“Would have been a five star for me if I didn't dine at their restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Would have been a five star for me if I didn't dine at their restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

It was a bliss to come back to the Hyatt since we had a long flight. Valet was an extra cost so I just parked myself. Reservation went smoothly. The pricing was ok. David the gentlemen at the front desk is the best service man we've ever witnessed. Helped us with wifi and also helped us with boxes for our rediculous spending habits. We bought a raft and three paddles. He was able to find a box for us to put our things in. In our eyes, David made us very impressed with our whole stay. I wish he was always there. He girls at the front desk were all very nice and let off a very positive feel as well. The worst thing to witness is to talk to idiots behind the computers and they don't k is why they're doing. Be very careful when going to their restaurant. Services is not good at all. Alright food but service is non existence or very rude. No one greets you, they just look at you, acting as if they're not even working. Strange, then a few minutes later, the same guy shows up and says, do you want a menu? I should have just said, "um no, I'm just sitting here kicking breeze." Took a while for he food to come out. Very small proportion. I love five star dining and usually with a nicer sophisticated restaurant I am given much more food. No bred was given. Guy forgets lemon in my water. No Ice. Didn't ask us for desserts after our meal. I left and tipped 2 bucks. He really deserved a complaint to the boss but ill just avoid this place. Dinner was over $100 btw for mediocre fries, burger and steak. Please hire some new wait staff. Overall David and the girls in the counter were amazing, dining sucks. The rooms are nice. Location is convenient. I don't remember how the beds are. I have the plushes pillow top so, it's not comparable but def bearable. You will enjoy it here.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa Bay while planning to attend 4 Yankee spring training games. The hotel was barely 5 miles away from Tampa airport, so we got there quickly, parked in the parking garage and checked in. When I made the reservations, I booked a king bed room with an upgrade to bay view if available for $12/night. Fortunately it was available, so we checked in to room 620 which had a beautiful view of Old Tampa Bay.

When evening came, we realized that there was a noise issue so I called the front desk and a gentleman from maintenance came up and said it was the service elevator noise (he knew exactly and immediately what the problem was - seems like he had identified it many times before!). We tried to change rooms but the hotel was sold out; however, the desk clerk said we could be moved tomorrow and he would comp our lunch from that day (I did not ask for any accommodation; he simply offered it). We were moved to room 1044 the next day which was quiet and clean and met our needs perfectly.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and included a hot and cold buffet.

We also used the gym which was adequate for our needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

From beginning to end this hotel was great! For the quick review just scroll down to the pro's and cons...My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate my 21st birthday with a nice little romantic getaway in Tampa. After researching different hotels we decided to give this one a try. At the time it was ranked #7 out of all the hotels in Tampa (but #1 in the area we were trying to stay in). Tampa is pretty big, I know because I use to live down there. We arrived at the hotel around 2am tired from driving from Panama City, Fl. Check-in was a breeze and a nice guy named David helped us. I had requested a corner room on a high floor. When we went up to our room the key would not work so I went down to talk to David. He got us new keys and also had another guy who worked there come up with us. Thankfully the keys worked. The room itself was very nice. Comfortable bed and pillows nice and soft. The shower was big. The hotel grounds were really nice. The view from the room was AMAZING. We were in room 1022. There was a huge wedding going on at our hotel but you were not bothered by any noise at all. Parking is great since its free! They also have Valet service. We were not able to eat at the hotel but down the causeway is a wonderful spot I have always loved called Bahama Breeze. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again! Loved it!

Pros:
Friendly staff
Clean
Huge Showers
Free Parking
Great Location
Amazing Grounds

Cons:
For once I can't complain

Room Tip: High floor and Corner room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hi mela_monique!

Thank you for going into such detail with regards to your stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay! Happy belated birthday!! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for such a special occasion. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed everything with no complaints. David will be recognized for his excellent service provided. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Pevensey East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for the last 2 nights of a 3 week vacation and glad we chose it. The hotel kindly upgraded us to a bay view with a corner window and the views were stunning. As this is a city/business hotel you don't expect to be able to relax as much as you would in a beach side hotel. But how wrong can you be. There is plenty of space to walk around, relax around a small pool and enjoy the wildlife. Would definitely use this hotel again for its proximity to Tampa airport. Food that we had was good and drinks reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade - you never know
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nick&Jan,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback & your comments with regards to staying at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the corner bay view guestroom. These provide our guests with some of the best water views. We are glad you could unwind & relax for two nights before your departing flight. Your referral is greatly appreciated!

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for our anniversary. After checking in online, our room was ready around 2:00. Front desk was hospitable and welcoming. Room was very clean and presentable. Nice views from 10th floor bay room. Had some very expensive cocktails at Armani's and then a nice dinner at Oystercatcher's. Great service and buffet style breakfast the following morning at Petey Brown's. Took a relaxing walk along the nature trail after breakfast before checking out. Overall, a great experience. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi srqff80,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate your special Anniversary. It is great that our employees went above & beyond to ensure your time with us was so memorable. We take pride with hearing our guests comment with regards to the delicious food you enjoyed at Oystercatcher's and Petey Brown's. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was here for 24 hours with a group of colleagues for an event we hosted in late May. Arrival and check-in were smooth, easy airport access, and option to self park right next to the hotel. Room was fantastic and had a nice view of the water, though I spent little time there. Super clean and very modern. On arrival the 5 of us wanted lunch in the lobby bar rather than leaving or going upstairs to their fancy restaurant, which left us thinking they were under staffed. Our waiter was was learning the new menu, mentioned making some of the drinks himself in a not totally reassuring way, and was clearly having to run our orders and plates someplace really far away or had a ton else to do. We weren't in a rush at all, but it took strangely long and meant he didn't clean up a spill (that he made) or clear our table before we left. Everything else went well, staff was helpful for both our events and small requests like shredding some documents, and the pool area was awesome and perfectly maintained and appointed, so we got some R&R in too!

Room Tip: Although if they're busy the water-view rooms might be hard to come by, it's worth asking!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in a Casita for four nights, very quiet, very private and beautiful, but the room itself was extremely run down and needed renovation. There was also not a fridge in the room. The pool areas were great, fitness center one of the nicer I've seen, but the room condition caused me to leave with a bitter taste. Overall though, very nice property and I'll be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!