“Sailport Great Way to See Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Sydney, Australia
“Sailport Great Way to See Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel is great value, the rooms are clean with excellent views of the bay and the Gulf beyond, and the staff - from the managers and desk staff to the cleaning staff are all very helpful and friendly. Great value, great location and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the end nearest the Gulf - all have good views but this end is best
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Your feedback is much appreciated! We strive to provide the best possible; service on a daily basis and it is great to hear that we succeeded. Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Im there right now, my view is great, my suite is well equiped, and very clean. The staff has been so helpful, especially Kayte and Arlene. Overall a wonderful weekend. Read some recent reviews and I think some ppl need to get a grip. You dont get the ritz carlton on the bay with a view for 130 a night. I think this place is alot of bang for the buck.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
You are awesome! We truly appreciate you taking the time during your stay to write a review and we hope that you continue to spread the good word about Sailport. Thank you!
Atlantic, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

If you like run down furniture, dirty rooms and no WIFI, this is your place. Security questionable. Staff is friendly but can not help. All they can offer are excuses. The elevators are very slow and there are not enough of them to accommodate the number of people. I requested a different room after the first one was unacceptable but it was no better.
the view is very good but i will never return.

Stayed February 2014
It is disappointing to hear that you were totally dissatisfied with our accommodations. We will address each issue to improve our service and product as a whole. Thank you!
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The pull out in the room was broken and unuseable. So family with 2 teens and 2 adults had the use of ONE queen bed. An other special moment was when the large roach ran out of the broken sofa bed. When I called the desk she told me its "only a palmetto bug" They are common in Florida. Yes I live here, but they are not common in my house! All the rooms are different some are updated some look like 1970's florida, with old dirty carpet. The rooms open to exterior corridors, and the master bedroom only has one window that opens into a hallway. So when the maids roll the carts out at 8am they are right outside your window. The outside pool/firepit, grilling area is pretty and the view( not all rooms have one) is great. BUT note they shut that down at 10pm on weekends. This place should NOT sell rooms with broken beds to a family of 4. They shouldn't argue about bugs. They are owned by a hotel chain but act like a campground in terms of service. I will stick with the big chains were they actually care if the guest is happy or not.

Room Tip: ask for an updated room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I am sincerely apologetic that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We are undergoing renovations to replace furnishings and flooring in all of our rooms. We are approximately 80% complete and should be finalized by mid-March. I will make sure to address all of the issues that you brought to the table to make sure that we remedy these for the future. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We came to Tampa, FL., as patients of the Laser Spine Institute. We had excellent accommodation with Sailport Waterfront Suites. Sailport provided our transportation daily to the Laster Spine Institute and back again. We would highly recommend Sailport Waterfront Suites..

Room Tip: If you are a Laser Spine Institute Patient, the second floor is a great convenience.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Your positive feedback is extremely valuable to our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know what Sailport has to offer. We love our LSI guests and we look forward to your return. Thank you!
Weare, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel has and excellent location right on Tampa Bay. We enjoyed the sunset. The hotel is also very close to the airport which made it very easy for us.

I would recommend this hotel to friends visiting the Tampa area

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for a great review! We truly appreciate our guests who go out of their way to provide feedback and we cannot thank you enough. We hope you have the chance to come back and see us again real soon.
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was not only inconvenient for families since the only rooms available for the tournament families were rooms with a full size bed and a fold out couch. I have a family of 4 with a 3 year old. A full size bed for 2 parents to sleep on was extremely uncomfortable especial for $125.00 a night. If I wanted to upgrade to a 2 double bed suite there was non available until Saturday and I had to pay more money. We ended up booking the upgraded room for Saturday and Sunday because it was available. When my family and I arrived to the hotel it was late in the evening on Friday. I expressed to Mike Viola who was the reservationist at the hotel in charge of our group to make sure the fold out couch was made. He expressed to me that this would be done.

We arrive and now the nightmare begins. We show up to be greeted by security guards that had a hotel guest list for them to let us into the parking lot. I found that to be alarming and never in 38 years did I ever have to be cleared by security to check into a hotel. Then we parked to bring all bags to the second floor to check in, which was inconvenient when you have a little one and no bellhop to help. Once checked in we go to our room to find the couch not made. I call down to front desk to send maid service and she informs me that maid service only comes every 3 days. This is also when she expressed that she was the only one at the front desk and that I would have to come down to get blankets, sheets, and pillows and make the bed myself. During the night it was in the low 50's and our room along with another family in our group had no heat. Our bathroom had pubic hairs on the floor and mold( picture 1 attached). Saturday morning comes and we go to take a shower to find out that we have no hot water. This was at 9am when I called front desk they told me they would send maintenance to come to fix the problem. ( picture 2 attached) He didn't come until 10:30 mind you that I had to check out by 11 and they said they could not give us late check out because they were booked solid. Also they were unable to check me into the upgraded room until 3pm because of the maid service. So basically we were unable to shower like normal humans and that is when we packed our belongings to check out.

Once at the front desk to check out we were told that we would lose our money for the other nights. This is when I informed then I would dispute the charges and showed then the pictures I attached in this email. The manager said they would credit me for Saturday and Sunday but would not for fridays stay. My family and I had NO HEAT, HOT WATER, A DIRTY ROOM AND A UNMADE BED, I do not feel I should have to pay for the room at all and will dispute the fridays charge with my credit card company. Other families from our group also experience the no hot water, no heat, unsanitary conditions, a mold smelling room and a cockroach in a sofa bed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I want to apologize for the many issues that you experienced during your stay. I would also like to take the time to provide some insight as to some of these issues as well. First of all, we are a condo based hotel in which individuals own most of the units as investment properties while some actually live on site. With this in mind we have an association that oversees a great deal of aspects and one of those is the security. We offer our guests round the clock security which provides a safe and reliable environment that the majority of our guests see as a peace of mind.

As for the room types that the hockey team received, I would like to let you know that all of the room types were communicated to the agency in which the reservations were booked through. We actually went out of our way to make sure that all team leaders were presented with this information and some of them at that time asked to know what the charge would be to upgrade to our two bedroom suites. We were able to accommodate some but not all. I apologize that this information that was communicated to you, but this seems to be the norm now that all of the agencies have taken over the bookings for all amateur sporting events so that they can receive commissions and rebates. That is also why the cost of the room was $125 because $30 of that was a rebate for the agency. Years ago it was much better when the individual teams could book their own rooms as we never ran into issues such as these.

I will not make any excuses for any of the cleanliness issues you experienced and we have already taken actions to prevent this happening in the future. This is not how we do business on a regular basis and we will make sure that issues such as these are rectified. Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!