“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Courtney Campbell Cswy., Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Bay Harbor Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #77 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Bielefeld, Germany
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Bayharbor Hotel often changed the hotel chains in the past years. It used to be a Radisson. It could use a little bit of renovation, but it is still a good place to stay for a few nights. The rooms are large and somehow clean. Take a room to the bay, it's worth it. Next door is Hoogans on the Beach (The wrestler Hulk Hoogan), where can have excellent food. During the nighttime it can get a little bit loud because of the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Oceanside room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Vtm R,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to clarify a couple of points for the benefit of other guests. The hotel has only changed three times in the past 15 years. By local standards, that's not "often." It's about average. One owner, because of our convenient location and great view, had plans to demolish the building and build condos. We are almost done with our 6+ million dollar renovation. Many of the improvements to the property are not visible, but if you are familiar us, you know that many are. Our rooms are cleaned daily by a very hard working staff. I think the word "somehow" is an inaccurate translation. Overall, you seemed to enjoy your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Here on a Family vacation the bay view is a very beautiful view day and night but other than that the hotel is just ok. Hogan's Beach is nice although price for jet ski rental is a bit ridiculous I think. $55 for 30 mins 95 for 1 hr. The hotel staff is not very friendly, u pretty much have to speak 1st to get someone to speak to u. Had probs wit TV and sink not draining properly, when u flush toilet it comes back up in the sink. Overall experience not extremely disappointed and definitely not overwhelming

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear D1nonie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. I do hope you let the front desk staff know of your situations in a timely manner so that they could take care of them. I'm sure that you are aware that the hotel is not directly involved with the rental of the jet skis, but I will pass your comments along to them. They charge "market price," or, in other words, what the market will bear. Currently, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of business. We hope that the next time you are in our area, you will stop by again.

Newnan, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you pay extra for the view, it was beautiful, although jet skys were very noisy. No breakfast included which was a disappointment since there was no where to eat except at Hogans Resturant, which by the way, food was great but flies were horrible and I'm talking about inside seating. No one was very friendly. Party nights were over the top with noise and car traffic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear flygirl1953,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope you didn't let anything spoil your fun. The next time you're in the area, please come back again.

park city, ut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at the Bay Harbor Hotel for a few week nights on a business trip in July. The location is very convenient from Tampa airport, and is close to a few beaches on the Bay and right on the causeway to Clearwater. Downtown Tampa is easy to access as well.

The lobby and many of the common areas are in better shape than the rooms. My room was relatively quiet, and the balcony was a nice feature. The bed was NOT great. Much too firm and I could feel each spring; not too much, but noticeable. Pillows were all flat cotton, with no fluff.

Bathroom appeared to be semi-recently remodeled, but the work was sloppy, with shoddy paint and grout work.

I also don't get why some hotels (this one included) keep bathroom or other lights on after the room has been cleaned. I feel like this is such a waste, especially with the number of rooms and number of fixtures. You have the cards on the bed touting the hotel sustainability with reduced sheet washing, but leave on unnecessary lights?

As others have said, a restaurant/bar is connected to the hotel. On advice of others I didn't try, but it might be a nice place to have a beverage outside at the end of the day. There was a motorcycle show of some kind and a concert my last night there, but everything seemed to shut down around 11pm, and my room didn't allow enough noise before that to be a nuisance.

I'd consider staying again, but the bed and pillows will keep me away.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have balconies or patios (if on ground floor). Rooms either face the bay or the pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Sonofragnar,

Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. I fully agree with you about leaving on the lights in the bathrooms or anywhere else in unoccupied room. If we turn them all off, there is the danger that guests may trip over or bump into something in a dark room. I'm going to discuss this further with the Director of Housekeeping. The bathrooms are being touched up, but I'm afraid the mattresses and the pillows are going to be here for a while. I really hope they won't keep you away, considering all the other nice things we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again.

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

we stayed at this hotel to attend a music festival on a nearby beach - the view from our room was just gorgeous. the staff was very nice and very helpful. shuttles run to the airport and to restaurants - for out of town guests, this is a great place to stay for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear HarriMiller,

What a nice short 'n sweet and to the point review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I'm sure oithers will find it helpful. I hope we see you back soon.

Nueva Gorgona, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent two nights at the Best Western Bay Harbor Hotel. The room was ok for what we needed. We chose this hotel because we got a good rate and because they have a free airport shuttle. We were glad there was an on site restaurant since we didn't have a vehicle. The view of the beach from the restaurant, the pool and walkway were very nice. The bed was fairly comfortable and even though we were on the first floor near the lobby, we were not bothered by noise at all. I would stay again if catching a Tampa flight and needing an airport-convenient hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzi J,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate all your comments. You know, you don't have to wait for an airport stop over to come back. Our location is a great destination in and of itself. It's agreat excuse to visit the Tampa Bay area. In any case, we hope to see you again soon.

Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel stay was wonderful. Used my BWR points for a two night stay on the weekend and was extremely impressed. Couldn't believe the low point requirements for this hotel especially considering the location. Located right on the bay and 20 minutes away from Busch Gardens, 30 minutes from MOSI, and NUMEROUS restaurants within 5-10 minutes.

First, I have to compliment on the cleanliness considering I find this to be the most important part of a hotel stay! Our 5th floor room was SPOTLESS. The bathrooms were very clean (no random hairs or hard water stains). The room smelt nice upon entering with no damp Florida smell. I had to move a piece of furniture to get something I dropped behind, and even with doing that there were no dust bunnies. I have pretty bad allergies that tend to act up at night, but I slept soundly. The bed was very comfortable.

Location, location, location! This hotel sits beautifully on the bay. Was so impressed walking out onto our balcony and seeing the sunset over the bay. Absolutely beautiful. Will definitely get a bay view room again. The landscaping out back is nicely done with benches along the walkway and the pool area well kept.

The hotel had a small business center with two working computers as well as a working printer located just through the lobby. They also had a cute little gift shop. There was plenty of parking and I felt safe parking my vehicle seeing as though there was a parking attendant. All the hotel staff I spoke with were accommodating, professional, and approachable. They happily answered my questions and did it with a smile.

I not only plan to recommend this hotel, but hope to be able to use this hotel again for my Tampa trips. I have used many other Tampa hotels for our weekend getaways, but this one has been my favorite considering the employees and cleanliness. Thanks for helping to make our trip a great one!

Room Tip: Although the Bay View Rooms are BEAUTIFUL you can hear some of the music from the surrounding bars/r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laurley,

Thank you so much for your very complete and complimentary review of our hotel. The best compliment of all is that you will come back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!