“GREAT FOOD AND LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rantoul
“GREAT FOOD AND LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend continuing education conference. The accommodations were very nice.......but the location and food were superb!!!! The staff were all very professional and friendly. The bistro restaurant (1823) serves great drinks and 5 star quality food. The Oystercatcher (seafood) was a great place for drinks, a view of the bay, and incredible seafood. Armoni's (expensive) also has a great view from atop the restaurant and great Northern Italian cuisine. The hotel is convenient to the airport and shopping if you need those services. However, we just enjoyed our stay so much we did not feel the need to leave the property. We will definitely stay there again when we are in the Tampa area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, yesterday
Greetings,
Thank you for reviewing Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am just thrilled that you loved our location! The staff here are truly wonderful and I am glad they took good care of you. I am very happy you were able to enjoy all of our dining options, especially the great views at Oystercatcher. I hope you will be able to come back and stay with us again soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt!

Safe Travels,

Rebecca P
Hyatt Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family was just there for 3 nights for my conference. I didn't expect much because it was an airport hotel which was probably catering towards conference attendees. And it was true. There were multiple conferences going on at the same time along with my meeting. But here are some surprises; boy, the staffs were friendly and very professional, from a shuttle driver to front desk folks to pool-side bartender. Very very friendly and well trained. We didn't encounter, not one unpleasant issue with anyone there. While I was attending my conference, my wife and my 5 y.o. daughter spent the days at the pool. They enjoyed the pool and surroundings, especially the pool next to Oystercatchers restaurant. We had a bayview room on 10th floor. The view was quite amazing. We ate all our meals in the hotel. Tried both Armani's and Oystercatchers for dinner and "1823 Kitchen and Bar" for the breakfast. And couple of mornings, we just order room service for breakfast. Food at both Armani's and Oystercatchers were good. Good enough for $200 tab for 3 of us?? Well, I guess maybe or maybe not. Wife seemed to enjoyed the food at Oystercatcher better. As for me, I couldn't tell the difference. We're from NYC area and are used to $200 tabs for a meal but they are very good in NYC. Breakfast buffet at 1823 Kitchen and Bar? I guess it's pretty good. If you don't want to eat at the hotel, the shuttle will take you to a nearby shopping mall and I guess you can find other restaurants there. All and all, our family enjoyed staying there very much and the hotel is very clean. For a short weekend trip, I wouldn't mind bringing my family back to this hotel. So close to the airport... our flight back home was 12:05 pm and we left the hotel with their shuttle at 11;00am. We still had time to sit and wait by the gate for about 20 mins. That was just simply great !! Now, I'm looking at my schedules to see if I have any Friday and Saturday off together. :)
Oh, by the way, the views from Armani's and Oystercatchers during the sunset was quite beautiful. Wife enjoyed it a lot.

Room Tip: bayview is very nice
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel with lovely grounds. The rooms are modern, spacious and clean. We opted for the Bay View Room, which was just splendid. The morning view is well worth it and very relaxing. The staff are wonderful. I will pay special attention to the driving staff, who were amazing. We were driven to several restaurants within the area, which saved us from getting a taxi. This may seem small, but it certainly personalized the service. The hotel has a great shuttle service. We just called the hotel and it arrived in minutes. We were consistently greeted with smiling staff who couldn't do enough.

The hotel is a little far from downtown Tampa and there isn't much around the hotel. However, we would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Bay view room are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Location was very good with easy access to events in Tampa, St Petersburg, & Clearwater. Close to the Tampa airport. The hotel is an attractive facility especially when lit up at night. Parking was ample and free.

Some basic room appointments were missing, like the hotel directory. We stayed for 3 nights. Room service never made an appearance one of those nights. When we got back at 9 pm, it just didn't seem worth the effort to call and made do with the remaining linens. The 35 acres of surrounding wildlife preserves amounted to about a 5 minute walk on a composite wood walkway.

Noise from the hallway readily carried into the room. Room was well appointed in need of only minor repair (nicks and dents in furniture). Some things were grossly overpriced, like $20 to rent a movie. The view out our window was possibly one of the worse I ever experienced. Our window opened onto a vista of a black tar roof complete with air ducts, which lead the eye to the picturesque parking lot.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Junglinster, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I last stayed here about 4 years ago. The (rumoured) $22m makeover is evident as soon as you look through the glass entry doors!

The rooms, facilities and hotel restaurants were all very good.

I'll be back in May, so don't let me down!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Location right on the water and airport (literally 2 minutes from airport) Nice pool area and outdoor bar. Rooms were very nice - beds comfortable. Staff very nice and accommodating Good value - you can receive a discount if you have a AAA card - would definitely stay there again when in the area. (Be sure and try the on location restaurant Oystercatchers - not your typical hotel restaurant and there is a nice eco-style walkway directly to the restaurant. Great food and wine there)

Room Tip: room facing water better than airport (jet noise)
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hampstead, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great hotel. The service is top notch - we reserved a room thru Priceline "deals" side - check-in was a breeze and we were even able to upgrade to an executive suite for a reasonable fee for our 2 nights. Both pools, one off the main lobby and one at the "beach" area are small but well cared for and have poolside service. Our room was clean and comfortable, and very spacious with the exec suite upgrade. We had dinner at Oystercatcher, the waterfront seafood restaurant on-site. Food was excellent, they have a nice wine list, and service was outstanding.

Room Tip: Request a water view if available.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for expressing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great time and you enjoyed our great hotel and our top notch service you received during the stay. Also, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded, clean, and comfortable room and the Excellent food and service provided by the Oystercatcher one of our waterfront seafood restaurant. Your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!