“Could Have been Better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tampa Downtown

You added Hilton Tampa Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Tampa Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 North Tampa Street, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Hotel Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, United States
“Could Have been Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Though the hotel was nice, there was a smoke smell in my non-smoking room that caused me to begin to have an allergic reaction and I had to wait for 4 hours for my room to be ready upon arrival. The maintenance crew came within 10 minutes of me reporting the smoking smell and changed the filter, however, if it is a nonsmoking room, I am not sure why the filter smells of smoke to begin with.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I spent four days here for a work conference and experienced great service the whole time. The most helpful were the guys at the valet station, especially Robert. They suggested great places to eat, told me how to walk to the nearest grocery store and told us how to find the trolley. There are a lot of great places to eat within walking distance, or just take the trolley and enjoy even more great places to eat.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed a convention there last August. The staff in the bar and restaurant was outstanding, (Pilar, Mr. Roberts). Randy made sure our every need was catered to. We first had a suite that had a problem with the air conditioning which was taken care of promptly. We asked to upgrade to the presidential suite and was as soon as it was available. Great stay, been there several times for August conventions.

Room Tip: Presidential suite was fabulous
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The overall scenery of the hotel is excellent and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The rooms are ok but not very astonishing considering it's the downtown Hilton for a major city. Overall I loved the hotel lobby view and the eatery inside the hotel serves a good buffet style breakfast.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It’s a band-name hotel, clean, trendy, romantic, quiet, comfy … Whichever positive word you use to describe it, you might be right. I noticed that not only business travelers and spring breakers, conference goers also chose to stay here, not minding walking seven, eight blocks from the Convention center.

The whole hotel in its 21-first century architectural style looked very appealing to me. It’s clean beyond what the word clean means. Free of dust? Absolutely! Free of funny smells in the elevators and in my room? Rest assured!

Look out the window of my room and I found an outdoor pool six-stories down, hardly any street traffic, and barely-seen express way, which I cared the most.

Another amenity that the hotel has or has not listed included: free, secured Wi-Fi, two complementary bottles of spring water for the first-day stay. There is also an airport-shuttle service ($13/person) starting at 6 a.m. each hour.

Everything had been enjoyable to me until the morning that I departed.

Sitting on the toilet, I spotted an insect crawling right below the mirror and took a picture of it. Assuming it was a cockroach, I went back to the room to fetch my eye glass trying to get another picture, but it was gone and then seemed to appear again from behind the mirror.

Back to the bathroom, I snapped another picture of the unwelcome, uninvited, unexpected little creature, and covered it under a hand towel, hoping the cleaning staff would check it out.

I showed on of the pictures to the front desk lady in the lobby, who told me that it was a water bug rather than a roach. She apologized and agreed to compensate for this though I did not register it as a complaint at first.

After I was gone, no response from the hotel, and not a response from the hotel after I called it for a follow-up four days later, and the communication has been dead since. Is it the normal practice of Hilton which I've chosen to stay since 2000?

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the expressway.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After driving 9hrs we arrived in Tampa a little tired, but excited to be here. We attempted to book a room on Priceline (Long Story and Epic Fail). So after driving around Tampa for over an hour with my family in the car, we opted to go check out the Hilton. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were soon disappointed to hear that there were no double rooms left and that wouldn't work for us as a family of four :( The manager (Raphael) was standing over to the side and heard our conversation, he said I have a room and we will make something work for you. He went up to one of his suites, went and got two twin size roll out beds and we had a huge cozy room for our family. I appreciate this so much. It would have been so easy to just turn us away, instead they went above and beyond to make our family an entire room! This level of customer service is a rare find! I am just in awe of this Hilton and its staff! It's a must stay if you in the area!

Stayed March 2015
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Came for a conference and it was great! Cold in all of the conference/meeting rooms, but other than that, it was great! Slept like a baby - it was my getaway even though it was work related! The room was clean and the perfect temperature. The bedding was clean and so comfortable. I didn't have to complain about a thing and the free wi-fi was a plus as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!