“Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tampa East Hotel

You added Sheraton Tampa East Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tampa East Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10221 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33610 (Formerly Tampa East Plaza Hotel, Sabal Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #82 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall nice place to stay for the value couldn't open the balcony door an room took a while to get cool but overall very clean good location I felt safe an not threatened in any way by the location staff was very nice no incidents

• Stayed June 2013
376HeatherC, Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We pride ourselves on the service and accommodations which we provide and I am pleased to see that was reflected throughout your stay. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was very impressed. Continental breakfast, for the price of $13 not worth it. I felt safe staying at this hotel with my children. The staff was competent, helpful, and somewhat professional. Perfect place for a family stay. The bathroom were clean, bed were comfortable, and housekeeping on point. Although I would not recommend this location for someone who does not have a vehicle because there is no restaurant or shopping area nearby. I will definitely be staying here again. 24 hour gym downstairs, I did not try the swimming area though. Very close to Lowry Zoo.

Room Tip: I stayed in the King Bed suite with a couch that turned into a full size bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and your interactions with our staff. The comfortable bed you enjoyed is the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, one of our most popular features as well as our 24 hour fitness center specially designed and programmed by Core Performance. While we are not immediately surrounded by restaurants and shops, just three miles away you have access to a large selection which is accessible through our complimentary shuttle. Thank you for taking your time to share your stay and we hope to see you again.
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

First for an almost, 4 star hotel I thought they would at least have a bellhop but they dont. Its all do it yourself . After checking in, I waited in the car for 15 mins for someone to bring back a cart but no one did. After a 4 hour drive I just wanted to get in the room so I had to make trips from the car to the room.
The room looked very clean but when went in it just smelled kinda moldy. Smelled decreased after the ac really kicked in and some good fabreeze. The beds were very hard and the pillows were too soft. Your head just kinda sank in.
The hotel promotes how green they are all over the room, even put recycling bins in the room. When I was coming back from being out and about they were just getting done with cleaning the rooms and saw the regular trash mixed with all the bottle and cans I put to recycle.Im not a green nut but if im being attentive to your "green wants" by separating recycle and trash, then they should recycle like they promote they do.
I was mistaking charged to my credit card but the front desk assured me it would removed. Also be careful of all the little hidden fees. I made sure to read everything before touching. I saw a bottle of water and it says on the bottom with our complaints. But you look at a bottle behind it and it say $4 for purified water.

Pros

Right off of I 75
Malls not far way
House keeping did a good job... except for knocking on my door everyday at 9 am and throwing away a cup of tequila I had.
Didnt get to go to the pool but it looked nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that after a long drive the bellman was not present upon your arrival, as we are a full service property with a dedicated bell staff eager to greet you. We pride ourselves on contributing to the sustainability efforts in place and appreciate your participation and concern. We have reviewed our process to ensure all staff members are taking pride in the program and ensuring value in both your efforts and ours. While we strive to exceed your expectations and it is apparent that we failed to do so for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you providing you with a stay that is better than expected.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Attended a one day conference at the Hotel. Staff were very helpful, especially the front desk staff. Room was adequate with comfortable beds. Bathroom was fine, the room just had an older, kinda worn-out feel to it. Patio was kinda cool with a great view of the sunset. Food in the restaurant (and room service) was mediocre at best; a little disappointing for a Sheraton, I thought. Bar in the Lobby seemed popular and accommodating.. I would probably stay here again for a business meeting but doubt I would stay for pleasure. If this were a lower star hotel chain I would definitely give it a higher rating, but I guess I just expect more from a Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here due to lack of availability at my other choices (Westin). I was a bit nervous to stay here, as it is not a very high end property. However, the hotel was recently renovated and they did a phenomenal job. The desk agent was high class and the lobby was exceptional. The rooms were great and well kept. The beds were not exactly what we're used to but for the price it was great. We didn't really use any of the facilities however they appeared to be in good shape. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night so that we would be close to the Hard Rock casino. It's right off the highway. It was a great place to stay. We did not explore the hotel amenities due to a lack of time, but the staff was very pleasant and the room was clean and nice. Only complaint was that the shower didn't drain very well. Otherwise, great hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
376HeatherC, Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great location while you stayed with us to play at Hard Rock. We do have several amenities designed with you in mind to ensure you are able to relax, connect with friends and family, or get the job done and I hope you are able to enjoy some of our modern amenities on your next visit to our property. Thank you again for sharing your experience we look forward to seeing you again!
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay while traveling with two kids, and this turned out decently well.

Suite meant separate sleep space from the kids (our younger one won't sleep if mom is in sight), and plenty of room for a crib.

Location: Great if you're not going to the beach. We were here to visit family, and they are spread north and south of Tampa, so this put us 20-30 minutes from everyone except the beach -- a 45 minute drive.

Can't speak to food, though the in-room coffee is good. Service was helpful and welcoming.

Rooms were clean, but some light bulbs needed replacing.

Overall a good experience. Thinking this will be our go-to for a long time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to see that your stay with us went well . It sounds like this was the perfect location for your traveling needs and I am pleased that we were your choice hotel. I hope the spacious clean suite meant you were able to get some rest. We thank you for your continued loyalty and we are honored to be your "go to" hotel.

Been to Sheraton Tampa East Hotel? Share your experiences!