“a mid grade hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Junction City, Kansas
“a mid grade hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

THe hotel staff was very welcome and very helpful. The room needed updated. our slide door to the deck was hard to open, the deck felt like it was going to fall through. the hotel does not have beach access but their sandy area are was nice with a volleyball court and chairs that look out over the water. They had fishing poles you can sign out from the front desk and use on the pier.the pool was nice but very small for this size of hotel. I would go back but not if I plan on spending lots of time on the beach!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

787 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Czech first
Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a very nice stay. The rooms are dated but clean. Facility is in a great location between Clearwater beach and downtown Tampa with a beautiful view. Would recommend if you are looking for value in the Tampa Florida area.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights (over the weekend). We were told the check-in time was at 3pm, but we had to for about an hour to get our room because they were still cleaning it. When we were in our room, it was clean. The kitchen was clean and the appliances looked new. the bathroom was okay as well. Although, the floor in the master's bedroom was creaking and found a piece of oreo cookie under the sofa bed when we took it out. But nonetheless, it didn't really bother us. As long as we were comfortable and had a place to relax. The whole experience was great for its price.

Ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This resort was nice on Tampa Bay. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and amazing view of the Tampa Bay. Cost was reasonable and it is always nice to have a fun kitchen when traveling.

Definitely a redo for an adult play weekend in Tampa

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would definitely recommend staying at Sailport in Tampa! Before booking our 4 night stay, I read several reviews on this hotel. They were mostly positive, with a few complaints about outdated rooms. We were fortunate to receive a fabulous renovated room. It had ceramic tile throughout, stainless steel kitchen appliances, a nice microfiber couch, and flat screen TV in the living room and bedroom. The queen size bed was also comfortable. Our balcony had a wonderful view of the Bay and the man-made beach. The lounge chairs were nice and the outdoor swing is great. On the night of July 4th, we admired the fireworks from the pool. The staff were very nice and the covered parking was an added bonus. One night we enjoyed sitting by the fire pit and tiki torches on the beach. This is a great find in Tampa Bay and definitely a great value. I hope to be back one day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every single time my husband or my family Has stayed here it has been problem after problem. My husband usually stays here one weekend out of the month for military training. first problem he had sail port inn's tried to check him out a week early. arrangements and payment were made in full for him to stay there for 2 months due to training. instead of trying to resolve the problem they did nothing he ended up staying his last week on base. second time he stayed with them they claimed that he stayed another night and charged him with another nights stay which is impossible because the night they charged him for he was already home 2 1/2 hours away. it took about a month but finally reimburse for there mistake. Third time my husband myself and our 4 children stayed with them for family week they were having problems with their Air conditioning unit after being in a 90 degree room for 4 hours they decided to move us to a new room on other side of the building only to be put in a room where guess what the air didn't work in there either so we were moved to another room yet again... when calling the front desk to let them know of the problem we were treated as scum like it was our fault their air conditioning system wasn't working. worst customer service i have ever encountered! the lady behind the counter has no people skills to seriously use that tone and to talk to a customer like they are and idiot is a big no no. next day comes time to check out myself and my four children went to the office to turn in room key and check out my oldest says mommy im hungry i said i know baby mommy is working on it ill get you breakfast in a min. the manger being there over hears her comment and says you were the one that had all that trouble yesterday had to move rooms a couple of times? I said yes so he takes us to the "grocery side" of the office tells me to pick out a couple breakfast sandwich's and drinks it will not be charged to the room this is for yesterdays inconvenience. so i pick out 2 small bacon egg and cheese sandwich's with chocolate milk again i check with the manger before leaving the office and everything's fine. 2 months go by and my husband goes to his uta for this month only to be told that he owes sail port in $20. 09 he calls to find out what the charge is they tell him its from the family weekend stay and its for grocery when talking the the person at the front desk on the phone they said they had talked to the manager and he said he had followed policy by charging it to the room . why the hell would you tell the customer this is complimentary for the trouble of having to move rooms then go and charge the customer 2 months later?? I strongly suggest anyone looking at this place to stay find somewhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Sailport. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience regarding the unit air conditioner. Being a condo hotel each unit has its own central air-condition and heat.Even with all the regular preventive maintenance we perform we still can not predict when the unit will stop working. I was made aware of the accidental charge to your account from the convenience store complimentary items and a reversal of charges was performed right away. Please contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns. Here at Sailport we pride ourselves with our OUTSTANDING QUALITY and SERVICE so when we get an out of character review like your I want to assure we make it right for you. Thank you for your business and remember you will always find the lowest rates possible at Sailport.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My son and I were in the area for a baseball tournament and had to catch a flight the next morning early so decided to stay in tampa. Found Sailport by accident and glad I did. This is a unique all suite property and literally every suite over looks the water. My son had fun fishing and playing volley ball. Rooms have stocked kitchens but we didn't have time to utilize it. My wife and I will plan a getaway for a weekend before the kids go back to school. They transported me to the airport complimentary that was also unexpected and I was very thankful. Hotel is spotless and surrounded by a great restaurant called whiskey joes.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!