“So close to being something really special.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“So close to being something really special.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The location can't be beat - water views everywhere, easy to get to other parts of town, lots of restaurants close by. The security guards and desk clerk were very helpful and the grounds were really nice. I loved the sunset patio and the little beach. The reason I say it's so close to being something really special is the room itself. It was a juxtaposition of finishes - granite countertops but 80's venetian blinds on the windows, nice cabinetry but rusting bathroom lights, crown moulding throughout but only one piece of artwork in the entire 2-bedroom suite, everything so clean except the windows (with sad curtains), which were smudged so much you couldn't really look through them. The furniture needs updating too but the beds were comfortable. The door on the trash room could use a spring closure - maintenance kept slamming the door, which makes it hard to sleep in. I gave up by 8:30 am. I understand each room is individually owned so I might stay here again but try a different room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the door. I will discuss this with our maintenance team to try to remedy that issue. We have also updated 95% of our rooms and are working on the remaining few. We would love to have you back as a return guest. Call the hotel directly and we can make sure to get you into one of our renovated suites!

949 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Waking up to that great bay view every morning was amazing. The location is optimal. Close to downtown, Clearwater, and St. Pete beach. Extremely friendly staff! Overall great place to stay! Sailport is now our go to place to stay when we visit the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed June 2014
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for the great review. We are so glad that you have chosen Sailport as your new home away from home! We hope to see you back soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed for a week in June!! All the outside amenities was nice, the beach was cute but you can't swim there. The pool was nice my kids enjoyed it!! The elevator is so slow so we had to carry all our luggage and groceries up the stairs!! Inside the bedroom TV never worked even after maintenance came. I do housekeeping and the cleanliness left a lot to be desired! There is a bar in the kitchen with no stools only a small hotel table with 2 chairs was hard for 4 people to try and eat!! I also have an issue with staff looking in the windows at me when in my room!! Room was very noisy and it was hard to sleep especially since my tv didn't work to drown out the noise!! The patio is nice to sit out on at night with a nice view of the water. Sailport is close to everything so that was a plus!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I will definitely get with my maintenance team to find address these issues along with our housekeeping department. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy the amenities that Sailport has to offer and we do hope that you will give us another try in the future and allow us the opportunity to show you how wonderful Sailport is!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I don't understand any of the negative reviews, especially about mildew smells! There were NONE! And I am HIGHLY allergic! I had a one bedroom condo and my friends had a 2 bedroom and NEITHER of them smelled. I love the fact that every room has a view....so beautiful! I liked the fact that they had an attendant for anyone who came on the property...very nice man.
The pool was nice...the beach area was even better with the evening breeze....
My only complaint was the slow elevator. But overall, GREAT STAY and I will be back.

Also, very nice location....easy trip to the beach as the causeway is right there at the red light.

But overall, GREAT STAY and I will be back.

Room Tip: Level 3 was where we stayed. It was quiet and just so nice! LOVED IT!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that Sailport has to offer! We appreciate your business and we hope to be able to welcome you back as a repeat guests in the future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

It is my sincere pleasure to provide this review for my first stay so far at Sailport Resort. I accompanied a delegation of 18 military officers for a very important bi-lateral conference at USCENTCOM. The dates of our stay was 11-17 May during a time when every other hotel in Tampa was sold out due to other conventions in town. The only place that could accommodate all of us in one location was the Sailport Resort. This foreign delegation is used to staying at 5-star hotels that spare no expense. At first, the delegation was going to cancel the visit because all the 5-star hotels were all sold out. However, I convinced them to give it a try. Frankly, nothing can beat the sheer beauty of the location with water on most sides of the resort. You did not have anything to do with that. However, the staff was absolutely astounding in every regard. One employee went out of his way to set up a dinner event hosted by the foreign delegation. He worked diligently to ensure this event was a resounding success. His tenacity was incredible. Further, the professional and courteous behavior of the entire staff directly impacted the overall success of the conference. Without a doubt, the Sailport impressed me! I will stay here the next time I visit Tampa!

Room Tip: Request a beach view room on the third or fourth floor. Beauty at its best!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
What an amazing review, thank you so much. It was such a pleasure having the opportunity to host your group. We are glad to heat that everyone enjoyed their stay. I will be sure to pass this on to our entire team and we hope if the opportunity arises, that we will be to host this group again!
Elmer, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were in Tampa for 30 days while my husband had surgery. The room was clean and comfortable. We saw beautiful views throughout the property. The full kitchen made it easy for me to stay in and take care of my husband as he recovered. Even the drivers for the shuttle were friendly and treated us like family. I have never experienced such concern and care from a hotel. Where else would a hotel employee call to check on you at the hospital? The staff would call and come by regularly to check on us. It was wonderful to come "home" and find get well cards and ice cream in the freezer after a long day of surgery and appointments. We will miss Jerry, Mr. Harry, Mike and Gregg (drivers) and everyone else who helped make our stay so wonderful. The Sailport is the only place we will stay when we return next summer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so glad that we were able to help you feel like home during your stay for you husbands surgery. We know that when someone is hear for surgery, it can be stressful. We try to go the extra mile to make sure our guests as comfortable as can be. We do hope that you are able to return Sailport, only this time for a vacation! Again, thank you for the review, and nice pictures as well!
Faith, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice suite with room. The area was very nice, really liked the location. We went to Busch gardens and Clearwater beach- this place happens to set right between the two. Only drawback was the rooms were not very sound proof to the next or above room or outside. We were near an elevator that have a lot of traffic and that could get noisy. Also the above room had small kids that liked to run the length of the room- again very noisy. Getting out to a restaurant was a bit of a drag, but I knew that going in. Not a bad price for the room, I would likely stay there again if I where in Tampa.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room not near an elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize for any noise issues that you encountered during your stay. We take noise complaints very serious and address the issue right away. We are however glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have back the next time that you are in the Tampa area!

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!