“Best customer service ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best customer service ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Their staff:
THE best! I would stay here again simply because of how friendly and accommodating they were. I've stayed at many hotels, and I can say this is probably the first one I've been to where EVERYONE was willing to go the extra mile. Unfortunately, I only stayed one night, but everyone I came in contact with were very pleasant! My flight was super delayed so I had somewhere to be as soon as I arrived at the airport. The staff was able to work with me and let me place my bag on the airport shuttle and allowed me to catch a cab where I had to be. When I arrived to the hotel, my bag was placed neatly in my room! If it weren't for them I would have been really late! The girl at the hotel joked that they've never had to do this for anyone which made me really pleased at their willingness to please me without any hassle. I also ordered room service and the guy and girl (may have been training) were not only pleasant but asked if there was anything they could do to make me more comfortable.

Hotel:
If you are catching a flight, please take advantage of the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel was nice and clean, as it should be. I stayed in a standard king room and it was pretty spacious. Located near the airport, but its very quiet; it certainly wont interfere with your sleep. Decor is modern.

Overall:
Their staff is the best! You certainly don't have to pull up in a Rolls Royce to be treated like the boss here. The hotel is nice and worth the money you pay. Why not an excellent rating? Wifi is not free (so outdated to still charge) and only certain patrons are entitled to their complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The lobby is a bit disjointed for the next couple of weeks, but it will be beautiful when the work is done. There is construction noise in the lobby, but one cannot hear it from elsewhere in the building.

We had room 1244, which faces the water and is on the Grand Regency floor.

The room renovations seem to be completed throughout the hotel, and they are nicely done! The rooms were always large, but they are now retrofitted with many new electric sockets, a large, full-length mirror, and a large, walk-in shower. There is even a ledge in the shower where a woman can put her foot so she can shave her legs without sitting on the shower floor. Simple and effective! The colors and textures used in redecorating the room are easy on the eyes in natural colors. There is plenty of counter space in the good sized bathroom, and the lighting is good enough to apply makeup without a special makeup mirror. The bathroom mirror didn't steam up during use of the shower. The ventilation is very good in the bathroom and throughout the room. The air conditioner is quiet and has a good thermostat. There is a safe in the room for the convenience of the guest. Someone really thought this through with care before they renovated the rooms. I approve, and think that other properties can take lessons from this hotel!

Room Tip: The water view is nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The moment we arrived the door staff and concierge went above and beyond when my family pulled up. They were great with the kids and helped us with our bags. One gentlemen named Jason always asked how we were and how our day was every time we came back from our day trips. We got a bay view room which was amazing, and the pool was a great touch, however since we were there in low season the outdoor bar was not open. My daughter could not find her itouch on check out day, so we mentioned it to security and they were going to check the room for us. Nice touch, even though she found it in the bottom of her bag when we got home.

It's super close to the airport, but you would never know it. Great stay and I would defiantly stay again. There lobby Reno should be really once once it's complete.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed over 4th of July weekend. Pretty busy with a couple weddings and such. Pool is nice and had a bar but bartender did not know how to chill a shot. DUH! There is a 2nd pool but its kinda far from the main hotel and better off to try and get the shuttle to take you over there. They had a nice little beach area and had a great view of the bay. The bed was super comfy and had tons of pillows! they had a grill out by the pool one day and had chips and a burger. Pizza at the lobby bar was AWESOME! The front desk staff is great if you need anything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such a detailed review. It is always great to hear when our guests have an amazing stay at our property. I am pleased you found the Hyatt Grand bed to be super comfy. Your feedback regarding the staff and their service is greatly appreciated. I hope we can welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I live in Florida and had a 3 night stay here for a large conference I was attending. The service here was really bad. From arrival we had to search out a bellman to help with luggage and then another person to park our vehicle. Have stayed at hundreds of hotels and never pulled up to a place of this "level hotel" where we weren't greeted immediately.

Katie at the front desk check in was AWESOME. Pleasant, smiling and helpful. Had the opportunity to require her assistance on our second day and again she was the Grand Hyatt shining star !!!

The pool is small and there are not nearly enough seats / chairs for those who want to use this facility. The patio around the pool also too small to accommodate the number of guests this hotel has and they have large area of grounds around the pool to accommodate a built out. The pool attendants are scarce and act if they are being bothered when you order (despite the fact they asked for your order.)

A guest next to us at the pool ordered a chicken cesear salad. Came on big white porcelain plate with silverware. Looked great. We ordered the same thing from the same person and when it was brought to us it was on a black plate that was half the size of the other guest, with PLASTIC fork and knife and the salad size was less than 1/2 the size of the other guest. We inquired to staff and we were told "it's chef's discretion." Really? The chef can decide the size of the salad going out? Of course they brought us out another half sized salad but it took then 20 minutes for the second one.

Just bad experience from start to finish.

The room was clean, adequate and the view of the bay was beautiful. The 14th floor restaurant was nice and the view incredible at night.

Room Tip: request pool / bay view. Get a higher floor as well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have tried a number of different hotels in Tampa with various degrees of success. The Grand Hyatt is simply in a class by itself. The facility is attractive, conveniently located, and professionally staffed. My room was on a high floor and had a beautiful view of the harbor. The hotel staff was courtious, friendly, and eager to please (they flawlessly accommodated a number of special requests on short notice). I also had the opportunity to dine at Armani's, which was wonderful. Overall I highly recommend this first class Hyatt property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a nice view. Also, be sure to try Armani's on the top floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Greetings Charles H,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide us with your great experience at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We are so thrilled you rated us as a 5 star experience and we will be sure to share your kind words with our staff and recognize them for the great effort they put forth to provide you with a wonderful stay. We are excited we were able to accommodate your last minute requests, making your visit even better. Our biggest compliment is your referral and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa Bay.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Dartmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This review is based on my third stay at this hotel but would certainly apply to each stay equally which spans three years, which would suggest the consistency of the presentation and quality of service. From the friendly and helpful shuttle driver who picks me up and drops me back to the airport, to the room, front desk and drink and dining staff... My sincere appreciation for making my annual escape weekend three nights if rest and relaxation. See you next year!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!