I wish I could say you get what you pay for, but $130 a night is a bit steep for this run-down college dorm. Not to say that the location isn't some of the best in the Tampa Bay area, but it's pretty much all this place has going for itself. That and the staff's sense of humor when Jerry "Banks" mistook me for an entomologist by trying to clarify that what I saw crawling in my room's 30 year-old carpet were "Palmetto Bugs", not roaches. Thank you, Man vs Wild. I had to exercise serious control from telling him to STFU. He might as well have given them names. "No sir, that's Sidney and Sally, they come here every winter. Be sure to not step on them". It would be funny if it wasn't so repugnant.
Couple that with 30 min power outages, 4-day housekeeping breaks, mosquitoes and the moldy smell with those hostel closets, and you've got yourself an unforgettable stay in what could've been a really nice vacation experience. It's a crying shame how Provident Resorts has relegated this property with such location potential, to the 80s Projects Program. Looks ok on their gallery though...
Despite their scarcity, the housekeepers were very kind in letting me raid their carts for much needed towels, pillow covers, sheets and toilet tissue. I'll come back when they've fumigated and renovated this place. I know you may be thinking that I'm just one unhappy guest in a thousand happy ones, but to be honest, I could've tolerated the 80s furniture, old towels, even the housekeeping cart raids - but the stained alien rug you can almost hear breathing, mosquitoes and roaches? I mean palmetto bugs. Sorry. Yeah..No. It's like having ol' Wolfgang Puck whip up a gourmet dinner for you and finding a palmetto bug in it. Yum. Not.
Palmetto-ha ha ...that's hysterical. Good one Jer.
- Also Known As:
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel
- Sailport Resort Tampa
- Sailport Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Rocky Point Island, overlooking the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay, Sailport Waterfront Suites is ideally situated within minutes of Tampa International Airport, with easy access to downtown Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Our location is convenient to all area attractions and points of interest, including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Tampa's bayfront beach, the Port of Tampa, Olde Hyde Park Village and Historic Ybor City. The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tropicana Field, St. Pete. Times Forum (home of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Stanley Cup Champions!) and Raymond James Stadium (home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, World Champions!) are all nearby. Corporate, Military and Government guests will find themselves with an easy commute to the Westshore Business District, Tampa Convention Center, MacDill Air Force Base, CAE and Laser Spine Institute (LSI). At Sailport, our island atmosphere is suitable for business travel as well as family getaways. Corporate visitors enjoy the perfect Meeting Retreat, Corporate Housing or Extended Stay venue. For family getaways, we offer spacious One-Bedroom Family Suites or Two-Bedroom/Two Bath Suites. Attraction packages are available for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more! All suites feature full kitchens, private balconies with water views along with free high speed wireless internet access. Enjoy waterfront relaxation in the heart of Tampa Bay and Rocky Point Island. Guests love our breezy ambiance and the spectacular gulf coast sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sailport Waterfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.