“Grat location - Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Grat location - Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had a meeting in Tampa and made a reservation at the Grand Hyatt. The hotel is centrally located in Tampa, near the airport and downtown. The hotel offers great views of the Tampa Bay and is posh in the exterior and interior of the buildings. I enjoyed my more which was spacious and well equipped. The bed was comfortable and they provided all the amenities. I also enjoyed breakfast in the morning in the hotel restaurant which included a made to cook omelet and a breakfast buffet. Highly recommend to anyone coming to the city.

Room Tip: Higher floor offer a better view of Tampa Bay
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

963 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in January of 2014. We had to book a room last minute as we decided to travel to Tampa from Florida's east coast to see some friends who flew into Tampa. We settled on the Grand Hyatt and are glad that we did. Since we had our dog with us, we were placed in one of the newly remolded casitas located on the south end of the property. No joke, the particular room we stayed in is probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. A comfortable king sized bed, modern, clean furnishings, a huge shower and French doors that opened up to our own patio were just some of the perks of our stay. We dined at Oystercatchers and the bar in the main hotel. Both had great food and good beer on tap. One of the beer selections was Cigar City Brewing's Jai Alai. What a delight! A few other perks were the pool area, waterside fire pit, hammocks and beautiful walking trails. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a little more privacy, opt for the casitas.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for having stayed with us! I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay at the hotel and enjoyed the facilities we had to offer. I hope you return soon to enjoy some more of the Jai Alai!

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked this last minute on a third party site and got a great deal for a Saturday stay. I live in the area and I hadn't been to the property since it was renovated and was very pleasantly surprised. First off, I must say the customer service here is impeccable. From the moment I stepped out of my vehicle I was greeted by the bell staff who ushered me to the great front desk clerks. The housemen who got me a bottle opener, the pool attendants/bartenders - all were great - very friendly. Free parking was also nice along with free wi-fi and bottles of water. (I was told it was Customer Appreciation month)

The guestroom was nicely decorated and clean, the bed was very comfortable and there was a refrigerator to keep the drinks cool. We were on the side facing the airport and I was surprised that the airport noise was not as bad as anticipated - if you want a view I would recommend the other side of the property facing Tampa Bay. We went to the pool by Oystercatchers restaurant and it was a really nice setting - chaise lounges with umbrellas, a mini beach/sandy area and some hammocks in the shade. A nice touch was that they were providing mini bottles of water and iced fruit kebabs throughout our visit. My only negative was that we each had 2 Daquiris and the bill was $60.00! I really wouldn't have a problem paying that much if they were worth it in size/taste but they came in mini, plastic cups - not worth it.

All in all, I will definitely be back but there are a lot of options for drinking and dining off site via a short taxi ride if you want to save a little money on food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I live in Tampa Bay, yet this is one of our favorite hotels to "get away". Near the airport with a shuttle, VIEWS that rival anywhere in the world and two of the best special restaurants in the state, Oyster Catchers and Armanis....truly memorable. The rooms are spacious with big windows overlooking the bay and bay bridges, or back to the city skyline.

Room Tip: We prefer the Bay view suite for long weekend stays. The corners are our favorites and if you get on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having just read the previous reviews and having stayed in other "Grand Hyatt Resorts" I think now that disappointing is a little under stated.
We were meeting our daughter having not seen her or our grandsons for months, my daughter tried on four occasions to reserve two rooms, she was unable to, the reservation was finally made through Amex who were very happy to assist even though the hotel were not able to reserve us a room??
My husband explained this on arrival we were not able to have a casita. The rooms were fine.
We were given a credit for breakfast which was an extremely busy affair our table unfortunately had an unclean smell, my husband did not even attempt breakfast, my daughter had a hair in her porridge when we explained this on checkout the receptionist said 'oh I am sorry ' .
No we would not return as at this particular resort we did not find the normal service that you find at a Hyatt.

Room Tip: High level
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend in June to attend a wedding. Very easy access to Tampa, St Petersburg, shopping malls. Free parking in the hotel lot was very much appreciated for me and my visitors. Just drive in!

The facilities in the hotel including pool/sun loungers, small beach area, boardwalk and gazebo, gym and lobby were really great and the trip was wonderful.

The breakfast buffet was great, the personalised omelette I had both mornings was outstanding and the breakfast room table service was notable in that it was extremely calm and friendly. The staff made time to say hi and chat briefly which was most appreciated.

Overall I couldn’t fault this hotel and would chose this destination and hotel again in view of the superb service and amenities.

Room Tip: View of the bay is a nice feature
Green Features: Fantastic board-walk/gazebo and bayside beach area which is just stunning.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is truly a beautiful hotel. I was quite impressed with it. The staff was excellent. They exceeded our already high expectations. The room was so nice and very comfortable. It was large for a downtown hotel. I am looking forward to our next stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!