“Very comfortable accommodations in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tampa Downtown

You added Hilton Tampa Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Tampa Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 North Tampa Street, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Hotel Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Military Family Rate
Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Very comfortable accommodations in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The first thing that strikes you about this Hilton Hotel is the service. The lobby area is inviting and the dining room is very nice. But most of all, the service is fantastic. I always feel like I get great service. The room was very comfortable and had an excellent workstation with plenty of outlets to plug in many devices. The bed is very comfortable and my floor was quiet. On this stay, I am away from the pool area which I recommend. You'll find it quieter with less interruptions. I wish they would beef up the workout room a bit and add more weights; however, that is a minor point given all the other good things here. Having a Starbucks in the hotel is also a plus

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review about the Hilton Tampa Downtown and commenting on our fantastic service. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. The Starbucks located in the hotel is a BIG hit with all our guests. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was a perfect stay for me and my family. Great southern hospitality! The staff was very friendly from the front desk to the kitchen staff.Room was nice and spacious and very clean. everyone always had a smile on their faces. I will be back with my family and friend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. The staff and I are very happy that you had a perfect stay with your family. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to all our guests.
tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Fantastic and easy location to conduct business in downtown Tampa. I recommend this hotel, very nice and flexible people to work with. Very friendly and helpful people around the hotel. Free internet in the lobby and newspapers keeps you in touch with current events around the country.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. Come back to see us when your travels bring you to the Tampa area.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have never stayed in a Hilton Hotel that was as dirty as this hotel. The carpet was filthy and it seems like sewer gas was entering the hall and bathroom. This miserable trip began with check in. Even though we requested a room with double beds since January 2014, we were told that we could not have it. We requested rooms on the lower floor, but h was given rooms on the 11th floor. The attendant at the desk was not courteous, she treated us as though she did not care if we were comfortable. We will never stay at this hotel when we return to Tampa, and advise anyone else to stay away.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I apologize for the experience that you have described. Please call me at 813-222-4960 to discuss this matter further. Randy Kuiken, Rooms Executive.
Hattiesburg,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for business purposes. First impressions of the hotel were good. However, a few improvements might be needed. While the clerk at checkin was friendly and informed me about the free Wi-Fi package I received and my special request for pillows that should be taken care of, it would've been nice to get a little more information about the location of hotel amenities and anything interesting going on in the area. Also, despite the clerk's assurances about my pillow request, I still had to call down to housekeeping to get the right kind of pillows in the room. It took two calls and 30 minutes before I finally got them! Housekeeping could use some service improvements. The room was nice, but view wasn't so great. Bathrooms and closets were very small too. The bed felt comfortable, but I didn't sleep so well. Seems as though one side of the bed was sinking down a bit. Overall, I'd stay again, just would ask where amenities are, better views and ensure the correct pillows were there.

• Stayed August 2014
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am glad the first impression about the hotel was very good. I apologize for the pillows not being correct when you checked into the hotel. I will share your comments with the appropriate Managers to ensure this does not happen again. Please come back and try out the hotel again.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

High class hotel. Nice pool and hot tub. Great for convention weekends. Took care of my parking for free the day I needed to check out but still wanted to be in Tampa for the day. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about the hotel and your experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. The staff takes great pride at making sure every guest receives great service. Hope to see you again! Thank you for your business.
Williamstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great amenities, internet speed was like no ever I ever experienced at a hotel. Rooms and property extremely clean. Used the pool, the bar and the food is very very good! Was there last year for a convention and the place was even better this time. Love this place!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. The staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay while attending your convention. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you for your business.

Been to Hilton Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!