“Great hotel with large rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
usa
“Great hotel with large rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. It is very clean and the rooms seem to have been recently refurbished. Beautiful decor and very spacious rooms with ample work space and conveniently placed electrical outlets. The hotel is also very quiet and room darkening drapes. Nice toiletries and coffee/tea maker in the room. The food was good and the service was very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear UsaJules:

We appreciate you going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Your comments are greatly appreciated with regards to how much you enjoyed our recent refurbishment. Our guests seem to really enjoy the new look of our hotel. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back with us.

Safe travels!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Lyons Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff was wonderful, very helpful and the room was spectacular and very very clean. I almost want to live here. I would definitely stay here again! I was having such a bad day after flying in to Tampa airport (4 hours in the terminal) and the staff made me feel welcome, and put a smile on my face. It was very nice to see people who really enjoyed their jobs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear ReneeGourmet:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our hotel! We're glad that you enjoyed your clean room with the great view. Hyatt takes pride with our associates offering the best customer service. We'll make sure they are recognized for their tremendous efforts.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel in the Tampa area. Views of the bay are excellent. Rooms are recently renovated and very comfortable. Restaurants are great, especially Oyster Catchers. Service is top notch on all levels. Close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were part of a wedding group and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The views were beautiful, the only drawback being there are no balconies and you are not able to open a window. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was convenient to the airport and shopping. There are two malls near by. The better of the two is the International Mall. The wedding reception was held at the hotel. The food was fabulous! There were two receptions being held on the same night but it was no problem whatsoever. You would have never known.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear janfromtoledo:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent experience at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Your comments about the cleanliness of the rooms & the great views are greatly appreciated. Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service offered during your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I just came back from visiting the Grand Hyatt for four days and all I can say is wonderful. The staff was very courteous and professional, every need was met, the rooms are gorgeous (get a Bayview room), the Bayside pool was very nice and I was the only one over there and it is very private. I celebrated my birthday there and had a wonderful dinner at the Oyster Catchers which is a part of this wonderful hotel.... My experience was a 5 star. Special thanks to Anja who checked me in, thanks to Noah and Bill who worked the lounge bar, Noah was very gracious and helped me celebrate my birthday and introduced me to a lot of folks there. Had a great time, will visit again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It’s fantastic to read that you had such a wonderful stay at our property. I am excited that you found the staff to be very courteous and professional. I will be sure to let Anja, Noah, and Bill know that you found their service to be very friendly and helpful. We have a great staff that wants to ensure all of our guests needs are met. Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday at our property. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay hotel, outside of Tampa, but next to Tampa Bay. This luxury hotel has very nice rooms with great views to the Tampa Bay. It is very accessible by highways and next to the airport. Unless this location, rooms are very quiet, the hotel is situated in a nice green environment. Staff is very friendly and helpfull, e.g. waiting for our car outside the lobby, we were offered some refreshing water. We had dinner at the Oyster Catchers Restaurant which offers superior seafood, the restaurant can be reached by a shuttle bus, because it is situated in another building. Also the interior of the restaurant is a must and has a great view on Tampa Bay.

Valet parking is rather expensive

Room Tip: ask for rooms with bay view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted you enjoyed our hotel and the excellent bay views we offer. It's great to hear you enjoyed our famous Oyster Catcher restaurant. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

After reading some of the earlier reviews, I contacted the hotel and asked to have the manager call me back. Crys call me back and gave me very clear information on exactly what renovation work was going on during the days that I would be at the hotel. Based upon his information, I booked the hotel and was extremely happy with both my room and the service that I received while I was there. I asked at the front desk about Oystercatchers and was immediately given a coupon for $25 off. It was raining that night and so the hotel staff suggested that they drive us over to the restaurant which is located on their property but a 7 minute walk from the main building. In addition, while we waited a few minutes for the shuttle, they gave us a glass of champagne which we brought along on the shuttle ride. I liked being able to self-park my car in the garage, and not have to pay a parking fee at all. When I showed up alone at breakfast, the waiter asked if I'd like a newspaper and then went to get me one gratis. People were extremely friendly from start to finish. I'm not sure whether they were testing themselves for the upcoming convention but if so, they passed with flying colors. Oh yes, and when I asked Crys about the rather hefty internet charge, he said he'd waive it. When I got there, it was no problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is very rewarding to hear when our guests have an excellent stay. I will be sure to share your kind words to Chrys letting him know that you found his service to be top notch. It sounds like all your interactions with the staff were very positive. We want to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience while staying with us. Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay? Share your experiences!