“Slow internet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Courtney Campbell Cswy., Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Bay Harbor Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #80 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The view was great and the hotel was in a good location, but the beds were hard and the white sheets needed to be changed. A concert was going on in the bar next door to the hotel which made for loud music throughout the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at a best western in Orlando with my grandmother we were going to universal before I flew home out of Tampa the next day. The best western had no one at front desk to help us try and check out or find another room in Tampa. Finally guy selling universal tickets said to just use the computer. So we did. Well somehow the date was wrong when we drove all this way to the hotel in Tampa the lady was rude to my grandmother and said we have to call this number to get the reservation canceled. So I did and person there said no the hotel had to. My phone was dead from using navigation and we now owed for a room still that and couldn't use the money for the hotel we needed or the night. I went back into her she was standing talking to two men in lobby that were drinking and flirting. I had to get her attention to help again. She said nope it won't let me click and cancel it sorry for the issue. My grandmother had to drive 3 hours in the dark when she can't see with no GPS or anything just written directions back to her condo- and we still have no resolution. Worst experience for a motel ever all we wanted was it canceled

• Stayed March 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had booked a room at the motel for 2 days while attending a class there and paid extra for an ocean view room. By the time my flight landed & I arrived at the motel, it was 12:45 PM. I was informed by the staff that I, and 3 other people who were there at the same time, were to be sent to their "sister hotel". This turned out to be a very ratty old motel that was in an entirely different city, in the same block as a strip club. I was assured that their shuttle would get me in the morning in time for me to make it back for my class. I called at 7:00 the next morning and was told the shuttle was on it's way. I called back at 7:40 and the shuttle had not yet left for me. I had to pay $37 for a cab ride to get back. I attempted to cancel my reservation for the second night but was told I would have to pay for both nights anyway so I stayed. The room was in need of renovations once I actually checked in. One of the two elevators was not working the entire time I was there. I spoke to several members of the staff, none of whom showed any interest in my problems and they have thus far refused to refund the rate I paid for the ocean view room in relation to the roach motel where they sent me for the first night, much less the cost of my cab ride. I was so displeased with this experience that I currently plan to no longer use the Best Western franchise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
newbliss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

After cruising around Florida, getting ripped off by other hotels taking advantage of Presidents Day weekend travelers, we were cautious of this place. $100:00 taxes included seemed too cheap. Two days earlier we paid $150:00 for a dump in Naples. We figured it was just a place to sleep. We arrived late and tired with 2 sleepy kids and was pleasantly surprised. Duvets on the beds. Comfortable beds. Very clean and convenient location. Best value in a weeks travelling throughout Florida .

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you get a room on the bay side, the views are wonderful, but....the balconies have no privacy! You can see the entire length of the building and the only thing separating you from your adjoining balconies is a smal 3 foot high rail fence. Make sure you use the security locks and drop bar on the sliding doors, becuase it would be easy to get to any room via the balconies. And the rooms have no safes for valuables so be cautious.

Our room had a dirty bathroom sink when we arrived; a room service tray sat outside a room for over 3 days, even after I called the restaurant. The hotel did get someone to clear the sink, blockage was causing a slow drain and backup resulted.

This place is old and only the exterior and the lobby appear to be kept up to snuff.

Hogan's beach is a good restaurant and they have a beach volleyball complex; but be prepared for late night exuberance from that.

Room Tip: Only the views from the bay-side rooms make this a worthwhile hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are visiting from the UK and have just spent two nights here. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. We had a very pleasant visit and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. We ate in Hogan's Beach which is the name of the restaurant here at the hotel and were delighted with our choices. Yes, it was noisy, but it was Valentine's Day and many people were dining out! The fish dishes we chose were excellent as was the service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!