We chose this hotel because the suites had kitchens, it was affordable and the location was central to the attractions my family wanted to see while in Tampa. Here are the pros and cons.
Great views, awesome sunset
Convenient location, 20 min to Clearwater, Busch Gardens
Nice pool and grounds
Laundry room (coin operated)
Game Day BBQ cart in the parking lot had great food
Housekeeping only comes on the 3rd day of your stay, which is fine, however when you need trash bags, tp, extra towels go to the front desk and get them yourself. A couple of times when we asked they said someone would bring them up and never did.
We saw 2 large cockroaches during our 5 night stay in the room...umm gross..but we just kept our food in the fridge or sealed up tight.
The store in the lobby is a complete ripoff. Bring your own laundry soap (I got those Tide pods and they were ok going on the plane) and snacks.
Ask for a renovated room ( a tip I got from another reviewer on here)
The front desk seems understaffed.
Also Michael was not helpful at all. My son was carsick in the rental and when I asked home for some cleaning supplies and paper towels he handed me a wad of napkins and told me I could buy cleaner and paper towels in the store. Thanks a lot. I hunted down someone from housekeeping who kindly gave me a bottle of cleaner.
Another issue I had is that when I booked the room the person on the phone told me we could get the shuttle to take us to the Airport at 6am but then when I asked the front desk they told me it doesn't run until 7 am, no exceptions.
The wifi is HORRIBLE. They shouldn't even advertise that they have it since it seldom works and when it does let you on be prepared to get booted off repeatedly.
Overall it is not bad if you don't need Internet and you are on a budget.
- Also Known As:
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel
- Sailport Resort Tampa
- Sailport Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Rocky Point Island, overlooking the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay, Sailport Waterfront Suites is ideally situated within minutes of Tampa International Airport, with easy access to downtown Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Our location is convenient to all area attractions and points of interest, including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Tampa's bayfront beach, the Port of Tampa, Olde Hyde Park Village and Historic Ybor City. The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tropicana Field, St. Pete. Times Forum (home of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Stanley Cup Champions!) and Raymond James Stadium (home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, World Champions!) are all nearby. Corporate, Military and Government guests will find themselves with an easy commute to the Westshore Business District, Tampa Convention Center, MacDill Air Force Base, CAE and Laser Spine Institute (LSI). At Sailport, our island atmosphere is suitable for business travel as well as family getaways. Corporate visitors enjoy the perfect Meeting Retreat, Corporate Housing or Extended Stay venue. For family getaways, we offer spacious One-Bedroom Family Suites or Two-Bedroom/Two Bath Suites. Attraction packages are available for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more! All suites feature full kitchens, private balconies with water views along with free high speed wireless internet access. Enjoy waterfront relaxation in the heart of Tampa Bay and Rocky Point Island. Guests love our breezy ambiance and the spectacular gulf coast sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sailport Waterfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.