“Don't do it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Courtney Campbell Cswy., Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Bay Harbor Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #81 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
florida
“Don't do it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I read the reviews about this hotel before booking it and I thought it couldn't be that bad. Yes it really is that bad. The rooms are outdated , bath tub had mold, towels were dirty. The furniture was old and worn out. Even the tv was fuzzy. The restaurant was old looking too and way over priced. Spend the extra money and go somewhere nicer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Stefhanie,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I will make sure all the department managers see your comments and take them under advisement. Hogan's Beach Restaurant was completely redone for the grand opening last New Year's Eve. The menu was revised to reflect current tastes and prices in the area. Many improvements have already been made to the hotel and more are on the way. Next time you are in the area, please stop in. I think you will like what you see.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. The view was awesome the staff was courteous the rooms were clean and the Resteraunt attached to the hotel was great. The only thing that kept me from giving this hotel a great rating was the bed. I have stayed in a lot of hotels from low low budget to the luxury hotels. Never have I had as bad a bed as I did in this hotel. When you get on it you hear every spring crack snapped and pop. Every movement had springs going everywhere and when you go off it literally popped for 30 seconds after. My back felt like I had slept on a mid evil torture device in the mornings. Like I said the rest off the hotel was awesome. unfortunately when we come back I think we will look for another place. Sleep is important on vacation. Probably just this one bed was bad so I would look at all the reviews before passing judgement.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a good bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear UnderHIsgrace,

Thank you for your comments. I am really sorry that the bed ruined what was otherwise a good stay. When you return to the area, please try us again. I know you'll like the changes you see.

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I read good reviews on this hotel so I booked a room (King bed with a water view) for our anniversary for 2 nights. We got our room and it was not a king bed but 2 full size beds. We decided to keep it because we liked the view as it was on the 6th floor. That night I heard someone trying to get in so I went opened the door to a guest who had the same room assigned to him. I called down to the front desk and talked to someone (Micheal, I think) who was very apologetic and almost fell over backward wanting to make it right (thumbs up for Michael!). It turned out the guest's last name was almost identical to mine, and we were in the wrong room. The next morning I went down to talk to the desk as our shower seemed to run out of hot water. The woman at the desk didn't seem interested in the situation at all. (thumbs down). She did offer to change our room to a king bed room on the 4th floor. We opted to stay because we like the upper floor better. We liked it enough that I extended our stay one extra night. When we checked out I specified (twice, actually) that our room should be at a lower price because we did not get the king room, She said she would take care of it. She didn't, she charged the higher price for 2 nights and the lower price for one night, so I had to my card credited. Overall we liked our stay but if/when we return I hope we can be helped by someone like the 2 people that were at the front desk when we checked in. They really seemed to understand customer service. Props to them.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Hogan's Beach are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Greg G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad that overall it was a positive experience. I will be sure Michael knows that you appreciated his efforts. I will also let the morning shift know where they dropped the ball and I'm sorry about that. We're all looking forward to your next visit.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

after reading many TA reviews of tampa hotels we chose this BW. very good location & pretty view of the bay. yes, the hotel is undergoing renovations. but don't let that stop you from staying here. the staff is friendly & helpful. the rooms are very clean. yes the balconies are open to your neighbors, if they had been more private we would not have met the bacholer party. these guys were so much fun. we took the shuttle for an early morning flight, so easy. we will stay here on our return trip as we come in very late. we highly recommend staying here!

Dear K H,

Thank you for the great comments. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed there for 2 days. Got bayview room. If there's an event on Hogan's bar or on little island you won't sleep good because of noise. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Big parking.
Hogan's bar close to hotel is a huge plus. There's also waverunners renting spot.
Will be back again.

Dear Ben995,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's nice to know that you will be coming back. As you said, having Hogan's Beach Bar is a huge plus. Most guests really enjoy the food and the atmosphere. We are working hard to find the point at which music becomes noise.

Pittsburgh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Room was really nice, clean. Location is fabulous for Tampa or Clearwater Beach/Tampa airport. Hotel staff friendly. ONLY problem was the lack of parking our first night (Thursday) because Hogan's bar was having a large event (that we were not aware of) and the bar is attached to the hotel. We went out to dinner in Clearwater, came back and we had to park our rental car in a not so nice location (end of an aisle that blocked another aisle). We were very upset and all anyone (at the front desk) said was it'll be fine but yet there parking permit says they are not responsible. Luckily, we were able to get a spot a little later as someone left. I thought it was odd that they didn't save spots for PAYING guests. The parking attendant for the hotel did his best but was getting yelled at and I didn't think that was fair, it certainly wasn't his decision. The rest of our stay (till Sunday) was pleasant and we didn't have that issue again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Teresa P.

Thank you for your comments. I will be sure that our parking attendant sees this. He really works hard. We do save enough parking for our hotel guests, but as you noticed, no matter how vigilant he is, some people sneak in. I understand your concern about our disclaimer on your parking pass. In this area, it is common practice that parking facilities are not responsible for the cars. We just want to be sure that you know that up front. I'm glad the rest of your stay was pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lehigh Acres, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel was clean and was in a beautiful location right on the water. The Staff was friendly but easily distracted when requestiing help. For some reason they don't have NBC in the rooms (so if you are staying during football season you won't get to see Sunday Night football unless you go to the bar). Hogans Beach (Restaurant/Bar (Inside and Outside) was fun with a great view. The food was ok, a little over priced for what was served but overall worth it. We will stay here everytime we go to Tampa. It is close to Raymond James Stadium, Downtown and St Pete/Tampa Forum.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Alicia T,

Thank you for staying with us and saying that you will return. That's always the best compliment. I have shown the front desk staff your comment about them being easily distracted so they are aware of it. We do have NBC in the guest rooms, but, unfortunately on the day that you were here, it was not working and that was a football Sunday. We are working with the present cable company and looking into possibly changing companies to insure uninterrupted service in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!