“Property dated but the right price!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
flagstaff
“Property dated but the right price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I decided to tack on a few extra days to ourselves after a 60-person family reunion. This hotel was a great price and now I know why! Rooms were very dated and the bedroom was in the front of the unit with a window facing a common outdoor hallway to all other units. The living room couch was as if we were sitting on a fake couch. Very rigid and uncomfortable. The bedroom barely had walk around room and only one 2-drawer dresser could fit in the room with the bed! Kitchen was great if you wanted to keep things in the full-size fridge and well stocked with dishes, etc.

Internet was available but there were lots of complaints from hotel guests about it not working.

I do want to give a shout out to all the staff at the front desk. Extremely polite and accommodating. Couldn't have asked for more personable help. Ownership should be exremely proud of their training.

This is a great place for families on a budget, but not for a romantic get away. If you are accustomed to the Westins, Hyatts, etc, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend you ask for the 4th floor -- lots of families at this place with loud kids running around...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the Sailport Waterfront Suites on the recommendation of a friend from Tampa. Eventhough i only stayed for 2 nights the 1 brm unit was perfect for my needs. The room was clean and quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. The view from my balcony was amazing.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, never too busy to answer any questions that i had. Free Wi Fi in the room made keeping contact with family a breeze.
There are restaurants close by, but also others within driving distance. As the resort was very busy when i was there, sometimes finding a car park was a little bit of a challenge.
I would definitely like to visit again, and would not hesitate to recommend this accomodation to family or friends.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really enjoy this hotel... seems to be a converted time-share. I believe each room is set to give the guest an ocean (bay) view. Great pool, great room and great stay.
The master bedroom is small but bed is good, closet is large and the small TV in the master is not that big of a deal... considering you'll want to spend most of your time down the hall into the large living room with private deck anyway. Great kitchen too.
Will come back with my wife...this was a business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Saint Albans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Suites were clean and the kitchen was just perfect. The view from our room was the best I have ever seen. Shuttle service was such a benefit to our trip because we did not have any transportation and the staff who shuttled us, had the best attitude and so helpful. Nice restaurants around Sailport. There was a beach area, the bay, a deck and pool which provided plenty of entertainment and relaxation. Staff provided us with information about surrounding stores, including a market shop.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the view. We will NEVER stay here again. Me, my fiancee and best friend stayed here June 25-28, 2013. Upon arrival we went to our rooms on what felt like unstable floors, creaking loudly every move you make and dipping in different areas of the suite. The second night we had got a redbox movie to watch in the living room on the pullout mattress....except the pullout mattress was wired and we weren't able to use it. So, instead, we decided to pull the smaller bed from my friends room...we lifted it only to find a baggy FULL of MARIJUANA...yes you read that right....MARIJUANA!! I called the front desk to tell them because we didn't know what to do...they sent someone up to confiscate it..we asked for another room or something because we were scared that someone may come knocking in the middle of the night wanting their weed, she said "oh I'm sure you guys will be fine..if you feel or hear anything just give security a call and they will be right up" Mind you, we are on the 3rd floor and we barely saw any security and when we did, they were on the verge of sleeping. We were not offered another room or anything. Horrible service leaving your customers afraid to sleep at night. Upon checkout, they didn't disclose any pricing so I assumed what they were charging my card for was just miscellaneous fees...nope..get in the truck and start looking at my receipt, they charged me for the whole stay even though I used booking.com already..I call and the woman was so rude and would not let me complete my sentence and explain my concerns. Just so frustrating..I guess at Sailport Waterfront Suites there is no such thing as "Customer is always right" or have any respect or care.

• Stayed June 2013
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Sailport. I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and that you had to witness something left behind from a previous guest. We have implemented a new HSK procedure that will prevent this from happening in the future. Unfortunately we can not control every single guest that comes in here nor pinpoint which guest it was. Please contact me directly so that we can make this right for you and your family and allow you to enjoy the TRUE Sailport experience as our guest. Remember when booking you will always find the lowest rates at Sailport.com
wednesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

suits are clean they have a nice kitchen with big fridge freezer great view from your room. you dont have to drive to eat they have a fre bus you book in reception. free wifi .nice pool with another great view

west midlans uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Only stayed two short nights here, but well worth staying for comfort, cleanliness and fantastic views over Tampa Bay. Extended family party, all with sea views. We stayed in 245/246/247 all unserviced because of short stay but well stocked with towels etc:An excellent service is a free shuttle to local resturants provided by Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!