“Needs revamping, but one million dollar view!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Courtney Campbell Cswy., Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Bay Harbor Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #83 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
“Needs revamping, but one million dollar view!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel right on Tampa Bay, amazing views.... Needs revamping, but could be fantastic for a family. Internet wax sketchy as I was there for business, mildly inconvenient. Close to airport and stadium, and again, million dollar view.

• Stayed June 2013
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jason C,

Thank you for your review and thank you for posting the picture. So many guests take that same shot to send to their family and friends. I am pleased to announce to you that the renovation of all our guest rooms has started. By the time of your next visit, we should have one available for you and we look forward to seeing you again.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great view. I had seen this listed through AAA and when we got to Tampa we wanted something close to Busch Gardens/Adventure Island/Lowry Park Zoo but close to Maderia Beach. Wanted something with a view and not COSTLY!!! This was the place!!!! Hogans Restaurant was good, were lucky to get a room as they had MermaPalooza and another gathering that weekend!! Internet was up and down.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Xrayme,

Thank you for the nice review about our nice view. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry about the Internet. The afternoon storms in the area have an effect on the reception and that's one thing we have no control over. I hope that won't stop you from returning the next time you are in the area. We're looking forward to seeing you again.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading all reviews I was afraid of visiting this hotel. Because of the great location I decided to give it a try. From the beginning I was highly surprised. My flight was delayed so I end up calling for a free shuttle few minutes after 10 pm (10 pm is their cut off time). Friendly driver still come to pick me up. Front desk stuff was professional and nice. They allowed me to upgrade for a little fee to a bay side. My room was clean and comfortable. I did not have enough washcloths in my bathroom so I called just before 11pm to a Front Desk to ask if they can deliver more in the morning but they said they can bring it right away. Housekeeper brought it to my room in less then 5 min with a smile on her face. In the morning I ordered breakfast to my room. Great value for a price. That encourage me to have a lunch in Hogan's later that day. I got an outside table. My steak was delicious, server and an atmosphere were great. When I went to the pool I saw bird poop inside in the pool. Few minutes after I reported that, they come to clean it. I love how this hotel stuff work together. Next time when I am in Tampa I will stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Alicia J.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, complimenting our staff. I will be sure to share it with all of them to let them know how much you appreciated their efforts. If you ever come back this way, please stop in again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel only 1 night due to the close distance to Tampa International Airport. The location is great, close to many shopping and restaurants areas. Sets on the Bay, which is very nice on the outside of property. I booked through Priceline so maybe I was just given the cheapest room and that was okay. It was a view of parking lot, and it was a handicap access room. I had no high expectations of this room, but did expect it to be clean, which it wasn't. There was hair everywhere on our beds, long hairs that were def. not ours! The bathroom was dirty, and the towels even looked dirty. Probably would not choose this hotel again.

Dear Beckie W.,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time and effort to let us know where we dropped the ball. We appreciate all comments, good and bad. You're right about the location and many travelers choose us for that reason. That being said, I'm really sorry about the condition of your room. Normally, when issues with the room arise, the front desk staff takes care of them immediately. I will pass your comments on to them, as well as to housekeeping. Please do not hesitate to choose our hotel the next time your plans bring you to this area.

clermont, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Terrible internet, Hogans restaurant is a joke. Bad food,and very expensive,dirty. The rooms are not very good either. The balcony has no privacy. Anyone could climb over the rail to every room. the sliding glass doors were so dirty you did not want to touch them. The only good thing about this stay is the bed was comfortable. For the money you spend here i recommend an extra 30 for the Westin across the street

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear James M.,

I am sorry for your experience at Hogan's Beach. Your feedback is helpful to us. I can tell you that we are coming out with a new menu that will offer more less expensive items. As part of our renovation project, partitions are going to be placed between the balconies and the sliding glass doors will get a thorough cleaning. Please visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Accord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I picked this place just because didn't know what to expect got here and what a surprise. The view of the bay is awesome and when you go to the restaurant you see the belts that Hulk Hogan won on display and I even got a picture with The mouth of the south Jimmy Hart. I will be back maybe I'll see Hulk next time. The food is really good a little pricey not enough but good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear cricardo,

We appreciate all the reviews on our property because they help us to improve where improvement is needed. It's always refreshing to get comments from some one who had a good experience and took the extra time to tell us about it. FYI, we are introducing a new menu in the restaurant, which will include more less expensive items. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a good hotel; little noisier than expected even on end away from restaurant with live music. Found it strange to have the fridge in the bathroom under sink where it was extremely hard to access since it was sitting on floor. Don't recommend Hogan's for breakfast unless you want to wait almost an hour for your food once you've placed order even though there were very few customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joy B.,

Thank you for your thoughts. They are helpful to us in planning. The refrigerators are currently located in the bathrooms on the tile floor, not in the rooms on the carpet. When our renovations are completed, the refrigerators and microwaves will be in a special cabinet in the main part of the room. I have addressed your comments about breakfast with the restaurant manager. I'm sorry that happened to you. We are taking steps to be sure it doesn't happen in the future. We are working on the staffing model and the menu. Please don't hesitate to visit us the next time you are in our area.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!