“Great Romantic Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocala, Florida
“Great Romantic Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

With our hectic lives, my wife and I try to take time to renew ourselves and this trip we were treated to an exceptional property in Central Florida. When we arrived on property we were first taken by the meticulous appointments from the landscaping to the décor. Our room was very spacious and the mattress was very comfortable. The best part of the property is the boardwalk along the bay, which was awesome at sunset and seating with an amazing view of the bay from the Ocean Catcher restaurant. The staff was very welcoming and attentive to our needs. Great job and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Request a room on the bayside of the hotel to enjoy the sunset
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Elgin C,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your getaway weekend as our guest. Our guest rooms provide guests some of the best views in the area. Hyatt takes great pride with our employees exceeding your expectations. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back, as our guests, on your next visit to Tampa.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Selby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel stands in a great spot on the bay and as decor to a high standard. I was disappointed on all other aspects right from the start.
At checking I was informed that bed and breakfast was only for two guest out of the 4 of us in the room (2 adults 2 children) although when booking this was not shown and also on the confirmation email.

Got to the room and found 2 small double beds by American standards, even English.

Only 2 packets of coffee, milk etc. between use, I know I could ask for more, but why should I, why not put them there to start with. Two small bottles of water a $2.50 each.

In the room 1145 at 3am the inconsiderate, disrespectful occupants of room 1147 (next door) arrived with a number of others talking loudly and laughing and joking. After 30 mins and all of us awake, I went to knock on the door, no answer but it went instantly quiet for 2 mins. Started again, so called reception and someone came up straight away. It went on for over an hour.

Breakfast seemed disorganised like they'd never done it before and ran out of plates for quite a long time.
On the plus the view is great.

Late checkout is a bonus and the pool area is good for relaxing before a long haul flight.

Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

freeway exits on veterans parkway got me a little confused on getting there but its a great property with a convenient parking deck. Spectacular views from the 14th floor restaurant, two pool areas for lounging, attentive staff, and not ridiculously expensive. Just remember its on the bay, not the ocean and it can smell a little swampy.

Room Tip: try to get a high floor bay view.
Laurel,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have never written a review on tripadvisor but I go on it all the time before I travel. I felt compelled to write this review because I am so impressed with the staff. I should note that I am a frequent traveler and a gold member with Marriot. I first picked this hotel because I wanted a different experience in Tampa ( I'm here about once a month). I am writing this as I am staying here for the second time. Now that I have experienced the level of service at the Grand Hyatt, I can't see going back to the Marriot in this area. I'm sorry I can't remember everyone's name but Regina the concierge was so helpful and the staff at Armani's was exceptional. Everywhere people were friendly and helpful.
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear dd1828,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much our employees exceeded your expectations. They will be recognized for this. I am glad you enjoyed delicious meals at Armani's. It will be my pleasure to continue to welcome you back as our guest on your upcoming stays with us.

West Hempstead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Checked into hotel in late October. . They didn't have our reservation, but immediately got on the phone with rewards desk. Kaitie was tremendously helpful and ensured us the most comfortable stay possible. Beautiful location on the Bay with nice grounds and a long boardwalk and fully stocked club lounge. Staff immediately noted our foam pillow request and had it ready for us at the room. Most convenient hotel. would obviously stay again.

Greetings dbench,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I do apologize for the confusion and not being able to find your reservation at check-in but we are so grateful that Katie took care of the error and provided great customer service. We will be sure to recognize her for her great efforts. We hope you will join us again on your next visit to Tampa Bay.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for another dance conference that was held in the hotel. We've stayed here two times prior, and this time was the best! We finally had a view of the bay. (room 648)

The rooms have all been renovated since last year. They all contain a mini fridge that works okay, not super cold, but keeps things from spoiling. There is a nice "mini bar" type area that we used to keep our snacks and light refreshments.

The walk in shower is amazing and tile throughout the bathroom/minibar area is much appreciated.

Huge King Size bed allowed for great rest, that was much needed. But the best part was the window encompassing the whole wall allowing us unobstructed views of the bay and nightly sunsets. I highly recommend getting a room on this side, the other side backs up to the parking garage and the airport - noisy and nothing to look at.

The hotel is undergoing renovations of Petey's Browns and the check in desk, so the lobby was a bit hard to navigate, but that's not a huge part of our experience. Hotel did close the pool due to afternoon rain showers, so that was a bit of a bummer, I assume it was for safety reasons (possible lightening although I didnt see any)

Love Love Loved this hotel. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get Bayside rooms for great views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Loki-n-Luna,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much our hotel and employees exceeded your expectations with regards to your stay. Our guest rooms provide spectacular views of the bay. It will be my pleasure to welcome you as our guest on your next visit to Tampa. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Safe travels,

Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The rooms are designed beautifully and always exceptionally clean! Pool areas are relaxing enough before you even get in the water. Location is easy enough to get to where you're going but secluded enough to give you that 'resort' feel. Both restaurants on the property are top-notch to say the least, but our favorite between the two is Oystercatchers- great GREAT sunset views over the bay and seafood done better than anyone else in the area! But if you take anything from this review, the service by the staff at the hotel was well beyond five-star! Everyone always had a smile and kept making sure that they were at your service to give you anything you need to have an enjoyable time without being stuffy about it. The staff could not do enough to make sure you had a smile on your face and a relaxing time, most especially Stephen from room service. Wonderful gentleman! You will not be disappointed by your stay here- we are coming back here again in six months!

Room Tip: Both the casitas and the rooms in the hotel are wonderfully designed and appointed, but the bay view...
Greetings dean w,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We are so thrilled to hear your overall stay was a great one and you were able to take advantage of our great dining experience at Oystercatchers. Your referral is our biggest compliment and we cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!