“OK, but expected more for a Hilton” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Football Special
Ranked #43 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Montreal, Canada
“OK, but expected more for a Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed for a conference. Hotel was fine, but I expected more for in the way of the bar and restaurant. Both were quite small . Rooms were clean and housekeeping efficient. Staff were great. They sent my packages up without asking. A car is recommended as restaurants are not too close.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Rex H:

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you were disappointed in the size of our restaurant and bar but happy that you found our staff provided great service to you. Our shuttle service does provide complimentary transportation to the restaurants within a 3 mile radius of the hotel which include Capital Grille, Fleming's Steakhouse, Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, Lee Roy Selmon's, Blue Martini, Cheesecake Factory, Ocean Prime, Brio and many more. So this option may save the added expense of a rental car if you don't need to venture outside of the 3 mile radius.

We hope to have you stay with us again should you return to the Tampa area.

Marcia Dmochowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Being an "Airport Hotel" I thought this hotel would have frequent shuttle service. It didn't in my case. I had to rent a taxi to get me to the hotel. Then when I needed to go to a nearby business the hotel said it was against their policy to drive over 5 miles. I must have needed to go 5.1 miles. There was not a doorman or concierge to help me get a taxi. It took 30 minutes for my taxi to arrive and I was late for my meeting. All I ask for is a decent night stay and transportation options if staying near the hotel. Everything else about this hotel was uneventful and uninspiring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Business_Travelor:

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the miscommunication of what our shuttle service provides. Our shuttle departs every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour for the airport (5:00AM to 1:30AM) businesses/restaurants, etc within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. I have reviewed with our hotel team the accurate hotel shuttle information so that they don't misinform any of our guests in the future. Thank you for your feedback and again, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with our shuttle service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed as it was next to the airport, pickup was non existent from the hotel after two phone calls, taxi ride was refunded and was made up for by the hotel. Executive room was large and clean as usual, the executive lounge was small compared to others but had all you needed. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Captainatkinson:

Thank you for your comments. I'm terribly sorry about the misunderstanding regarding our shuttle service from the airport but I'm glad that we were able to assist in making it right. I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Tampa area.

Little Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I travel to Hilton's frequently all over the USA.
This particular hotel was not my favorite although it would not prevent me from staying again.
I would suggest closer attention to room details by management.
The hotel has very friendly staff who are accommodating and the Calamari at the lobby bar was excellent.
Overall it is a good hotel for it's price although I will be more precise about my room choice on my next visit.

Room Tip: I would select a higher room if possible as outside noise can be an issue. I had a end corridor roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Neil v:

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed the calamari and that you feel our hotel team is friendly. Guest feedback is very important to us as we continuously stsrive tio improve our service levels. So I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me at your convenience to share a litlle bit more with me on our attention to detail in your guestroom.

We welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Everett, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice place. Clean room and good shower. Breakfast good but poorly laid out. Internet was free as it should be. Free shuttle to huge mall or any place in 3 mile circle. Nice Must add more details! Good bar friendly bartender. Stella on tap. Good panni cuban sandwich

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary M:

Thank you for your review. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the HIlton Tampa AIrport Westshore! We just implemented a new menu at the beginning of November and the pannini Cuban is one of our new items. Our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage team are so pleased with your feedback on the sandwich, Stella and the quality of service from our bartender. They will also look at how we can improve the lfow of our breakfast buffet as you have indicated.

We look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, excellent service, very friendly staff, nice room service menu, perfect location, price right for the amenities.

Free parking, excellent breakfast buffet, I recommend the Business Floor rooms (12)

100% recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear JimmyMPR:

What a wonderful review! Thank you for your gracious comments. Our Hilton Tampa Westshore team will be thrilled to read them as it is very gratifying to know that our efforts towards providing excellent guest service are generating positive results.

We look forward to having you return to Tampa and to the HIlton.

Marcia Dmochowski,
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

New job training has put in Tampa for 11 weeks (off and on) and my home away from home has become this Hilton. It doesn't have the amenities of other 5-star spots I've stayed at, but this Hilton meets all the criteria: clean, comfy rooms and very good customer service. Everyone at the front desk is always going out of their way to satisfy requests. The shuttle drivers Mike, Mike, and Rich are always helpful getting around and can offer some comps at certain restaurants. The concierge level is small but effective for a quick bite and Ben pours a stiff drink with a big smile. I love being home, but this Hilton is making it easy to be away for a while.

Room Tip: Anything numbered over 12 will be farther away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Filonia,

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Housekeeping team was thrilled that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness in your guestroom. We've also reviewed your review with our Front Desk team so that they can improve on their consistency of service delivery to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the Tampa area. If I may assist you with your reservation needs, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Marcia Dmochowski

Been to Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!