“Superior Service” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Superior Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The entire staff was amazing. From when we were picked up at the airport until when we checked out the entire staff was polite, informative and gracious. The best customer service at any hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The property is beautiful, the restaurants are good. Check in was fast and easy and the hotel staff were helpful. That being said, I was there for a conference for three days. I was stuck there. There was nothing close so I was stuck eating at the hotel restaurants although I had a car. The food was expensive and the service at all of the restaurants was adequate, but I'd expect better for the price. The combination of price and service made me feel that I was stuck. The one day I ate the prepackaged sandwiches they sold for lunch, I had an upset stomach which pushed me to the lounge for food the next day. I'll review the restaurants separately since this is about the hotel. The room was spotless and comfortable. The AC worked perfectly, it was quiet and the room stayed at a perfect temperature. The bathrooms were laid out awkwardly. I could hardly reach the TP since it was on a far wall and the only mirror in the place was over the bathroom sink and it was difficult to put makeup on. If you're tall, you won't notice this. I had a room that looked over the airport which wasn't the premium view, but I opened the curtains and had a beautiful view of the sunrise over the skyline, so it was still an amazing view. The workout room has a good variety of equipment in good working order. They also have a refrigerator with bottled water and chilled moist towels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Lisa D:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Your comments about the menu items are appreciated. We'll be happy to pass your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager. It's great to hear about you catching the sunrise from the fantastic view from your room. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Kearny, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt while on a business trip. This hotel was everything I could have asked for and more! First of all, the hotel is right near the Tampa Airport, which is extremely convenient for anyone travelling for business. My room was extremely clean- it was literally spotless, and very comfortable. Water bottles were placed in my room for purchase each morning by housekeeping, which I greatly appreciated. Housekeeping was extremely friendly and respectful of my belongings. The restaurant inside the hotel served absolutely delicious breakfast food, as well as the restaurant on the hotel property. Great place to stay! The only thing I would have liked to see was a mini fridge in the room so that I could store my delicious leftovers for snacking at a later time. I also encountered a very rude service person at the front desk when I called towards the end of my trip who actually hung up on me while I was speaking to him. While this was upsetting, my stay at the Hyatt was so wonderful otherwise, that it was only a small wave in an otherwise perfect and happy experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay. It’s great to read that your room was very comfortable and extremely clean. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping staff letting them know you enjoyed their service. Guests do have the option to request a refrigerator. These are based upon availability but can be requested. I apologize for your phone encounter with the front desk agent. This is very disappointing to read and we will address this situation immediately. Thank you for such a wonderful review. I hope we can welcome you back to our property in the near future!

Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Tampa in Nov 2012. I was there for 3 nights for business. I came in on a Sunday to relax before my meeting and it was great. There are 2 pools. The pool near the casitas have a little beach which overlook the water which is really nice. I ate at Oystercatchers which also overlooks the water and its great. The prices are reasonable and the food is great. I worked outside, there is a nice nature trail and jogging path along the water. The gym gives out bottled water which is always a plus in my book because I drink a ton of water. The rooms are very big with a nice chaise lounge in the seating area. The beds had great linens and I slept we'll even though it was by the airport, did not hear much noise. The bathroom, is a great size and the decor in the room is very relaxing. The hotel was recently renovated according to its website and it was a nice job. All the people that worked there were nice and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The corner rooms overlooking the water.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation it is our biggest compliment! I’m delighted to read that you had an outstanding stay at our property. Your comments regarding the restaurant Oystercatchers are valued as well as the comments about our health club. I’m glad that you found your room to be well appointed and comfortable. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the future!

Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay for one night and the tail end of our trip before flying out of Tampa International. The service was impeccable and they upgraded us to a bay view suit free of charge for no reason. The entire hotel looked recently renovated, and was extremely clean and well maintained. My only complaint is that we didn't get to spend more time there. If we're ever in the area again, we will definitely be staying at the Grand Hyatt.

Also, there is a phenomenal seafood restaurant on the property called Oyster Catchers. It's a little pricey, but if you're looking for somewhere close and don't feel like driving far, I'd highly suggest it. The attention they give to the smallest things (i.e. utensil placement) makes the experience even better. I always think good service and attention makes an excellent meal even better. There is also another restaurant inside the hotel, but I cannot speak to that, as we did not eat there.

You can also print your boarding passes in the lobby free of charge.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bay side and had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Adam G:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the time you spent at our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back through the Tampa area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay this week for a conference. Did go a few days early to relax. This is a very nice hotel, great staff always ready to help or answer a 'tourist' question. Nice facilities for a conference...good food. Food in restaurants on property was good also and great wait staff. I did ask for an upgrade upon check in and got a room with a view of the bay...definitely worth it to wake up to a gorgeous view of the bay and to watch the sunsets. This hotel has an outdoor walking trail to their Oystercatchers Restaurant and there is a little bit of beach and fire pits in this area...just a nice relaxing place. Good place again to catch the sunset. Would definitely stay here when in Tampa again for business or pleasure. Just a short drive down Hwy 60 to Clearwater and more gorgeous beaches.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to bay side of hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing you recent experience at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It’s a delight to read when our guests have a top notch experience at our property. I’m elated that you found the staff to be fantastic and the food to be delicious. We have a great property that offers outstanding service and a great selection of restaurants. Your recommendation is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. Good service, clean rooms, good location. The room service was amazing and some of he best food I have ever had delivered to my room. I loved so many things about this hotel. The only thing that keeps it from being great is the wireless service. I continue to be amazed that nice hotels like this charge for wireless access in the room. That wasn't the problem though. Usually when you log in once, it automatically keeps you logged in and when you come back in the room from being somewhere it will automatically log you back in. Not here. I wish I had a dime for every time I had to go back and log in with a silly code. I was doing a lot of work in the room, and if I took a 10 minute break.....I would have to log in again. Very annoying and as nice as the hotel is, this will keep me from coming back. What a shame.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!