Stayed here for a week on business travel. This year, I'm putting all of my hotel points eggs into the Hyatt basket and have stayed at a range of properties. When in Tampa for work, I used to stay at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Tampa. It was supremely convenient as I could walk to my work site. However, that property was recently purchased by Hilton, so my search began anew.
This property is very close to the airport, which made it convenient to get to after arriving late at night. That being said, the first time, it is a little difficult to get to, since you switch direction back and forth a few times after getting off the freeway. Once you do it the first time though, it's not too bad.
The view of the bay driving in is spectacular - it seems like you're driving at water level. The view from my room (329) was pretty uninspiring - the top of the garage. Not a big deal since I was there for work and was rarely in during the day when you could see anything anyways. I've read in other reviews that even numbered rooms are the way to go for a view.
The room itself was very spacious and you could tell they just renovated. It is classy and modern, but understated just enough as to not be obnoxious. Classy really is the best word. It seemed my room was previously an ADA room that was converted to a regular room (could still see holes in the shower walls where the accessibility bars were once bolted in. Contrary to some reviewers' photos, I had an old fashioned style tub with a shower curtain.
The A/C blew strong and cold, and surprisingly, the hotel WiFi signal was strong enough to allow for a pleasant browsing experience. Even managed to stream a little Netflix without too much trouble.
Didn't partake in any of the restaurants, but I read that they are top notch. Valet service was prompt, and I never waited long, even with a big event going on one evening upon my return from the office.
The only drawback I can note is that there is absolutely nothing around the area as far as other dining options, stores, etc, that I could find. It's basically in the middle of an office park off of the freeway. That turned my first night, late night hunger from a $15 room service burger (delicious by the way, even if the fries were a bit shoestringy and underwhelming) into over $30 when delivery charge and tip were added. I understand that hotel services are inherently pricier because you're paying for the convenience, but that was a bit off-putting. The turnaround was prompt though - about 15 minutes from my order to delivery.
Overall, I highly recommend this property - staff are very polite and helpful, the property is beautiful, and it made for a pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel Tampa
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel
- Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Hyatt Tampa
- Tampa Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 445-deluxe guest room business resort hotel in a relaxed setting offering 45 Spanish-style villas, 23 suites, Hyatt Business Plan and exclusive Regency Club accommodations. We are the only 4-Diamond hotel in Tampa, located on a 35-acre wildlife preserve on the spectacular shores of Tampa Bay, conveniently located five minutes to Tampa International Airport and International Plaza mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TIG Global, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.