My family and I had reseved 4 separate rooms. We were not able to get any of the rooms together - but that was ok. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean.
We stayed here for 5 nights. They do not clean the rooms everyday. On the 3rd day, the cleaning staff came to clean our rooms. We were ok with this, we did not need clean towels everyday. Rooms were great. The kitchenette was perfect for us. We had a 3 month old and we were able to clean our own stuff and it was nice that a microwave was in the room as well.
In my opinion, the rooms are not ideally set up. The bedroom has a window right next to the hallway. Because of this, my 3 month old kept waking up in the middle of the night because of the hallway noises. We had to move her away from us and towards the sitting area so she would have a better sleep at night. After the first night, we moved her crib, she no longer woke up.
The kitchenette had everything you needed and was very clean. You do not need to bring anything yourself (other than hand dish detergrent). They even provide dishwasher detergent for the machine.
There was parking security on the weekends, which was nice. We had golf clubs in our car and we felt safe leaving them there.
My only complaint is that, on the first night, since we reserved 4 rooms, the hotel was at maximum capacity, they did not have one of the rooms we reserved and 2 familys had to share a - 2 bedroom (which was not what we asked for). The room was the very very very last room of the hotel. The hotel staff did not give us any discounts or do anything to make our stay better. They only offered us free dish detergent and a couple of pops - they said "its on the house". The staff eventually got us another room after the first day.
As far as restaurants, there aren't too many around the hotel. We tried Bahama Breeze but had to wait over an hour. We then went to Chart House which is right around the corner and the food was good. Chart House is on the pricier side, but we got a table right away, the views were amazing, the food was delicious and staff was friendly. It's a bit hidden, but its on the right side just before you get on the Causeway.
All in all, we would stay here again. The rooms have beautiful views of the waterfront and beach. Pretty good for the value.
- Also Known As:
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel
- Sailport Resort Tampa
- Sailport Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Rocky Point Island, overlooking the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay, Sailport Waterfront Suites is ideally situated within minutes of Tampa International Airport, with easy access to downtown Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Our location is convenient to all area attractions and points of interest, including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Tampa's bayfront beach, the Port of Tampa, Olde Hyde Park Village and Historic Ybor City. The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tropicana Field, St. Pete. Times Forum (home of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Stanley Cup Champions!) and Raymond James Stadium (home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, World Champions!) are all nearby. Corporate, Military and Government guests will find themselves with an easy commute to the Westshore Business District, Tampa Convention Center, MacDill Air Force Base, CAE and Laser Spine Institute (LSI). At Sailport, our island atmosphere is suitable for business travel as well as family getaways. Corporate visitors enjoy the perfect Meeting Retreat, Corporate Housing or Extended Stay venue. For family getaways, we offer spacious One-Bedroom Family Suites or Two-Bedroom/Two Bath Suites. Attraction packages are available for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more! All suites feature full kitchens, private balconies with water views along with free high speed wireless internet access. Enjoy waterfront relaxation in the heart of Tampa Bay and Rocky Point Island. Guests love our breezy ambiance and the spectacular gulf coast sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Amex, EasyToBook, Olotels, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Sailport Waterfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.