First off I must say that the staff at this hotel is great. Everyone and I do mean everyone was very friendly and helpful. So right off that alone makes a great stay at any hotel, but this hotel is also lovely.
I understand it was very recently renovated and you can tell because everything is in great shape and looks new. We stayed in the casita area of the hotel off the main building at the end of the nature trail. We had a casita suite which was very large and beautiful. It's a bi-level so there's a living area, dining area, bathroom and bar/kitchen on the first floor (kitchen has fridge, sink microwave) then the upper level has bedroom, large closet and large bathroom. And there a small outdoor patio. The casita area has a koi pond and a pool and beach, small but all very nice. I would definitely stay here again when in this area.
Here's a small tip though the location of this property is right off the airport (plane noise is not really a problem though) and because of that you are not within walking distance or quick travel to anything else. And I say quick travel because you are off a cloverleaf of the main highways, so going off property to get a quick bite or fill up your tank take at least 20-30 minutes. Those cloverleaves are a pain in the butt, you go round and round to get where you going.
But overall we loved it here... one of the nicer Hyatts I've stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel Tampa
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel
- Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Hyatt Tampa
- Tampa Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 445-deluxe guest room business resort hotel in a relaxed setting offering 45 Spanish-style villas, 23 suites, Hyatt Business Plan and exclusive Regency Club accommodations. We are the only 4-Diamond hotel in Tampa, located on a 35-acre wildlife preserve on the spectacular shores of Tampa Bay, conveniently located five minutes to Tampa International Airport and International Plaza mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TIG Global, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.