“A peaceful gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Huntsville, Texas
“A peaceful gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Thank goodness for trip advisor! My husband had to come to Tampa for a conference so I came with him. I wanted a place with a view and I got it! Each room at Sailport looks out at the water! It's so pretty! There is nothing fancy about this hotel. Housekeeping doesn't even clean your room everyday but for me that was a plus because I was working in the room. They do come by everyday and offer fresh towels and anything else you might need and they clean your room and bed linens once during your stay which I think is perfect. It's clean and quiet and I felt safe. There is even a security guard on site. It is not far from the Courtney Campbell parkway which has a great running/ biking trail that I took advantage of one day. There is a small beach with volleyball, a small outdoor fitness center and a refreshing pool! They have free WiFi which I took advantage of every day and each suite has a kitchen which is so nice because I did not have a car and spent most of my time working in the room so I had everything I needed there since we had picked up some things at the grocery store. They are close to the airport and not too far from Clearwater beach but there is a nice public beach right around the corner. It had everything we needed at a great price! What a great find!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Great review...Thank you so much! We strongly value and welcome our guests feedback. We are glad that you were able to utilize our guests comments to make your decision to stay with us! We hope that you we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and that you will be able to enjoy our views and amenities that we provide!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Sunrise, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was a very nice place for the money It could use some more skittles Was A very nice view of the bay I will stay here on my next trip to Tampa It is very good bang for your buck Was close to the attractions and the downtown area and the baseball and football stadiums are close by

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. With our central location, it is just a short drive to any of those locations. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The staff was very helpful and courteous. The view from the rooms is awesome no matter which part of the bay you are looking at. The grounds are well maintained and the setting is peaceful and tranquil. It has a non-swimmable beach but great for sunbathing. The pool is well maintained, a nice size and towels are provided in the pool house. My only complaint is that the pool closed too early (10pm). It would be great if at least on Friday & Sat the pool would stay open til midnight.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool tend to be a little louder, but have an awesome view of the Sunset.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. Great pictures as well! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind words and suggestion on to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

From the moment I arrived I felt as if I were at home away from home. There was no long check in process. The room was immaculate and cool. I was in a one bedroom on the second floor and if I had my choice I would have never left. It was cozy and quiet. The one bedroom was perfect for me and my guest. A short walk to the water where I could put my feet in the sand. There was a deck for watching the sunset every night. It was romantic and fun. The furniture was functional and modern. The kitchen was for me a perfect layout. I would definitely return and even consider purchasing one of these units.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor near the lobby and it was quiet. Although we could not see the suns...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities and that you have chosen the Sailport as your home away from home! We would love to welcome you back as a repeat guest soon.
Hahira, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

From the time we arrived at Sailport Waterfront Suites, until the time we left, it was awesome. The view was nice, the suites were gorgeous. We had a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The price was very good. My husband and I never left the suite. We fished right off the pier and caught trout. The beach was beautiful. We will stay here every time we visit Tampa!!

Room Tip: This hotel is directly on the water about 5 minutes from the hotel. We had an awesome view of the wa...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Congratulations! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad that we were able to make your trip for your special occasion one to remember. We can't wait to welcome you back to Sailport!
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Lovely space.We only booked for 1 night as passing through wished we could have stayed a couple of nights.would recommend thoroughly. Staff at the desk were pleasant and helpful.The kitchen was clean and fully functional

• Stayed August 2014
We would love to be able to welcome you back in the future should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area. We appreciate your review and rating. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!
Cedar Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great airport stop, will visit here again. Great service and on time pick -up for our situation. Rooms were great. We didn't have any hand soap or shampoo in the room but we
were gone when they were supposed to deliver it. They knocked on our door and since we were gone they never delivered it. Our balcony looked over the water and our parking was safe and secure for 5 days.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for the great review and rating. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Sailport fit your needs for your stay. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!