I recently stayed with my parents, cousins and twin nephews at the Sailport Waterfront Suites. There is no beach but the view from every room is beautiful as your overlooking the bay. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and my parents loved the bed. My cousin loved the bed in her room as well. I slept on the sofa bed which wasn't the most comfortable sofa bed but wasn't that bad either. My kitchen was modern and it was perfect to make breakfast and store snacks. My cousin really didn't like her room as she found the carpet to be extremely filthy. Her carpet was a lighter color than mine. I did not find my carpet to be filthy.
Overall I think this is a great place to stay for family as the rooms have an apartment feel. The wifi is weak but honestly when your on vacation I don't think being online should be a priority. There is a small recreational area where the kids can have fun. You must travel out by car to find a supermarket or walmart. I didn't really explore much of the area outside but overall I would stay at the Sailport Waterfront Suites if I visit Tampa again.
- Also Known As:
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel
- Sailport Resort Tampa
- Sailport Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Rocky Point Island, overlooking the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay, Sailport Waterfront Suites is ideally situated within minutes of Tampa International Airport, with easy access to downtown Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Our location is convenient to all area attractions and points of interest, including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Tampa's bayfront beach, the Port of Tampa, Olde Hyde Park Village and Historic Ybor City. The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tropicana Field, St. Pete. Times Forum (home of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Stanley Cup Champions!) and Raymond James Stadium (home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, World Champions!) are all nearby. Corporate, Military and Government guests will find themselves with an easy commute to the Westshore Business District, Tampa Convention Center, MacDill Air Force Base, CAE and Laser Spine Institute (LSI). At Sailport, our island atmosphere is suitable for business travel as well as family getaways. Corporate visitors enjoy the perfect Meeting Retreat, Corporate Housing or Extended Stay venue. For family getaways, we offer spacious One-Bedroom Family Suites or Two-Bedroom/Two Bath Suites. Attraction packages are available for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more! All suites feature full kitchens, private balconies with water views along with free high speed wireless internet access. Enjoy waterfront relaxation in the heart of Tampa Bay and Rocky Point Island. Guests love our breezy ambiance and the spectacular gulf coast sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sailport Waterfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.