“Lovely hotel near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #13 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
phx
“Lovely hotel near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I choose the Hyatt because of its location. I would stay again on a trip to or through Tampa. The staff was more than accommodating. I'd even say gracious. Our room faced the bay at my request. Lovely view. We had a hypo-allergenic room. Why aren't all rooms so appointed!
The boardwalk was great, as was the gazebo.
I had a few minor complaints.
One is that the website did not indicate the hotel was renovating the lobby. It did not impact our stay.
The other was a $9.95 charge for wifi. When I asked at the desk about this the wifi was comped for us. These days no hotel should charge.
Third was the one cup coffee maker that hotels seem to be going to. The quality of the coffee is awful and the inconvenience for two travelers trying to get a decent cup was annoying.
Having said this we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a bay view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a great hotel. Booked there for a weekend stay, received an unexpected upgrade to the cassias. Great room, great view, great property, great staff. Try the Lobster tempura at oystercatchers restaurant!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Graham954,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide great feedback on your recent stay with us at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We are thrilled to hear you were provided with great service and complimentary upgraded to enjoy one of our Casita rooms. We hope you’ll join us again for your next visit to Tampa Bay. Your referral is our biggest compliment!

Drew D.- Guest Relations Associate
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the airport. It has a nice pool. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The lobby is undergoing renovations. They have a boardwalk wildlife refuge that is interesting. They run shuttles to 2 nearby malls. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayside view room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am attending a training class for work in Tampa, FL, staying at the Grand Hyatt. They have exceeded all my expectations... and keep in mind I LIVE in hotels, (~48 weeks a year) so I am a hard critic! Everyone from the front desk staff, the breakfast valet, the shuttle drivers, to the hotel concierge have called me by name consistently, asked me how my day was, always greeted me with warm smiles, and have gone above and beyond to provide exceptional service! I don't even have status with this chain of hotels! To give a few examples: extra water bottles upon arrival, outdoor dining accommodations at Armani's, which is not the norm, and white table cloth to boot, unexpected champagne, chocolates, cheeses, and nuts delivered to my room after discussing the importance of a home cooked meal with the shuttle driver after being picked up from the restaurant--- which was also an exceptional experience (OysterCrackers) with special attention from the restaurant manager, while listening to the pianist at Armani's (the other hotel restaurant) I asked the bartender if he knew the song she was playing and his immediate response was 'I don't, but I will be glad to find out for you' and before I could even object he was off on his mission, personal car service service in a very nice Cadillac to and from my office each morning, complimentary, but also not the norm. You simply do not find this level of service, and certainly not an entire staff as well polished as I found consistently throughout this hotel--- even the valet at the hotel restaurant (OysterCrackers)I was chatting with mentioned he had been with the hotel for 17plus years because it was such a fine company to work for. I AGREE, and fine hotel indeed! Of course, in addition to the exceptional service, my room was always well cleaned and my bed was very comfortable. The bay view was also an incredible treat to wake up to! Stay here- you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: you can't have a bad room here: bay rooms are fabulous, but so are the city facing rooms! you ge...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi Hunter I,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on the exceptional service you received while you stayed with us. We are thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of our rooftop restaurant, Armani's, with it great Italian cuisine and it's amazing level of service. We will be sure to recognize all of our staff members for the great work and service they provided to you during your stay. We are so happy that your entire experience at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay was more than accommodating and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa Bay.

Drew D. - Guest Relations Associate
Bellmawr, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I must admit that I was a little hesitant booking with the Grand Hyatt Tampa but after all was said and done I was completely satifisfied. Every staff member was friendly and helpful but none so much as Anja the Front Office Manager. Our corner room (#949) offered an excellent view of the bay, the back pool area and airport. The rooms and common areas were clean, bright and fashionable. We did not use the back pool (bit of a hike for my 8 year old grandson and 11 year old son) but the front pool was great. The downstairs restuarant was being renovated but Armanis upstairs had excellent food and an awesome view. We are coming back down in December and will be booking here for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi snave669,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We are so happy that you had a great experience at our hotel and the guest room was more than accommodating for your visit. We will be sure to recognize Anja for the great service and friendliness provided. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of dining at Armani’s, we take a lot of pride in this restaurant. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa Bay.

Drew D.- Guest Relations Associate
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

booked through priceline and got a great rate. i decided to upgrade to a room on a higher floor with a fantastic view. The room was nice. nice decor, shower, minifridge, desk area, etc. Front Desk staff was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in a great location. Near Tampa airport and on the causeway making a trip to Clearwater beach only about 30 minutes. The onsite highly rated Oystercatchers restraunt was hard to get in to so I took my wife and 3 year old son to the lobby bar to see if they offered food. I feared that they would not allow a 3 year old in the bar area. Much to my surprise We were welcomed by a friendly staff and an extensive dinner menu. They had a very small kids menu but said they could make almost any menu item in a children's portion for half the price. Food was great, the room was clean with a nice bay view, and the nature walk was fun. We saw hundreds of mangrove crabs.

• Stayed July 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hi Jason-from-Orlando,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent visit to our Grand Hyatt Tampa Pay. I am glad to hear how well our location, close to the airport, worked for your travel. Our employees at our Lobby Lounge will be recognized for the friendly service you experienced while looking for a quite bite to eat. I hope you will come back to our hotel on your next visit to our area!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!