“New look but some problems also!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tampa East Hotel

You added Sheraton Tampa East Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tampa East Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10221 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33610 (Formerly Tampa East Plaza Hotel, Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #81 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Myers, Florida
“New look but some problems also!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here on a casino comp. Here were many positive things about this property. Lobby is beautiful and spacious. Although they need some more help at the front desk. There was one clerk when I arrived, with two people ahead of me; by the time I was helped the line had grown to at least 6 more parties trying to check in. The clerk did call for more help, but no one had shown up. It seems it takes a long time to check people in, could not find reservations of casino comp people.
I am all for a pet friendly place, BUT upon arrival at our room there was a dog across the hall that yipped for at least 2 + + hours. Apparently the owners had left and decided that people would not mind hearing their yipping dog. After an hour I did call down and ask if anything could be done. Nothing was done. How rude!! I think I would rather stay at a NOT friendly pet hotel, than listening to a barking dog.
The room had a lovely balcony with two chairs, so I thought maybe I could get some peace there, but even with directions could not get door open. After dog call decided not to call again.
The room was lovely once Fido quieted down.
Spacious bathroom, soft towels, clean. Love the makeup mirror, (took a picture so I could buy one).
The room was large with a desk, bureau, chair (with footstool), flat screen TV. The lighting was great.
OHHH the bed was so comfortable. Four big pillows, comfy duvet, and soft sheets. Slept well.
That is until 6 AM, when the door slamming started. Apparently there were people on our floor that had no care for other people. At least 6 slammed doors between 6-6:30 AM. My friend thought, well maybe that is just how the door closes. So we opened ours and closed....gee did not make a sound. (click)
I would stay there again, but make things very clear, NOT near any dogs, or at a quieter part of the building, to avoid the slammers. I suppose anyone who leaves a yipping dog for hours, has no conscience on slamming the door at 6AM. when they take Fido our for his walk.
Also the shuttle driver from Trinidad was a hoot, great guy.
Thanks

Room Tip: Select a room away from any pets, and maybe near the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Xmasteach,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Tampa East. I was so sorry to see that you encountered a long wait at check-in as well as a problem with a noisy dog across the hall. I was so sorry to see that we failed to correct this issue for you in a timely manner. I have reviewed your comments with my team so that they can work to provide better assistance in the future. We were glad to see that overall, you did enjoy the room accommodations. We certainly hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Sheraton Tampa East

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Glennville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First, hotel seems to be newly renovated and think maybe name change. Pretty grounds, very nice large lobby and friendly check in staff. Had problem with bathroom sink not draining and maintenance came very quickly and resolved the issue. We had drinks both nights at hotel bar and also dined at bar next night. Both bartenders were very helpful in directions, advice and very friendly. Met a nice crowd of people while there. Room had balcony over pool, but not use pool although looked very pretty. Room was fine except amount of hall light coming under a large door space was very annoying.Hard to sleep with light. Requested a quiet room, but heard strange noise during one night. So close it seemed as if someone had entered room! A plus for their shuttle drivers. Both were excellent. Some of the best ever. We had free coupons for breakfast, but only used one day due to the fact that buffet was almost completely cold. Only one other person in breakfast area, but had to ask server for coffee refills each time. Good selection of breakfast food, but by time you sat down with plate, food cold. This could be a very good breakfast if temp was taken care of. Food in bar was much better. Nice hotel, just needs some tweaks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gstrc501,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Tampa East. We were glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit with us and apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the bathroom sink in your room and temperature of the food at breakfast. We have reviewed your comments regarding breakfast with our Food and Beverage team so that they can address each of the items that you touched on. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to the possibility of having you as our guest again in the future.

Meredith Vaughn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel based on the ratings on trip advisor, and we were not disappointed. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly. The accommodations were very clean. The room had updated furniture.
We would definately choose it again, next time we stay in tampa.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Egram01,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Tampa East. We were thrilled to see that you were pleased with everything from the staff to the accommodations. We look forward to having you as our guesta again in the future.

memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

this was a big hotel with a little staff. glad to say the problems we incurred were quickly corrected. there is a nice sized pool.
there is no free wifi unless u r a gold member. and generally the cell signal sucked.. there are shuttles to area casinos.
we got special rates for the event so know that pricing varies widely...

it was just ok.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us in July. We were sorry to see that you thought your time with us was just OK. As you mentioned, we do charge for wireless internet access in the rooms, however we offer complimentary wi-fi in the lobby area of the hotel for all guests. We also have the Link at Sheraton powered by Microsoft available for complimentary internet access and printing located in the lobby just beside the Front Desk. We hope that if you find yourself back in the Tampa area that you give our property a second chance to provide you with a top notch stay.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Most Sheraton and other Starwood properties tend to be priced on the high side compared to many peer properties. However, Starwood properties are generally more updated and modern than other brands. This property was great with the best of both worlds with very moderate nightly rates and the high standards of Starwood.

We stayed here a total of 2 nights but checked in and out twice since we didn't know exactly how long we were staying due to our project. But the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful at both check in and check out. Because we checked out and checked back in, we had 2 different rooms, one on the 4th floor and one on the 3rd floor. The rooms were both double rooms and essentially identical. Everything was very clean and the beds were a dream to sleep in; very comfortable. I enjoyed the pod coffee makers as well.

There were a couple minor negatives like the lack of free WiFi (although this is common for Starwood in general) and a quirky location. It's not a bad location it's just a bit removed from the city and restaurants. But it is a nice midway point between Downtown Tampa and Brandon/Riverview, yet removed from the riff-raff hotels that permeate East Tampa.

Overall, the Sheraton was a great choice for our stay. A clean, modern, and comfortable room with good customer service are among the most basic needs and those were all met. The price was right and I'd definitely return again when in Tampa.

Room Tip: The hallways are quite long so you may want to request a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Ben L.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Tampa East. I was thrilled to see that you were pleased with the level of service provided to you by our staff as well as the cleanliness of the rooms. I will be sure to share your review with our team members as they work hard to ensure all of our guests thoroughly enjoy their time with us. As you mentioned, we do charge for wi-fi in the rooms, however we do offer complimentary wi-fi in the public spaces of the hotel. We also offer a complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel to assist with getting our guests to area restaurants as we realize that options within walking distance are a bit limited. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My hubby & I stayed @the Sheraton Tampa East over the 4th of July weekend. We go to the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa often, & usually spend at least 2 nights in a hotel. This was our first stay @ the Sheraton, & I have to say, it was top notch! The hotel itself is beautiful, the lobby is huge & impressive, & I was amazed by how clean & well kept our room (actually the entire hotel) was. The beds are SUPER plush & very comfortable, & our room was perfect, we slept like logs (NO noise). The oversized pool is wonderful, & surrounded by lovely plants & trees. Lots of chairs/tables are available nearby to relax, & we LOVED the lounge chair cushions, so nice! And, above all, the hotel staff is exceptional (A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Barbara - we saw at least 7 fireworks displays from rm 410, perfect!! - also to Princess, & Amanda! I'd have to say that the only minor drawback for us was not having a fridge/microwave in our room, but, with plenty of ice available, our cooler worked well (we requested a fridge but apparently none were available). So, we would DEFINITELY recommend the Sheraton Tampa East to anyone, &, we'll be back! TIP: For the best prices, & other perks, sign up with Starwood Hotels @ www.spg.com.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay over the holiday weekend. We were thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to pass along your praises to all of our team members, particularly the three that you mentioned. I hope you had a safe trip upon your departure and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed one night + most of next day using meeting rooms. I arrived very late. Overnight front desk person was very pleasant and efficient (which is very important when all you want to do is get to bed). Got to room. It is very hot and muggy, the thermostat is set pretty high. I drop it to arctic levels, but it never really caught up even overnight. So the stay was a big warm and damp. The room seemed clean. Lighting is dim. Smelled a bit like a damp basement. Not terrible, but not quite what I expect from a Sheraton. I tossed my stuff down and jumped right in bed. quickly realized that there was a ton of light in the room. The clock radio was like a lighthouse beacon. I tossed stuff on it to hide that and then noticed there was still a lot of light coming in. Big gap in the bottom of the door. Stuffed a bath towel in the gap. Now I had a dark room. Laying back down I then noticed the next problem, a lot of road noise. This necessitated my use of the emergency earplugs I keep with me. After that sleep was mostly good. The bed was comfortable. My room came with a free breakfast buffet. I was the first down at 630 when it opens. Typical fare. No made to order omelets or anything, just steam table eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, etc. Not bad, not great. The staff was attentive. Overall not the worst hotel, but not the best.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear AUH_tr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Tampa East. We were sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your visit with us, but greatly appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to review your comments with our team.

Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Tampa East Hotel? Share your experiences!