“Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

When I arrived at this hotel I was very surprised at how beautiful it was. The entrance is gorgeous. The hotel is very clean and contemporary. This hotel has the best customer service I have ever experienced. It’s secluded so the privacy is great. The rooms are very contemporary and roomy. The pool area is wonderful and I was very happy to see that they have a handicap lift to help handicapped people get into and out of the pool. They also have a Jacuzzi and an area for weddings. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed the rooms as well as the amenities provided. We aim to provide an unforgettable experience for all our guests from all walks of life. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

955 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Mount Dora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel was very modern, chic, and impressive. The rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable, and had every amenity we could have asked for. We also had a beautiful view of the ocean -- look out your window and all you see is blue, sparkling water.

My only complaint is that the doors are very heavy and when people leave their rooms, I could hear the constant door slamming. Our room was at the very end of the hallway, but I could still hear the noise at all hours. Other than that, I really did enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

youd think given the high traffic count nearby that this would not be a getaway. wrong! really pleasant grounds, nice beds and rooms, and they don't nickel and dime you about parking etc.
a very pleasant experience

Room Tip: every room is a good room
Green Features: they do all they can or that I can think of that they should do
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide details of our experience at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, parking facilities, the grounds and the tranquility of our location. I get that feedback from several guests regarding how the hotel is quiet given that we are in a busy area. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the management staff. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference, and was very pleased with this hotel. They had some construction going on near the lobby, but I never heard any noise, nor did it bother me in any way. Staff was friendly and helpful, and I really loved that parking was complimentary and in a garage. My room was beautiful and spacious, and I slept soundly on the ever-comfortable Hyatt Grand Bed. The Lounge was always well stocked with drinks and snacks, and breakfast and evening selections were sufficient and tasty. The lounge is closed on weekends, so if you're a Diamond guest, you'll get breakfast in the restaurant, where the food was good and the service attentive. The hotel seems to be centrally located, and it was easy for me to find my way around town. They do offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport, as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. The complimentary parking and airport shuttle certainly are wonderful benefits for our guests and I’m glad you found these things to be advantageous, as well. I’m delighted that you found your room to be spacious and your bed to comfortable. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Club lounge and breakfast as one of our Diamond members! It is fantastic that you enjoyed both the Club offerings, as well as the service and food you received for breakfast in the restaurant. I hope can welcome you back again on your next trip to Tampa.

Abrea H – Guest Relations Associate
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel was perfect for a weekend getaway and is only minutes from Clearwater beach. Customer service was excellent and the food was on point! I'll definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for real quality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
internetenthusiast,

Thank you for the review! I'm glad the efforts of our staff and the quality food made your time with us enjoyable. I hope you will come back and visit again.

Regards,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate
Melbourne, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had a meeting in Tampa and made a reservation at the Grand Hyatt. The hotel is centrally located in Tampa, near the airport and downtown. The hotel offers great views of the Tampa Bay and is posh in the exterior and interior of the buildings. I enjoyed my more which was spacious and well equipped. The bed was comfortable and they provided all the amenities. I also enjoyed breakfast in the morning in the hotel restaurant which included a made to cook omelet and a breakfast buffet. Highly recommend to anyone coming to the city.

Room Tip: Higher floor offer a better view of Tampa Bay
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in January of 2014. We had to book a room last minute as we decided to travel to Tampa from Florida's east coast to see some friends who flew into Tampa. We settled on the Grand Hyatt and are glad that we did. Since we had our dog with us, we were placed in one of the newly remolded casitas located on the south end of the property. No joke, the particular room we stayed in is probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. A comfortable king sized bed, modern, clean furnishings, a huge shower and French doors that opened up to our own patio were just some of the perks of our stay. We dined at Oystercatchers and the bar in the main hotel. Both had great food and good beer on tap. One of the beer selections was Cigar City Brewing's Jai Alai. What a delight! A few other perks were the pool area, waterside fire pit, hammocks and beautiful walking trails. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a little more privacy, opt for the casitas.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for having stayed with us! I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay at the hotel and enjoyed the facilities we had to offer. I hope you return soon to enjoy some more of the Jai Alai!

Belinda M - Guest Relations

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!