“Fabulous stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Fabulous stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of nights here over the 4th of July and our stay was marvelous. We had a nice sized room overlooking the bay, which coincidentally gave us a spectacular viewing area for fireworks! The bed was very comfortable. We had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant and the food was very good. One afternoon we came back to the room and they had lemonade and cookies just off to the side of the lobby. We walked by the pool area, but did not use it. It looked a little small and because of such, it was a tad crowded. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Overall, we really enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here two non-consecutive nights in the same week. We only planned to stay one night but the experience was so gratifying that we decided to stay again.

We could tell almost immediately that this was a well-managed property; from the time we pulled up to the entrance and the smiling bellhops greeted us. All of the hotel staff we encountered were genuinely very friendly.

The Hotel has complimentary parking in a covered parking garage close to the hotel and you can actually find a spot easily.

The front desk clerk upgraded us to a bay view room with a spectacular view of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg. The room was immaculately clean and looked like it had been recently updated. The pillows and mattresses were very comfortable. The Hotel itself is quiet, which is nice for someone who is a light sleeper.

We had dinner that night at their restaurant Oyster Catchers. The fried whole Red snapper was out of this world; the service even better. Our waiter, who worked at the Hotel for 20 years, was so warm and friendly and him along with Rafael the busser were so quick and efficient in their service. We did notice our waiter as he was clearing a table drop and break a glass, but he wasn’t the least bit flustered, and he and Rafael cleaned up the mess so quickly it was like it didn’t even happen.

Alan who brought our luggage up to our room was so polite and friendly it felt like I had known him for years. And we can’t forget Lila from Belarus the Hostess in the breakfast buffet. She was so kind to us that she made us feel like family.
The weather during our stay was cool and rainy, but thankfully they heat the swimming pool. It could have been a little warmer, but certainly warm enough to do my laps. The pool area was very clean and nicely landscaped with Date and Foxtail Palms. We discovered on our second stay, a pier near Oyster Catchers that goes out into Tampa Bay. At the end of the pier were two Adirondack chairs. My wife and I sat down in the chairs and witnessed the most spectacular sunset over Tampa Bay. As a second treat, we were able to see several sharks and Manatee swimming around right below our feet.

Kudos goes out to this Hotel’s General Manager and his/her fine staff. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hugh1000,

I am so pleased to hear that all of the efforts made by each staff member during your stay made such a big impression. Also, I am glad you enjoyed Oyster Catchers, it's one of my favorites. I hope you will come back and visit soon.

Best wishes,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed in the Casitas which are amazing rooms located on the Grand Hyatt property but resemble small houses. It was quiet and surrounded by green and walking paths. I was only there for a night but was an amazing night. The Casitas are a short walk from the main hotel but offers great scenery and access to the pool, Oystercatchers restaurant, and close proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Stay in the Casitas.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cimoan A,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your night's stay in one of our casitas! Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Regards,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed the night for a birthday, had a room overlooking Tampa Bay and the Courtney Campbell Causeway leading into Clearwater. The view was terrific, the room was very nicely appointed and immaculate. Staff was on the ball and very efficient. Top floor is Armani's restaurant which I would highly recommend as a part of your stay. Great place for couples.

Room Tip: Choose the Bayview rooms for the best views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday celebration at our property. It is always fantastic to hear when our guests have an outstanding experience. I am thrilled you found your guestroom to be nicely appointed and immaculate. I will be sure to share your praise with our management team. We look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Breakfast menu was great. The down sides for me were mostly the perfumed smell in the lobby and the bathroom shower tiles and disinfectant smell. The smells were over powering. Also the wait staff uniforms looked more appropriate for maintenance staff than food service, overall not for me.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was the most romantic hotel I've visited in a long time. The views from our room was breath taking. We also had dinner on the 16th floor and the view from Armani's was spectacular as well. I loved the modern/ chic room decor and the bed was very comfy as was the pillows. Take time to explore the grounds- there is a nature walk as well as hammocks to watch the stars. I thought the pool looked a bit small for such a large hotel- but from 14 floors up maybe it just looked small. The customer service as we checked in was outstanding- friendly and courteous. I will be planning a return trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Your kind words are truly appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you had such a memorable experience at our property. We have some of the best views of the bay. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your dinner at Armani's. They offer delicious food and breathtaking views. Your recommendation and feedback are our biggest compliment. We definitely look forward to your return trip as well!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Although at first I was taken by the fact that this hotel was located right by the airport, the location was actually one of its pros. I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hyatt. The room was big and grand. The lobby was very nice. And, the gym was excellent. It had enough weights and machines to actually have a good workout. I didn't try the food, but I heard it was good. The two pool areas are smaller than a conventional resort hotel, but the Pools are definitely well maintained. All and all I think this is a great hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to review the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to hear how accommodating our property was for you. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Best Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!