“Highly Recomanded” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Courtney Campbell Cswy., Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Bay Harbor Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #80 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Berlin, Germany
“Highly Recomanded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading all reviews I was afraid of visiting this hotel. Because of the great location I decided to give it a try. From the beginning I was highly surprised. My flight was delayed so I end up calling for a free shuttle few minutes after 10 pm (10 pm is their cut off time). Friendly driver still come to pick me up. Front desk stuff was professional and nice. They allowed me to upgrade for a little fee to a bay side. My room was clean and comfortable. I did not have enough washcloths in my bathroom so I called just before 11pm to a Front Desk to ask if they can deliver more in the morning but they said they can bring it right away. Housekeeper brought it to my room in less then 5 min with a smile on her face. In the morning I ordered breakfast to my room. Great value for a price. That encourage me to have a lunch in Hogan's later that day. I got an outside table. My steak was delicious, server and an atmosphere were great. When I went to the pool I saw bird poop inside in the pool. Few minutes after I reported that, they come to clean it. I love how this hotel stuff work together. Next time when I am in Tampa I will stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Alicia J.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, complimenting our staff. I will be sure to share it with all of them to let them know how much you appreciated their efforts. If you ever come back this way, please stop in again.

Robert D,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel only 1 night due to the close distance to Tampa International Airport. The location is great, close to many shopping and restaurants areas. Sets on the Bay, which is very nice on the outside of property. I booked through Priceline so maybe I was just given the cheapest room and that was okay. It was a view of parking lot, and it was a handicap access room. I had no high expectations of this room, but did expect it to be clean, which it wasn't. There was hair everywhere on our beds, long hairs that were def. not ours! The bathroom was dirty, and the towels even looked dirty. Probably would not choose this hotel again.

Dear Beckie W.,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time and effort to let us know where we dropped the ball. We appreciate all comments, good and bad. You're right about the location and many travelers choose us for that reason. That being said, I'm really sorry about the condition of your room. Normally, when issues with the room arise, the front desk staff takes care of them immediately. I will pass your comments on to them, as well as to housekeeping. Please do not hesitate to choose our hotel the next time your plans bring you to this area.

clermont, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Terrible internet, Hogans restaurant is a joke. Bad food,and very expensive,dirty. The rooms are not very good either. The balcony has no privacy. Anyone could climb over the rail to every room. the sliding glass doors were so dirty you did not want to touch them. The only good thing about this stay is the bed was comfortable. For the money you spend here i recommend an extra 30 for the Westin across the street

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear James M.,

I am sorry for your experience at Hogan's Beach. Your feedback is helpful to us. I can tell you that we are coming out with a new menu that will offer more less expensive items. As part of our renovation project, partitions are going to be placed between the balconies and the sliding glass doors will get a thorough cleaning. Please visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Accord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I picked this place just because didn't know what to expect got here and what a surprise. The view of the bay is awesome and when you go to the restaurant you see the belts that Hulk Hogan won on display and I even got a picture with The mouth of the south Jimmy Hart. I will be back maybe I'll see Hulk next time. The food is really good a little pricey not enough but good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear cricardo,

We appreciate all the reviews on our property because they help us to improve where improvement is needed. It's always refreshing to get comments from some one who had a good experience and took the extra time to tell us about it. FYI, we are introducing a new menu in the restaurant, which will include more less expensive items. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a good hotel; little noisier than expected even on end away from restaurant with live music. Found it strange to have the fridge in the bathroom under sink where it was extremely hard to access since it was sitting on floor. Don't recommend Hogan's for breakfast unless you want to wait almost an hour for your food once you've placed order even though there were very few customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joy B.,

Thank you for your thoughts. They are helpful to us in planning. The refrigerators are currently located in the bathrooms on the tile floor, not in the rooms on the carpet. When our renovations are completed, the refrigerators and microwaves will be in a special cabinet in the main part of the room. I have addressed your comments about breakfast with the restaurant manager. I'm sorry that happened to you. We are taking steps to be sure it doesn't happen in the future. We are working on the staffing model and the menu. Please don't hesitate to visit us the next time you are in our area.

bikerb
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have used Best Western on business and pleasure for many years but have never seen one in such poor condition as BaY Harbor in Tampa. The lobby is tastefully decorated and everybody is courteous, but when I laid on my bed in Rm. 417 there was Black Mold (Mlldew) seeping through the ceiling directly over my body and face.

Dear bykryd,

Thank for taking the time to post your detailed review of our hotel. I appreciate all your comments and I am sorry about the mildew. We are currently in the midst of a multimillion dollar renovation, which includes re-doing all the ceilings. Please visit us again the next time you are in the area and let us know immediately of any problems or situations that may arise, so that we may make your stay more enjoyable.

Robert D.
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We choose this hotel for location, comfort and the tiki bar. For this overnight stay, we arrived to find the tiki bar closed for a private function. Big disappointment, but the good staff and comfortable room were still just as we expected.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Future Floridian,

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry we only scored 2 out of 3. The tiki bar is a favorite spot for many special events, as well as for our hotel guests. We try our best to offer alternatives when we have to close off an area. There is seating outside the restaurant which offers food and beverage service. Back by popular demand, we have reinstated poolside service for food and beverages. You can always call ahead and find out the status of anything that might be of special interest to you. I hope that you will continue to visit us on an ongoing basis. Thank you for your loyalty.

Robert D, Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!