“Very engaging staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Very engaging staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good location close to the airport. Staff was overly nice from the front desk to the wait staff to the bell man. Costruction going on however. Only not so good thing was no shampoo in the shower or bathroom and of course I did not notice until I was in the shower

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

955 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Islamorada, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa for two nights and I must say that we
couldn't be more pleased with the staff, grounds, and accommodations. The room is lovely and spacious with nice amenities and very comfortable beds. Day or night, the the views of the Bay are spectacular. Both mornings we dined upstairs at the breakfast buffet where the staff was incredibly congenial and the offerings delicious. Before we arrived we were a little concerned about being so close to the airport, however, the building is so well insulated that you really don't even know it is there. This hotel is a perfect place for business, or pleasure, and plan to stay again whenever we return to the Tampa area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa a few times now and have been very satisfied. The hotel is very well staffed, both in terms of number of employees and quality. Rooms are nice and comfortable. I have stayed both in the main building and the resort area. Rooms in the resort area have a bit of a bungalow feel - not necessarily bad but not as nice as rooms in the main building. Please be aware that the main building is undergoing renovations on the first floor. Nothing that will effect your stay - so don't read too much into that fact.

• Stayed October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff here is the best I have ever seen at a hotel. I travel a lot and never had service like this before. From the front desk with Katie to the restaurants with Devon who brought us a couple deserts and had great conversation with. He truly is an asset to that hotel. Everyone there is great!!!

• Stayed September 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear KindleCap57,

Thank you for going out of your way in providing feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Katie and Devon will be recognized for providing such excellent service during your visit. These are great comments, and are very much appreciated. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a conference for four nights. Just walking in my room made me feel wonderful. The room had a wall to wall window overlooking the wildlife sanctuary, the pool and Tampa Bay. During the day the view was bright a sunny and at night the lights from city buildings.
The room was spacious with a great bed and work area. The bathroom was spacious with a great shower.
The restaurant on the 14th floor was a bit expensive but the dinner was delicious and the breakfast buffet served on the outdoor patio was good but the view was awesome.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear guardianship,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your four night visit with us. I am glad you enjoyed the room with the wonderful view. These rooms in our tower provide guests with some of the best views of the local area. I hope to welcome you back on your next travels to Tampa.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

But that didn't stop me from loving it! The hotel was very clean and you would never know construction was happening except for the large walls with signs saying "Construction-Keep Out". I mean the noise was low, dust was non-existent and I don't know what they are re-doing but the place seemed fine to me! The front desk staff was so nice and helpful and the cleaning ladies did an excellent job on my room. I swear one day I'm going to write down everyone's name so I can include them in a review!I seriously mean the gentleman that helped me at the front desk had a great personality-funny and pleasant. My room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable I almost didn't get up for my meetings!. My husband and I forgot our travel slippers so I called the front desk to get two pair sent up. They were delivered within 20 minutes-of course my pair had two left feet but that's ok, I really can't dance! Overall we had a lovely time and according to my husband the smoked salmon on the club lounge floor was out of this world. I'll have to take his word for it, I couldn't get up early enough to enjoy it with him AND make my meetings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently had a quick one evening lay over at this Hotel.
The check in process was quick and the front desk agent gave me very detailed explanation of my benefit as a Hyatt Diamond member.
There was some constructions going on in the area between the lobby and the elevators. This can be annoying for some people. Also the lobby resturant/bar was very busy at that time.
I was given a corner room that face to the Tampa bay, the view from the room is excellent.
I also had access to the Grand Club which was severing drinks and snacks when I arrived. Snack items include cocktail shrimps, fried calamari, chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and cakes. However, the Grand Club closes very early.
The breakfast offering at the Grand Club was typical continental breakfast items. The food quality is above average in terms of hotel lounges.
Overall, it is very pleasant stay for the amount I paid.

Room Tip: The room I had with a view to the Tampa bay was really great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear DomesticWidebody,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We appreciate your continued loyalty to Hyatt as a Diamond member. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your one night layover. The views of the bay provided from our guestrooms are some of the best in the area. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back when your travels bring you through Tampa.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!