“THE VIEWS!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“THE VIEWS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was the most romantic hotel I've visited in a long time. The views from our room was breath taking. We also had dinner on the 16th floor and the view from Armani's was spectacular as well. I loved the modern/ chic room decor and the bed was very comfy as was the pillows. Take time to explore the grounds- there is a nature walk as well as hammocks to watch the stars. I thought the pool looked a bit small for such a large hotel- but from 14 floors up maybe it just looked small. The customer service as we checked in was outstanding- friendly and courteous. I will be planning a return trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Your kind words are truly appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you had such a memorable experience at our property. We have some of the best views of the bay. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your dinner at Armani's. They offer delicious food and breathtaking views. Your recommendation and feedback are our biggest compliment. We definitely look forward to your return trip as well!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Although at first I was taken by the fact that this hotel was located right by the airport, the location was actually one of its pros. I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hyatt. The room was big and grand. The lobby was very nice. And, the gym was excellent. It had enough weights and machines to actually have a good workout. I didn't try the food, but I heard it was good. The two pool areas are smaller than a conventional resort hotel, but the Pools are definitely well maintained. All and all I think this is a great hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to review the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to hear how accommodating our property was for you. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Best Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Service was outstanding. Front desk staff extremely courteous and friendly. Armani's restaurant is a great dining experience. Well maintained grounds convenient location with free shuttle service to airport and area malls. 2 pools with umbrellas for shade. We enjoyed the nature walk over to the Casitas pool on the bay. There are pool bars, food available at the pools, tennis courts, a signed nature walk, 2 full service restaurants and a lite bites dining I the lobby bar. Overall an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade and enjoy the Bay view
Green Features: Standard top chain practices in place this property is a GreenLeaders silver level
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking your time to review the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed both the services and property during your stay. We hope you get an opportunity to return.
Best Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

When I arrived at this hotel I was very surprised at how beautiful it was. The entrance is gorgeous. The hotel is very clean and contemporary. This hotel has the best customer service I have ever experienced. It’s secluded so the privacy is great. The rooms are very contemporary and roomy. The pool area is wonderful and I was very happy to see that they have a handicap lift to help handicapped people get into and out of the pool. They also have a Jacuzzi and an area for weddings. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed the rooms as well as the amenities provided. We aim to provide an unforgettable experience for all our guests from all walks of life. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Mount Dora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel was very modern, chic, and impressive. The rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable, and had every amenity we could have asked for. We also had a beautiful view of the ocean -- look out your window and all you see is blue, sparkling water.

My only complaint is that the doors are very heavy and when people leave their rooms, I could hear the constant door slamming. Our room was at the very end of the hallway, but I could still hear the noise at all hours. Other than that, I really did enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

youd think given the high traffic count nearby that this would not be a getaway. wrong! really pleasant grounds, nice beds and rooms, and they don't nickel and dime you about parking etc.
a very pleasant experience

Room Tip: every room is a good room
Green Features: they do all they can or that I can think of that they should do
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide details of our experience at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, parking facilities, the grounds and the tranquility of our location. I get that feedback from several guests regarding how the hotel is quiet given that we are in a busy area. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the management staff. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference, and was very pleased with this hotel. They had some construction going on near the lobby, but I never heard any noise, nor did it bother me in any way. Staff was friendly and helpful, and I really loved that parking was complimentary and in a garage. My room was beautiful and spacious, and I slept soundly on the ever-comfortable Hyatt Grand Bed. The Lounge was always well stocked with drinks and snacks, and breakfast and evening selections were sufficient and tasty. The lounge is closed on weekends, so if you're a Diamond guest, you'll get breakfast in the restaurant, where the food was good and the service attentive. The hotel seems to be centrally located, and it was easy for me to find my way around town. They do offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport, as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. The complimentary parking and airport shuttle certainly are wonderful benefits for our guests and I’m glad you found these things to be advantageous, as well. I’m delighted that you found your room to be spacious and your bed to comfortable. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Club lounge and breakfast as one of our Diamond members! It is fantastic that you enjoyed both the Club offerings, as well as the service and food you received for breakfast in the restaurant. I hope can welcome you back again on your next trip to Tampa.

Abrea H – Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!