“Is It Because I'm a Senior?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tampa East Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Tampa East Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tampa East Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10221 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33610 (Formerly Tampa East Plaza Hotel, Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #78 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Is It Because I'm a Senior?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Beautiful, comfortable, and inexpensive, but....not for seniors. I struggled nobly to make the floor lamp light. The room phone could not be made to work. The Iphone dock was mysterious; even the coffee package was a struggle. And, no free WiFi?? Why is it that the more expensive the hotel, the more the WiFi costs? Please!

Room Tip: See the above review.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly do have a beautifully renovated Sheraton product! I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues with the amenities of the guest room; we will have the room fully inspected to ensure everything is working properly. While we do not offer complimentary WIFI in the guest rooms we do have several options to access the internet free of charge. We do offer complimentary WIFI access throughout our entire lobby, restaurant, and Link Café areas including a special Link Café that provides not only complimentary internet but also complimentary computer and printer usage, as well. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hotel has a very fresh clean feel to it. Rooms and common areas are very well decorated. Bed was extremely comfortable and bathroom was larger than most. Overall enjoyed my stay and will stay again. One fault is that a higher level business hotel like this needs a hot tub. I think there used to be one however it now appears to be a planter?

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your positive review, we truly appreciate it! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property. While we do not offer a hot tub as it has been replaced with lush vegetation, we do have an amazing Olympic size heated pool for your enjoyment. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay while in the Tampa area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff are very helpful and friendly with all requests. The bar waitress works her butt off taking care of all food and drink items. The food is also reasonable and tastes fantastic. Hotel is beautifully layed out and decorated very tastefully. Close to interstate, fairgrounds and Hardrock casino.

• Stayed December 2013
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking your time to share you experience.
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was at this Sheraton for 5 days and was a bit surprised just how below average this hotel is.
The rooms were spacious but had the smallest refrigerator of any hotel I have ever stayed at. The restaurant is the only on location. The service there was below average. The next closest restaurant was a 10 minute shuttle ride away.

A HUGE HASSLE

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was a hassle, as we strive to ensure your stay is executed smoothly. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations and I am disappointed that was not reflected during your visit. If you have any further details you would like to provide regarding your experience, I would like to hear from you at heather.cannon@interstatehotels.com . We are dedicated to resolving any issues you encountered and are continuously working to improve the services we provide. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

When I walked in the hotel, I thought WOW this is a very nice hotel. The lobby was the only nice part. I checked in & quickly went to my room. I had a room on the Club floor & wanted to visit the lounge and have a drink and Hors d'oeuvres.
The club lounge is a joke. The room is large, but just too large for no reason. It feels like you are in the multi purpose room/Gym of a church. No Wine or beer was offered. There was no attendant to ask about a drink.
When staying at a nice hotel, the club lounge serves nice Hors d'oeuvres so the guest can sample the food from the restaurant at the hotel, hoping that guest will have dinner there.
The cheap egg rolls (I am sure they come in frozen) did not make me want to visit the restaurant, nor did the small packs of Lays Potato chips.
The breakfast was not much better.
The doors & the rooms look freshly painted, with a tooth brush. (very bad coverage), the Balcony door did not open & The handle is covered with rust (see Photo) & this is the "Club Level Floor".
But all of the above issues I could have overlooked. But the placement of the TP holder, just 5 inches from the Commode at knee height, SERIOUSLY. Today I have a bruise on my knee from where the holder hit my knee as I did my business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear your experience was not what you should expect when selecting a Sheraton property. While we strive to ensure a memorable experience during your visit we are dedicated to properly addressing your concerns. We are continuously updating the selections offered in the club lounge, in an effort to better serve all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback as an opportunity to improve the services we offer in an exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge. I can assure you that your concerns regarding the condition and repairs to the room have been addressed. Thank you again for sharing your experience, providing us with the opportunity to better serve you on your next stay in Tampa.
Marianna, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel was in a very convenient location off of the main Highway. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The lobby was beautiful and the room and beds were nice, clean and comfortable.

I wish I had the time to use the facilities. The pool was absolutely GORGEOUS!! I wish I had just jumped in, even for a minute! The exercise room was very large and had some great equipment! Didn't get to use it, but it was very large and, living in a small town, seemed like one of our small town gym centers. LOL

The price per night is quite a bit, but we used another site and got a great deal!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We strive to ensure your complete comfort and satisfaction and it is great to see that was reflected during you visit. Please come back and see us and hopefully you will have time to enjoy our beautiful outdoor heated pool. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Nice new renovated rooms. Great bar and pool area. Booked a room here on hotwire. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended. Annoying extra internet charges. Free parking is a plus. Close to I-75.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Tampa area.

Been to Sheraton Tampa East Hotel? Share your experiences!