“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Ohio
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at the Sailport Waterfront Suites for a couple of nights. The front staff and shuttle drivers were very nice. We did not have a car while we were there so we utilized the shuttle to take us to local restaurants. The rooms were clean but very basic. If you are looking for a plush hotel this isn't it but it is very nice. The view was great of the bay. The pool area and all other areas were kept very clean. The beach area is very small but was not overcrowded when we went but with only a few chairs I bet it is hard to get a chair during a busy time. There is a little shop at the hotel to get snacks and so forth but there are no prices listed. Since we had went to the local "market" to get things to have in our condo to snack on and have for breakfast, we were a bit gun shy of buying anything from the little shop because the prices at the "market" were outrageous. The market is actually a very very small convenience store and seems to be the only one around. We went to the Sailport to relax and we were able to do plenty of it and really enjoyed our stay. You won't be able to enter the water at the hotel because of the rocks but there is a beach really close that has shark nets to keep the sharks away. There is a nice fire pit area, grills, and a small fishing pier. The area is set up so you can have a great view of the sunset.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I selected this hotel for my group prior to embarking upon our cruise. This is definitely a diamond in the rough. Fantastic location on Tampa Bay with gorgeous sunsets. The hotel is a little dated, but the rooms are clean, the staff is exceptional and the price is right! While there is no restaurant on site, the hotel is surrounded by great restaurants and bars located on the water. I booked 18 room nights for a total of 35 guests and the hotel took exceptional care of my group. Nick Molinaro works in group sales and he was instrumental in making sure the detail we discussed were taken care of. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone looking for good value at a great location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is horrible, the worst rooms I have ever seen in my life, beds are old, stinky smell, rooms are dirty, no safy-box in the room. Got a red rash and bump after one night sleep, not sure whether caused by allergy or bed bug. Ask front desk to do the room service, they said Ok. However, after one day trip when we were back to the room. We found the room still kept same as we left. The front desk said they forget and refuse to do the room service at that time. The manage did not care about our complain, she just ignored our request. Never ever go to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you again for your review. As mentioned in the prior three (3) responds regarding your concerns please contact me directly so we can discuss your rash. We have very educated guests who will not believe in your malicious, ficticious postings. As you can read over and over again we have very happy customers who absolutely love our product and service. I would be more than happy to discuss all your concerns but it is very hard on an open forum. I have tried to gather your contact information to contact you but all information is missing and numbers disconnected. Please contact the hotel to discuss
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed last month for a business meeting and the hotel was absolutely wonderful! The suites were very clean and up to date. Hotel staff greeted me every time they saw me. Greg was great with information about everything in the area!! Will be back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Two of our friends got allergy to the sheet, and asked the front desk to clean it.
However, they didn't solve the problem at all for two days.

Most importantly, the manage is rude and irresponsible.
1) She refused our request of recording the conversation.
2) She didn't even ask or check the situation of the patients,
instead, she kept saying there is nothing they can do about it.
3) She was passing the buck. "There is nothing we can do here. If you have any problem, feel free to contact Expedia (where we booked the room from)". That's just what she kept mentioning to us.

Oh, another thing, we found chocolate cream on the surface of furniture. And the cafe maker is also dirty.

You'd better have a second thought before booking a room with them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to start by thanking you for your business as I am very confused to your posting.as well as your two other postings pertaining to the same issues. It is very typical and has become a standard that hotels change linens every third day. Upon arrival our housekeeping services were explained and were signed by the registered guest on the registration card. We are recognized by the State of Florida as a participant in the Florida Green Lodging Program ( The Florida Green Lodging Program is a voluntary initiative of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) that designates and recognizes lodging facilities that make a commitment to conserve and protect Florida’s natural resources. The program’s environmental guidelines allow the hospitality industry to evaluate its operations, set goals and take specific actions to continuously improve environmental performance). It is also important to know that posting pictures of a medical condition and blaming it on the hotel is confusing. We pride ourselves with providing the best quality and service possible and our staff works very hard every day to accomplish those exact goals. I have gone back and read 2 years worth of postings and I could not find one guest that said they received a rash due to us following the Green Lodging Program or any other reason what so ever. I educated myself on the thousands of ways you can receive a rash. Is it possible you had a reaction to the beach sand ? Rashes can take up to 4 days to surface as expained in the medical dictionary. I am going on like this because your uneducated and postings can be damaging not only to our hotel but can effect the many employees that work here.Sailport is proud to be the host of approximately 50,000 guests a year and we take every guest comment seriously. We are constanly trying to become the best we can be. Had you posted pictures of an actual hotel related concern I would be more than happy to do everything in my power to assure your satisfaction. Please contact me directly so we can try to find out the true reason for your posting and the medical condition that caused your rash. Please provide me with any proof that your rash was caused during your short stay at our hotel and I will be more than happy to refund you and pay all your medical costs Thank you for your business and I look forward to your call
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed for two nights at a suite here. After the first night, I got allergy reaction for both of my forearms, which were the only parts that my pajama didn't cover. (Please check the attached photos), We reported this issue to the front desk in the morning, and asked only for replacing the sheet to another set, better washed with organic or any other detergent.

We came back that night around 10 PM and found there was no room cleaning at all and nothing was done for the bed causing my allergy. After one full day visiting in Tampa, we were all exhausted but still had to go back to the front desk to talk with them about this situation that never should have happened. The front desk kept saying that the only thing they could do was to bring us another set of sheet, washed with exact the same detergent which probably was the reason for my allergy. Then with the morning report on their file saying that it was the king bed which needed a new sheet, they still brought us a queen size sheet. I spent like 30 minutes to make the bed and turned out the mat cover didn't fit at all.

The second morning, my another friend got allergic reaction on her forearms as well. With 11 hours driving ahead, we still have to wait there to 10 AM to talk with their manager. The manager was rude and helpless. She said there was nothing they can do. The only compensation they can offer was snack or bottle water from the tiny little gift shop close to the front desk. She also said that "If you needed compensation, go talk with Expedia".

Here is our suggestion: never ever book this suite. If you like to have rooms without cleaning for three consecutive days, or allergy, or rudeness, then go ahead.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here 1 night after landing at airport in Oct. 2012 Was very please with location as it was close to airport. Room was clean and seem to have great amenities although staying 1 night did not require. View was very pleasant, I would def. stay again cant beat the price and the location of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!