“Excellent room and view.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Rochester, Ny
“Excellent room and view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay if you are in the area more than a few days. Room was equipped with full kitchen so food could be brought in for an easy breakfast and/or lunch. No breakfast provided by hotel. Only recommendation would be to ensure that you get a room closer to the end of the "wings" for a better view. Only other downside was the elevator was slow and there is only one on the end opposite the beach and pool. Not very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Let me start by saying "Thank You" too the entire staff at this little, quaint diamond in the rough water side hotel that is both simple to access, convenient to Tampa International Airport, downtown Tampa and access to a number of beaches within the area. The Sailport offers extremely clean rooms(ACTUALLY FULL SUITES). In Addition the Sailport Waterfront Suites with it's great location on the water promises to be a very nice place to bring your family and friends for fun in the sun and a peaceful place full of tranquility with it's great ocean front views this hotel is a must. As I stated in my title The Sailport staff was very accommodating on short notice and provided my family approximately 20 rooms for a emergency with the by far the best rates in the area. I would also like to personally "Thank" Mr. Nick Molinaro for taking such an active personal, professional interest in helping my family members with reserving rooms and providing them with a AWESOME experience. Nick Molinaro on behalf of the entire GRINAGE/SMITH FAMILY & FRIENDS thank you again!!

Pat Grinage Sr.

Room Tip: All rooms are full suites and are very nice! Full refrigerators, stove, sink, Queen Bed and full Sof...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a great deal for a family of 5. "Sailport" is our home away from home and has shared two spring breaks, two romantic getaways for me and my husband; and a mini family vacation with 6 of my in-laws. They loved the property as much as we did. The property is well kept and the suites are always clean. They have a nice swimming pool and the kids enjoy the beach, pool and volleyball areas. Great location as we were also able to enjoy Busch Gardens, Clearwater Beach and Ybor City. Sailport is great for family and adult getaways.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because the suites had kitchens, it was affordable and the location was central to the attractions my family wanted to see while in Tampa. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
Good price
Great views, awesome sunset
Convenient location, 20 min to Clearwater, Busch Gardens
Nice pool and grounds
Full kitchen
Laundry room (coin operated)
Game Day BBQ cart in the parking lot had great food

Cons:
Housekeeping only comes on the 3rd day of your stay, which is fine, however when you need trash bags, tp, extra towels go to the front desk and get them yourself. A couple of times when we asked they said someone would bring them up and never did.
We saw 2 large cockroaches during our 5 night stay in the room...umm gross..but we just kept our food in the fridge or sealed up tight.
The store in the lobby is a complete ripoff. Bring your own laundry soap (I got those Tide pods and they were ok going on the plane) and snacks.
Ask for a renovated room ( a tip I got from another reviewer on here)
The front desk seems understaffed.
Also Michael was not helpful at all. My son was carsick in the rental and when I asked home for some cleaning supplies and paper towels he handed me a wad of napkins and told me I could buy cleaner and paper towels in the store. Thanks a lot. I hunted down someone from housekeeping who kindly gave me a bottle of cleaner.
Another issue I had is that when I booked the room the person on the phone told me we could get the shuttle to take us to the Airport at 6am but then when I asked the front desk they told me it doesn't run until 7 am, no exceptions.
The wifi is HORRIBLE. They shouldn't even advertise that they have it since it seldom works and when it does let you on be prepared to get booted off repeatedly.

Overall it is not bad if you don't need Internet and you are on a budget.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I hate to even leave a review, because it's a mixed review. I was happy overall with the room we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. Here's is where the review goes BAD. My family and I stayed her April 21st and checked out April 22. I'm a mother for 4 children ages range from 1 to 17 years old. Any way we thought we had everything packed up or so we thought. Something was left behind, it just so happened to be my 17 year old's blanket, she has had it since she was born. Yes I take blame for it being left behind, but where I place blame is on house keeping for throwing it away and claiming they never saw it. I have talked several times to house keeping and each time they have made me feel like I was losing my mind and that there was no way I left it. This is something that could never be replaced. So heed my warning, DOUBLE CHECK, BEFORE CHECKING OUT!!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom suite!!
Cape May New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First trip to Tampa Bay Florida. Got this room for view, price and proximity to attractions. It was a. good choice. Nice convenience store opened 24 hours. Garage parking. Small beach and pool.Close to mall, restaurants, casino. Close to Clearwater. Hour to Disney world.

• Stayed April 2013
Albany, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently held our Q1 Mindshare at the Sailport Waterfront Suites. This is a two day event that our group does twice a year in different locations. Boy, were we glad to find the Sailport for our Tampa event. Nick was our coordinator at the hotel and he made sure that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. All of our members had rooms with full bay views. These rooms were incredibly spacious and comfortable and we had no complaints from our guests. The Sailport catered our breakfast, breaks and lunch in and we enjoyed our meals on the pool deck which they closed off just for our private group. There are no private restaurants onsite, but there are several really good ones within walking distance. We loved our dinner at the Rusty Pelican, which you can see from the hotel. They only have one conference room, but it is ideal for groups of twenty or less. We were so pleased with the value that we received from start to finish. Take a chance and actually enjoy your work for once!! We certainly enjoyed mixing business with pleasure. Thank you, Nick and Waterfront Suites

Room Tip: Loved the fact that almost all the rooms have a bay view!!! You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sailport Waterfront Suites? Share your experiences!