. The food was decent but no bargain. I felt sorry for the waiter since I was the only customer the entire time I sat there. I doubt that I would stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jim S.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us. We are constantly re-evaluating what we offer to our guests and our pricing, so your sugggestion is welcome. For guests who are interested in having breakfast included in their rate, we do offer Bed and Beakfast packages as well as breakfast when residing on our Executive Floors. Although we have many restaurants in the immediate area of the hotel, there are only a couple that are open for breakfast.

If traveling to the Tampa area again, we would greatly appreciate a future opportunity to demonstrate a level of performance more reflective of the Hilton name.

Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were located roughly half way between my two daughters, so that worked out well. The room was extremely comfortable, and well appointed. Staff were very friendly, we used the shuttle to go to and from The Cigar City Brewery, recommended if you plan on doing any serious drinking. Rich the driver was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Stewart W:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team was thrilled when they read it, especially Rich. Feedback from our guests is a very important part of our on-going training and gives us a "reading" of our efforts to provide excellent customer service.

We look forward to having you return for another stay with us and a visit to the Cigar City Brewery.

SIncerely,
Marcia Dmochowski

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!