“Nice hotel, close to airport but resort feeling” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aalborg, Denmark
“Nice hotel, close to airport but resort feeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you are staying in Tampa for business and also want to relax a little, expect high service, good food and nice rooms (especially the cabanas) this is the place to go. Will be my place in Tampa for the future.

Room Tip: Take one of the small houses that you can rent, a nice walk to the hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This property is relaxing, luxurious and romantic. I checked in mid afternoon and was upgrades to a Casita Room- WOW!! My husband and I felt like we were on an private island- it was wonderful. The room was clean, the bedding soft and the bathroom simple, but elegant. We took the walk down the boardwalk and enjoyed the view of the bay. You would never guess you were just a mile from the airport and the hustle of Westshore.
This hotel is convient to everything- shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Being located close to the freeway makes it easy to get places. This hotel is an excellent value and I am staying there again next week for Christmas.

Room Tip: Casita rooms are perfect for a romantic get-a-way
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear christines2060:

Thank you for taking a moment to share about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the time you spent at our property. Often, we hear enthusiastic feedback from our guests, with regards to the Casitas. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another romantic getaway!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here recently while in Tampa for a night. We had a King Bay View room. The view was very nice. The room was clean and large. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom very modern!

We absolutely loved the hotel. We had drinks at the Italian restaurant on the top floor. The view was fabulous and the service was top notch. The bartender even took the time to show us around the restaurant! Though we weren't able to have dinner, we had a few delicious appetizers at the bar.

Overall, this hotel was fantastic. Every single employee that I encountered was friendly and helpful. The outside area was a nice surprise, especially considering the hotel is situated between two major highways and right near the airport. Somehow, though, there is very little noise. The pool area was surrounded by beautiful grounds.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel again!

Dear hopec38:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The bay views our rooms provide are some of the best in the area. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Your referral is greatly appreciated!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
michael30309
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel that seems more fitting for business/conferences than leisure. Rooms were large, clean and recently updated. My bay front room provided picture-worthy views, particularly during sunset, and the room amenities (mini fridge, numerous electrical outlets, new TV, etc) were better than many four star hotels I've encountered. Fantastic gym, decent locker room and pool (although the pool area was limited in size). Also, the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Two areas were a bit lacking for me. First, I found it frustrating that the pool area did not have any wireless availability. For $10/day, you would expect wifi throughout premises.
Secondly, the room walls are very thin. I could hear my neighbors' pleasurable evening as if I were in the room with them. Also, I could hear people in the hallways from my room, and from the hallways could hear conversations from those in rooms. If you're a light sleeper, I would think twice about staying here. If you're holding a business call from your room, I would keep your voice down.

Overall, for the price (~120/night) this hotel was excellent.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Watchung, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It has been a little over a year since we last stayed here to visit with friends and family. The hotel is very nicely appointed and we will stay here again. Unfortunately, they had overbooked the rooms with kingsize beds, but the staff went out of their way to make up for it. An A+ rating for the front desk staff! The breakfast buffet is excellent and the location is very convenient. They also ran a special, stay two nights and the third is free with breakfast included, which made it a great bargain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I really appreciate that you took the time to share your recent experience with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed our hotel and found the front desk staff to be very accommodating. I’m glad that they were able to make up for your bed type not being available. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Tallahassee, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My last visit was two years ago, and while I continue to love the Casita (little house) option situated among wetlands and enjoy the location being near Hyde Park shopping, good restaurant choices, and Ruth Eckerd Hall, I was a bit dismayed at the decor change. Gone is the tropical feel of the Casita, and in its place is Euro-minimalist sleekness. It not only is less comfortable but seems cluttered. The ubiquitous work station now takes up space that an easy chair occupied. Since I wasn't working, but playing, I preferred it before. Useless benches are at the foot of each bed, taking up even more space. The one upholstered chair was uninviting, and the matching ottoman could not be placed where it could be used - no room. The colors are now beige and browns and seems masculine. I will continue to stay at this hotel because of the Casita and surrounding landscaping and patio, but I am not as enthusiastic as in the past.

Room Tip: Having the option of a Casita is the plus here as a high rise hotel is nothing special. The Casita...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past. We had the pleasure of staying here over the weekend for a company Christmas party at a local restaurant.

OUr room on the 12th floor was very modern having been recently renovated. The only issue that we could find was that you could hear the elevators going up and down.... Not a biggie for us as we do not like complete silence when we sleep. Some people might find this unacceptable and owuld prefer a room farther down the hall.

The hotel seems clean and the staff are very friendly.

The breakfast buffet in the restuarant is a little limited, but you can order omelets and specialty eggs from the server. The hostess in the restaurant is very friendly and seems to really love her job.

This has become one of my favorite hotels in the Tampa Bay area. I will def. be back!

Room Tip: I always prefer a high floor. You may want to request a room far from the elevator and if you want...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!