“Top Notch Hotel, near Airport but you wouldn't know it” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Isle of Skye Scotland
“Top Notch Hotel, near Airport but you wouldn't know it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A really nice upscale hotel which is near the Tampa airport. It has it's own garden grounds with walks, two pools and all the usual upscale amenities you would expect. Superb Italian restaurant on 14th Floor. Super-friendly, helpful staff.
We're going back. Says it all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the parking garage
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Freehold
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was comfy, slept well. Room service was prompt. My room had NO hairdryer and tissues only in the bathroom.
Oyster catchers was on the hotel property a ten minute walk or short shuttle ride, the food was pretty good. I wanted Oyster Rockefeller for lunch and they said they wouldn't make (it is on the dinner menu), come on now this place has a sous chef and a executive chef there was no excuse for them not to make it. I am speaking as a retired chef myself.
I gave this a 4 star rating because the of the hotel the food was pretty good (I had the Mahi-Mahi). But NO EXCUSE for not making the Oyster Rockefeller. Don't confuse Oyster Catchers with Armani's on the 14th floor that will be a whole separate review.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is the best hotel in town.Great Resturants and large rooms.The view was so great I never shut my curtain.Does need a bigger pool and hot tub.Staff was friendly.Breakfast was overpriced.Like the airport/mall shuttle.Would be nice in rooms had balconys. A great place for weddings and romantic dinners at Armanis.

Room Tip: Get one on a higher floor for great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear kat j,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay as our guest. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

With our hectic lives, my wife and I try to take time to renew ourselves and this trip we were treated to an exceptional property in Central Florida. When we arrived on property we were first taken by the meticulous appointments from the landscaping to the décor. Our room was very spacious and the mattress was very comfortable. The best part of the property is the boardwalk along the bay, which was awesome at sunset and seating with an amazing view of the bay from the Ocean Catcher restaurant. The staff was very welcoming and attentive to our needs. Great job and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Request a room on the bayside of the hotel to enjoy the sunset
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Elgin C,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your getaway weekend as our guest. Our guest rooms provide guests some of the best views in the area. Hyatt takes great pride with our employees exceeding your expectations. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back, as our guests, on your next visit to Tampa.

Selby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel stands in a great spot on the bay and as decor to a high standard. I was disappointed on all other aspects right from the start.
At checking I was informed that bed and breakfast was only for two guest out of the 4 of us in the room (2 adults 2 children) although when booking this was not shown and also on the confirmation email.

Got to the room and found 2 small double beds by American standards, even English.

Only 2 packets of coffee, milk etc. between use, I know I could ask for more, but why should I, why not put them there to start with. Two small bottles of water a $2.50 each.

In the room 1145 at 3am the inconsiderate, disrespectful occupants of room 1147 (next door) arrived with a number of others talking loudly and laughing and joking. After 30 mins and all of us awake, I went to knock on the door, no answer but it went instantly quiet for 2 mins. Started again, so called reception and someone came up straight away. It went on for over an hour.

Breakfast seemed disorganised like they'd never done it before and ran out of plates for quite a long time.
On the plus the view is great.

Late checkout is a bonus and the pool area is good for relaxing before a long haul flight.

Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

freeway exits on veterans parkway got me a little confused on getting there but its a great property with a convenient parking deck. Spectacular views from the 14th floor restaurant, two pool areas for lounging, attentive staff, and not ridiculously expensive. Just remember its on the bay, not the ocean and it can smell a little swampy.

Room Tip: try to get a high floor bay view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have never written a review on tripadvisor but I go on it all the time before I travel. I felt compelled to write this review because I am so impressed with the staff. I should note that I am a frequent traveler and a gold member with Marriot. I first picked this hotel because I wanted a different experience in Tampa ( I'm here about once a month). I am writing this as I am staying here for the second time. Now that I have experienced the level of service at the Grand Hyatt, I can't see going back to the Marriot in this area. I'm sorry I can't remember everyone's name but Regina the concierge was so helpful and the staff at Armani's was exceptional. Everywhere people were friendly and helpful.
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear dd1828,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much our employees exceeded your expectations. They will be recognized for this. I am glad you enjoyed delicious meals at Armani's. It will be my pleasure to continue to welcome you back as our guest on your upcoming stays with us.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!